Dash - Stance
For 3 seconds, you move 50% faster.

5 0 15

Sprint - Stance
For 8-13 seconds, you move 25% faster.

5 0 20

With 0 in Strength, Sprint: 8x.25=2, 60/20=3, 2x3=6
Dash: 3x.5=1.5, 60/15=4, 1.5x4=6

Personally, I don't see much use for Dash; would probably even take level 0 sprint over it. Would it be wrong to give Dash an attribute?

MercenaryKnight
06-04-2006, 04:39
I don't really see the point of dash either. It's like a skill to run away from a war that has absolutely no running skills.

MaximumSquid
06-04-2006, 05:12
Dash is obviously going to be better. Your paring a "no attribute" skill against another skill with 0 power.

But honestly?

Why would this problem ever come up?

Just use dark escape or snare skill.

Crippling dagger with even 2 points into deadly arts is already superior to both skills if you need to use them offensively.

/all i got

Viti Ligo
06-04-2006, 09:19
I don't really see the point of dash either. It's like a skill to run away from a war that has absolutely no running skills.

I would not use dash to run away from a war to into it :wink: Assassin has other means to get out of there... Instead of using your eliteslot for Aura of Displacement you can use Dash + return / recall combination... to get back.

Viri
06-04-2006, 11:08
With 10 sec recharge i would pick dash. Its actually good for catching up running characters and slowing them down with leaping mantis sting.

Savsuds
06-04-2006, 12:23
I agree dash since the most someone else can normally be expected to run away from you, while you are killing them is going to be 25% compared to your 50%.

Syes
06-04-2006, 19:20
Anybody who has ever chased a kiting opponent will know the value of Dash. When you can land attacks such as Black Mantis Thrust, or Leaping Mantis Sting (or whatever it's currently called), to get a cripple with your lead, it becomes even more valuable.

MaximumSquid
06-04-2006, 19:46
With 10 sec recharge i would pick dash. I believe that dash is a 15 second recharge.

Although 10 would be nice :happy:

Tristan Chapin
06-04-2006, 20:40
Dash... what a great cross-class skill. I ran it on my monk in GvG. Pwned adrenal spikes, forced the enemies pressuring me to overextend, and saved the lives of countless teammates who overextended. I'm a fan.

CKaz
06-04-2006, 21:13
yeah it does its job quicker, think about it -
break aggro quicker pve or if pressured pvp just blow away your pursuer and get back to work

obviously you might get snared/tied up but same for sprint
looking forward to giving it a real trial run, anyways... :)

Kjentei
07-04-2006, 02:33
I see Dash working well for a R/A Flag runner in the long run. Don't dump it now, it's 3 seconds of max speed and can be for used for E/A, Me/A, etc. It'll have a use.

GADefence
07-04-2006, 03:35
Umm, unless they changed it again, speed is caped at 125% anyway. Armour of Mist only boosts you speed 25% under normal circumstances at the moment. . .

Where dash is nice is maintaining normal speed while cripled, or still going 125% while slowed by other means (other then 60%/90% slow down slows).

Zaro Eros
07-04-2006, 03:47
speaking of all these speed changes, anyone know the cap on slowness?

Chemical Ali
01-07-2006, 15:50
I'm not saying dash is bad, I've even used it in some builds. But, if I were running an A/W i would run sprint. Now that factions has been out a while, in any GvGs I've observed, an A/W usually runs sprint. If they are not using tactics, DEscape may be used instead, but that's a different story.

LtDrebin
01-07-2006, 17:21
Having 0 points in strength (secondary W, for instance), you get 8 seconds of +25% speed with sprint, followed by 12 seconds of downtime before you can use it again. With dash, you get 3 seconds of +50% speed with 12 seconds of downtime before it recharges. Using dash at the right moment seems more valuable to me. If you have lots of points in strength, then the 11+ seconds of sprint might be more valuable.

For running in pve, dash is very nice as you can easily break aggro with it.

I just wish the max speed cap was boosted :)

Guildoholic
01-07-2006, 17:41
If only they decreased recharge time of Dash, or maybe increase it to 5 seconds. I use it primarily for running to low end areas for quests or helping out friends.

Patccmoi
01-07-2006, 18:46
There's something important to understand about Dash. The name says it. It's a DASH. It's NOT a running skill.

Sprint, in the long run, will get you from a remote point A to point B much faster (Armor of Mist, Windborne Speed, etc. even faster)

Dash is meant as an anti-kite for your combos. You want to combo someone and don't want him running away? Dash will prevent ANY kiting during your combo, because nothing else in the game can reach this move speed. Even if you're Crippled someone can't kite you for 3 seconds unless they have a speed buff. So you can land every hit of your combo in short sequence without doing hit-run a bit-hit-run a bit-hit which makes it very easy for a monk to heal it.

It also has other uses like a combo breaker (or adrenal chain breaker) where you can get out of range of any melee attack really quickly. You see a sin AoD on you? Dash away, maybe his GPS will hit but you'll be too far for him to do his Horn after and you're safe.

The idea of using it on a monk to screw up adrenal spike (though Shock should screw you up most of the time in this case) or throw an emergency heal on someone overextended is nice too. I didn't use it much on /A, usually i pick Dark Escape on them, but Dash is attribute-less and that can help.

So Dash is NOT a running skill. I don't see the point in comparing it to sprint. They are 2 different skills for 2 different purposes. If you're using Dash to run long distances, you misunderstood the point of the skill (ofc you can always use it on top of other things, but it was never meant to be an assassin's version of sprint, dodge, etc.)

Malchiel
02-07-2006, 03:14
Dash is the better, shorter recharging alternative to AoD. You get to whack your opponent a second later, but you still save 5 energy, and an elite slot.

Think of it as "mini teleport" and use it accordingly.

arredondo
02-07-2006, 03:56
Yeah, the Assassin has sooooo many Cripple skills that Dash is just a way to ensure you can land them. It's for offense exclusively IMHO, not for defense.

I XM
02-07-2006, 06:11
Umm, unless they changed it again, speed is caped at 125% anyway. Armour of Mist only boosts you speed 25% under normal circumstances at the moment. . .

Where dash is nice is maintaining normal speed while cripled, or still going 125% while slowed by other means (other then 60%/90% slow down slows).
The positive speed boosts do not stack beyond 133% of normal run speed. Using Dark Escape(+25%) and Siphon Speed(+20%) makes you move at 133% not at 145% speed.

However, skills that give a direct boost greater than 33% allow you to move at those speed. Using Dash will make you move at 150% speed. Using Dash and Siphon Speed makes you move at 150% speed still. If you were crippled as well, you would be moving at 120% speed. Adding a speed enchantment in this case would cap you at 133% again.

Chemical Ali
31-10-2006, 01:18
Its a little late but dash is now 8 sec recharge; case closed.