PDA

View Full Version : My first thought when I heard about Ritualist!

Deadly Hawkeye
03-04-2006, 20:20
When I first heard that Ritualist will be one of the new classes in GW:F. The really first thought came into my head was some guy summoning mobile spirits around him like minions following his master, this really appealed to me. However, after the 2 beta events, I found out all his spirits can't move, I was a bit disappointed, but I still love Ritualist a lot (it is a bit like mesmer, if you know how to use it properly, it is extremely powerful), I see a great potential in Ritualist. One thing I don't really like about the spirits, is all his spirits have a certain time span, after the time span they will die no matter what, I actually prefer they only die when their life drop to 0 like minions (I realise most spirits won't actually survive that long due to losing health really quickly). I think they should add more skills to keep these spirits alive. I want a proper summon class! Hopefully might be able to see it in Chapter 3. Please don't get me wrong, I love Ritualist!

Artemis Shadowhawk
03-04-2006, 20:30
I don't believe the ritualist is intended to be played as a summoner class. Instead it is a spirit class, which as you have stated is a very big difference. I admit that a summoner class would be very fun and interesting, but the Ritualist isn't a summoner.

It'd be like asking them to change the Assassin into someone who can move around completely invisible and kill anything in one well placed hit just because I'd rather have assassins that way.

Like you said, you want a proper summon class, and the Ritualist isn't a summon class. So I guess you'll have to wait until Chapter 3.

Erasculio
03-04-2006, 20:42
You know, you sound like you would really like to play a Necromancer as a MM. So maybe you could go Necromancer/Ritualist? A Minion Master with Spirit support would be very powerful.

Erasculio

Spoil of War
03-04-2006, 20:51
I think Ritualist and Necro are gonna mesh together very well. Whichever way you put em round.

Deadly Hawkeye
03-04-2006, 23:08
I don't believe the ritualist is intended to be played as a summoner class. Instead it is a spirit class, which as you have stated is a very big difference. I admit that a summoner class would be very fun and interesting, but the Ritualist isn't a summoner.
His main attritube is spawning which is to do with summoning, so...

You know, you sound like you would really like to play a Necromancer as a MM
Yea, but a spirit version of MM is cool!

Archangel Raguil
04-04-2006, 00:47
On the other hand, you might want to be a Ritualist Necromancer. That way your minions should benefit from spawning power, and you would have the mobility you want. You could even use spirits to lay down a "base" of offensive spirits, and then use minions to deal damage when the monsters start moving around.

I do agree, though, that there should be better ways to keep your spirits alive. I would love it if there was a spell that did a small amount of heal to all spirits in the area (like Heal Party, but Heal Spirits, instead), or other means to heal your spirits. So far only one skill I know of heals spirits, and it's not in an attribute I use (Spawning Power and Restoration Magic).

I do think I agree with Artemis, though... Ritualists were not meant as summoners in the traditional sense. It's more like they built summoning around the Nature Rituals that already existed with the Ranger. They can affect a large area with effects, but now they can also attack and heal, and just have more options in general. Spawning Power only adds to the effectiveness of keeping spirits alive (by increasing their health). So rather than think of spirits as minions who can't move, think of them as rituals that can fight and heal.

Deadly Hawkeye
04-04-2006, 23:44
When I think of spirits (in "real" life) it links me to white/colourless objects that can move around. Are there actually binding spirits in "real" life?