PDA

View Full Version : More of a Flaw, Than A bug. But needs addressing.

hungryarmadilo
04-04-2006, 02:22
:shocked:
Ok. Sorry for my first post to be a problem or complaint or issue. How ever you may see it.

Have you been past the siverpeaks? If yes. Have you ever noticed that there are no MONKS? Its not that there arent a lot of ppl playing monks.Thats what I always thought.I have been trying to get a party for the titans quests for more than a month.I have tried like 5 in the am, 5 in the pm, the middle of the day, weekdays weekends, ect ect. If you are lucky enough to get a party up, then no monks!!!
Once you reach the Ring of Fire area. Same problem no monks.I see partys offering to pay monks 2k al the time.There can be a full huse, and like 3 monks. Its really bad.
The other night I just happened to be standing in droks by the henchie exit.There was a steady stream of blue dots on the radar, leaving the merchant quarter, and headed out the henchie portal. I mean it was a solid line. lol. I happened to notice. about 99% of them were monks. I assume that monks are solo farming something out there. like chests or rare materials at the crafter or something. But, it suddenly dawned on me. This is where all the monks are. It was like and X- Files episode. lol. Or Lemmings. I counted over 100 monks leaveing droks through that henchie portal in like 5-6 mins. A few other professions, but mainly monks, all solo.It was crazy.. In the ring of fire we had to pay monks or wait for hours to get one. lol, and here they all are. farming at droks. I dont wanna make anybody mad. but something needs to be done to balance out the rest of the game. Either fix whats going on or just get rid of the post game quests. lol. There is no point standing around for hours waiting on monks.
I dunno. I hope one of the devs may read this. If you dont beleive me go at different times peak and off peak, and just stand infront of the henchie portal faceing the merchans quarter. start counting. It comes and goes and ebbs and flows, but at times it will blow your mind..
Thansk for letting me post

scamPOR
04-04-2006, 09:09
The lack of monks is a PLAYER issue. Not a design flaw. As players do not make monks as often (so it seems) and as they are needed alot more then say a mesmer or ranger (or even ele / necro) you have both an increased demand and a lack of available ones. I suggest you make a monk yourself if you haven't already or stop complaining about it.

Since doing the later quests more then once is often a complete waste of time, people make a monk play the game once and then move on to farm on that monk or do high level areas (SF, FOW, UW, etc) and not the missions.

Gorani
04-04-2006, 11:51
People still use Monks to farm, because it is the most convenient way. A player who is farming with his Monk will not be available for doing Missions. Its as simple as that.

Bel Ebih
05-04-2006, 01:53
But, it suddenly dawned on me. This is where all the monks are. It was like and X- Files episode. lol. Or Lemmings.

You just made my day with this quote. :laughing:

Yeah, that's where they are. Unfortunately, most of those Monks are bots, so they wouldn't join you to do a quest or mission anyway.

Gem
06-04-2006, 12:12
If these monks wouldn't be farming they wouldn't be playing either. These monks are created just for farming purposes, not playing, so if the farming with mionks wasn't possible there wouldn't be these farming monks. Simple as that. Use henchmen, they rock!

scamPOR
07-04-2006, 00:50
If these monks wouldn't be farming they wouldn't be playing either. These monks are created just for farming purposes, not playing, so if the farming with mionks wasn't possible there wouldn't be these farming monks. Simple as that. Use henchmen, they rock!

Exactly. A lot of people made 55 monks to farm. If this class is no longer able to farm effiecently, guess what, they will change to their warrior or make a warrior. If its necros then people will make necros. It's really as simple as that, people farming on their monks are not going to magically do missions if they can no longer farm. They will just not play on their monk.

alchemistsan
07-04-2006, 01:52
if there is no monk and u have the party, why don't u take Alesia/Mhenlo even though they are inept, when u r careful everything is possible