PDA

View Full Version : repeating strike combi

Foxy
01-04-2006, 18:04
Something i came up with to keep slashing is like this one offhand attack( maybe a lead attack first so u can do the offhand attack) then Repeating Strikes, Way of the Empty Palm and the Ritualist skill:Guilded weapon. Its not for a long time but it will keep u slashing for some seconds. The only thing i wonder about is that repeating strikes has no activation time and no recharge time (and no energy cost cos of way of the empty palm).... so u just press the skill like hell and it will deal dmg like hell:shocked: .... am i right? plz let me know. ty:flowers:

Longasc
01-04-2006, 18:37
Repeating Strike - 5E,0,0
Off-Hand Attack. Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +32 damage. If it misses, it takes an additional 15 seconds to recharge.

I did not have it in the FPE, hmmm... it makes for some nice combos for sure.

I also thought about some combos with this skill, but if it must follow an offhand attack and already is an offhand attack, would this not mean infinite repetition till you fail to hit?

I guess you will have to follow repeating strike with another attack, and this will probably be a dual attack... then you cannot execute repeating strike again immediately.

But you could do this then:

Repeating Strike - any dual attack - Moebius Strike (counts as offhand) - Reapeating Strike - ... to extend your attack chains.

Caelus The Fallen
01-04-2006, 23:34
Repeating Strike - 5E,0,0
I also thought about some combos with this skill, but if it must follow an offhand attack and already is an offhand attack, would this not mean infinite repetition till you fail to hit?

Exactly: Repeating Strike - repeat infinitely until you miss.

Chaz Rea
01-04-2006, 23:54
Repeating Strike - any dual attack - Moebius Strike (counts as offhand) - Reapeating Strike - ... to extend your attack chains.

If you take Mobius Strike you can't use Way of the Empty Palm, as they're both elite. The assassin already has enough energy problems, and using up 5 energy per attack would make it much worse.

Way of the Empty Palm, however, would let you spam it for no energy until WotEP runs out, and hopefully your target will be dead by then :laugh:

Longasc
02-04-2006, 11:32
Hehe, Chaz, if I can spam repeating strike till I fail... forget about all the fancy assassin combos.

Then you are right,

Way of the Empty Palm, Lead Attack, Offhand Attack, REPEATING STRIKE x 100.

I am not really forced to ever follow this up with a Dual Attack that I can still do when RPStrike fails...

I dunno how you feel, but this skill feels a bit stupid to me, after having thought about many lead-off-dual and so on combos if I can spam RPS till failure, ugh... the only limitation is if I really fail or run out of energy, but do I really need much other combos then???

To put is short and in kiddo language, Repeating Strike ftw, it pwns!

Foxy
02-04-2006, 13:03
k ty:flowers: .... i hope they not nerf it... anyway well see when we get the game.:afro:

Rhayve
02-04-2006, 16:09
There are too many Block/Evade/Blind skills out there, there is no way you'll be able to spam Repeating strike for a extended period of time

Akisame Kiyoraba
02-04-2006, 17:59
Thing is, in PvP, it probably won't be long until whomever you are attacking realises that you are attacking them, and you get repeating strike shut down for the entire match. Even in PvE, it doesn't exactly help that at least 70% of the enemies have melee damage shutdowns. Although it did work quite nicely in random arenas during the earlier pvp weekend.

ContactCombat
02-04-2006, 18:28
I like Repeating Strike because it gives you a nice, hefty damage dealing combo without a three or four skill investment on your toolbar.

Want a R/A that specializes in the Bow, but has a melee ability just in case? Grab a Lead and RS.

Primary Caster that ends up getting targeted by Assassin and forced into melee range? Grab a lead and RS to at least try and give something back before you die.

Not a big fan of button mashing or having to slot out four buttons for an effective combo? Put Palm Strike and RS right next to each other.

Calis
03-04-2006, 10:22
I like Repeating Strike because it gives you a nice, hefty damage dealing combo without a three or four skill investment on your toolbar.

Want a R/A that specializes in the Bow, but has a melee ability just in case? Grab a Lead and RS.

Primary Caster that ends up getting targeted by Assassin and forced into melee range? Grab a lead and RS to at least try and give something back before you die.

Not a big fan of button mashing or having to slot out four buttons for an effective combo? Put Palm Strike and RS right next to each other.

In order to get Repeating strike you have to have atleast a lead and another offhand skill. Thats three skills.. thats not that efficient for what you suggest.

For me, I like having repeating strike, but the key is not to rely on it - because as someoen said they can shut you down. So make sure your overall combo is perfectly fine without Repeating strikes, and then juust consider it bonus damage worked into your combo.

ContactCombat
03-04-2006, 15:51
Hmm...I thought it worked as an "Offhand" that can follow itself...meaning "Lead -> RS x ad nauseum"

I didn't think to unlock it during the FPE, so your point definately invalidates my original use.

Of course, Palm Strike -> Repeating Strike still works...but you need to spend your elite on Palm Strike.

Bobross
03-04-2006, 16:09
Hmm...I thought it worked as an "Offhand" that can follow itself...meaning "Lead -> RS x ad nauseum"

I didn't think to unlock it during the FPE, so your point definately invalidates my original use.

Of course, Palm Strike -> Repeating Strike still works...but you need to spend your elite on Palm Strike.
nope it works like you described...I did unlock it, and I could keep using it repeatedly as long as I had energy...I doubt they would name it repeating strike, if you couldn't use it over and over....

GormWolfblade
03-04-2006, 20:46
I made this build awhile ago
Skills:
Shadowy Burden: Hex Spell. For 4-9 seconds, target foe moves 25% slower and while target foe has no other Hexes, that foe has 20 less armor against your attacks. 10/2/15

Black Lotus Strike: Off-Hand Attack. Must strike a Hexed foe. If it hits, Black lotus strike strikes for +1-25 and you gain +5-17 Energy. 10/0/30

Blinding Powder: Spell. Must follow an off-hand attack. Target foe becomes Blinded for 3-13 seconds. 5/1/20

Unseen Fury: Stance. For 10-30 seconds, you cannot be "blocked" or "evaded" by Blinded foes. 5/-/45

Signet of Shadows: Signet. Target foe takes 5-29 damage. If your target was Blinded, that foe suffers an additional 15-51 damage. 0/1/30

Way of the Empty Palm: Elite Enchantment Spell. For 5-17 seconds, off-hand and dual attacks cost no Energy. 5/1/30

Repeating Strike: Off-Hand Attack. Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +5-17 damage. If it misses, it takes an additional 15 seconds to recharge. 5/-/-

Shadow Refuge: Enchantment Spell. For 4 seconds, you take half damage. When Shadow Refuge ends, you are healed for 30-102. 5/1/8

some of these skills have been updated so they may not be completely accurate.

-only off-hand attacks, so repeating strike fits in anywhere.
-since its only offhand blinding powder fits in anywhere
-unusual combo (no lead) harder to shutdown
-hex snare (short but enough to catch up to them)
-energy, healing
-avoid block/evade issue
-strong signet damage

possibly you could switch signet of shadows with signet of malice (incase you get blinded) or res sig (<which is important of course). Not saying the build is awesome or anything (never even tried it) but it seems like a good idea.

Calis
03-04-2006, 21:30
Yes Repeating strikes is an off-hand that follows an off-hand.. but you cant even use it the first time to start the repetition, unless you have another off hand before it. Repeating strikes can't start up it's own combo, you still need atleast a lead > off hand > repeat or a Spell/skill > Offhand > Repeat.

Malhavoc Adhamar
03-04-2006, 22:29
Put in a long lasting enchantment with a quick recharge (Sharpen Daggers) and use Golden Phoenix Strike. It's an off hand and while it does require you to be enchanted it's easier to keep yourself enchanted than someone hexed.

Masoj Hunett
03-04-2006, 22:51
wouldn't you think though getting a dual attack or 2 would be much more efficient at killing people than RS?

Woop Shotty
07-05-2006, 18:45
Repeating strike is awesome, but seems some people thing you can deal as much damage as the speed of your finger spamming the skill. It won't attack at the speed your finger, it will attack at the speed of daggers.

Sines
07-05-2006, 20:34
One thing is... Golden Phoenix Strike (No lead attack, requires enchants), Repeating, Way of Fox, Empty Palm. Fox prevents blocks and dodges, but its shadow, and with empty palm being deadly, you'd spread a bit thin. Expose defenses is a hex that prevents blocks and dodges, and is deadly. Not bad.

GPS, Repeat, Expose, Empty, four skills for a good long string of spinning attacks. You'll probably want to make sure you have an auxillary source of enchants though. Either Shadow Refuge, or your monk.