PDA

View Full Version : Is Assassin Melee or Caster

milias
07-04-2006, 21:49
Note that I intentionally left out both or neither in the poll :P

Vote for the one that you feel best describes the Assassin's role.

Masoj Hunett
07-04-2006, 21:56
obviously a melee...just not a tank. Almost all of their spells either help keep them alive in combat, or just compliment other attacks. They are melee with aid from a few spells.

Viri
08-04-2006, 00:04
I think you missed 1 answer. "Both". It depends on your choice. Dagger/Crit specced assasin will be good melee character(considering dmg output), on the other hand Deadly arts/shadow will be good support caster. I think Deadly arts are more suited as secondary proffesion for casters tho.

GrimShade
08-04-2006, 00:11
I believe the Assassin was created to walk that line. Thus I contributed to the Beer fund. You seem to need a few. Or I need a few. let's just go hit the pub and we can talk about it there!

Lone Wolf
08-04-2006, 00:13
Primary Assassin = Melee

-Lone Wolf

JeanDeathwish
08-04-2006, 05:33
I voted melee because most of the hexes give the assassin benefits in melee. Although both is a more fitting conclusion, I can see why you omitted it.

The Experimentor
08-04-2006, 13:15
Melee hands down. Their one and only kind of item are melee weapons. Majority of their skills are for that weapon. And their non-dagger-based spells are more for support and as surprise tricks rather than as a main source of damage.

Until we get real Deadly/Shadow Arts heavy/effective builds that actually skip over daggers, the Assassin will firmly and overwhelmingly remain a melee character.

Nanashi
08-04-2006, 13:27
0 for caster... haha. Yeah, honestly. The assassin was made for some sort of melee damage because some of their skills do take up the offhand/dual attacks.

scorche
09-04-2006, 02:49
assassins are melee with spells to support their melee dmg

Nanashi
09-04-2006, 04:57
assassins are melee with spells to support their melee dmg

Exactly.

While you could be a caster, you would have to rely more so on your secondary; makeing it pointless to have an assassin as your primary. (unless if you just like the looks of it. "To each his own.") If you truely want the benefit of a caster with assassin skills though my tip would be to stick to the caster class primaries and then have an assassin as your secondary.

Gangrel
09-04-2006, 20:15
The fact that assasins use daggers might give you a little hint...