PDA

View Full Version : Twisted fangs ftw?

jamesmackswell
02-04-2006, 00:39
This skill is amazing. +18 damage, bleeding AND deep wound for 17 seconds. Also, it's a dual attack, so it costs 0 energy with Way of the Empty Palm, and can trigger skills such as Mark of Instability (For 20 seconds, the next time you hit target foe with a dual attack skill, that foe is knocked down.) Aftershock while the enemy is on the ground, cast Iron Palm for more damage and another KD...

arredondo
02-04-2006, 09:46
Nice combo idea. That's looks to have potential if you can set it up properly. Maybe it'll fit in the build I'm messing around with (if I make adjustments):

Mark of Instability-->Siphon Speed-->Palm Strike-->Repeating Strike x100-->Twisted Fangs-->After Shock

Hmmmm. Four attributes. It'll be a tough one. Instead, maybe this:

Mark of Instability-->Black Mantis Thrust-->Jungle Strike-->Repeating Strike x100-->Twisted Fangs-->After Shock-->Moebius Strike

...that looks solid! I need energy, and have no defense so I'll keep working on it.

Longasc
02-04-2006, 12:25
Can repeating strike be spammed that much, arredondo?

I wonder if it is possible to follow repeating strike with repeating strike with repeating strike with repeating strike...

The skill suggestion says must follow an offhand attack and counts as an offhand attack. So I wonder if this really works this way???

Tanamoril
02-04-2006, 13:59
Yes it does, but you can't spam it 100 times ofcourse. But yeah, you can keep repeating it. Hence the name.

The Experimentor
02-04-2006, 14:39
There is a way for Repeating Strike to be spammed an incredible number of times.

It's simple: a Ranger primary with 12+ in Expertise. Throw in Zealous weapons, and you may be able to extend it even further.

You can easily throw in Escape and other defensive Ranger stances to cover the R/A's back, while your chain takes care of your target.

Longasc
02-04-2006, 16:03
Lets see how this will turn out ingame, I just thought about the same.

With 13 Expertise you only need 2 energy, get zealous daggers, and hope for a critical hit occasionally and you run an infinite-repeater-build. :>

The only way to stop you is to block or interrupt you.

Rhayve
02-04-2006, 17:05
Note: The 2 Energy gain when critting only applies to Primary assassins with points in Critical Strikes, R/A's won't get the benefit of Energy gain through Crits

MaximumSquid
02-04-2006, 19:39
I've seen assassin builds that run 3 consecutive knockdowns, but only use 2 knockdown skills. . .now that is nasty!

I don't have it available for quick post, but the theorycraft behind it was you use Mobius Strike as your elite and get off Horns of the Ox a second time.

The guy that was running soloed 3 people at the end of an Ra Fight. . .

I feel every assassin should have a knockdown skill if they want to be effective.

Nice setup btw

GammaRay
02-04-2006, 20:39
Played a Repeating Strike build during the first FPE...'twas nasty, until someone tossed up a defensive skill that gave them blocks or evades. At that point, you'd better move on to your Dual Attack.

tarutaru
02-04-2006, 20:48
Lets see how this will turn out ingame, I just thought about the same.

With 13 Expertise you only need 2 energy, get zealous daggers, and hope for a critical hit occasionally and you run an infinite-repeater-build. :>

The only way to stop you is to block or interrupt you.

You don't need a crit hit to obtain infinite repeating strikes. Oh, how we forget about natural energy regeneration? The assassin gets 3 pips of energy regen, meaning 1 energy per second. You can only spam 1 repeating strike every second. Thus, -2 energy repeating strike + 1 energy from zealous + 1 energy from regen = Infinite repeating strikes on a R/A. It works beautifully, trust me :)

Back to the op, imo Twisting Fangs works the best in an A/Me or Me/A frag build. Actually, what I've found best, if you can work it into a build, is to have one R/A with high expertise and all the assassin conditioning attacks, and a support player Mesmer to pre-cast MoP'ed Fevered Dreams and Fragility on the target. Watch how fast these two classes can take down the other team. Gvg potential? Hmmm....

MaximumSquid
03-04-2006, 00:52
Why even run repeating strike when you can cast conjur (element) and get almost the exact same bonus to damage per swing?

arredondo
03-04-2006, 01:07
Hmmmmm... intriguing idea you have there. Still, the inclusion of RS means you are diversifying less with your Att. Points., which is a good thing in most cases.

Longasc
03-04-2006, 01:28
You get some 17 (12) to 21 (16) damage with high Dagger Mastery.

You would only get around 9-11 extra damage that does not add but gets reduced by armor if you have 9-10 Fire/Air/Water magic.

As arredondo said, you would have to spread and you would also lose your zealous daggers: You would need the proper elemental upgrade on your daggers. (Or did they change this?)