PDA

View Full Version : Ritual Lord: The Future of Ritualist PvE

Zingeri
08-04-2006, 23:36
As I have been spamming the forums for the past few weeks preaching this build, but Ritual Lord will be the future of PvE, whether you like it or not.

Ritual Lord, with 16 Spawning Power, allows a recharge reduction of 81%. This will make the recharge of a 60 second ritual to 12 seconds, and the recharge of a 45 second ritual to 9 seconds.

Therefore, RItualists can spam Spirits. Which spirits do you spam? The ones that die easily, of course...

The Build:

16 Spawning Power (12+1+3)
15 Communing (12+3)
4 Restoration (3+1)

Boon of Creation: For 15-51 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 5-41 Health and 3-7 Energy.

Signet of Creation: All spirits and animated creatures in the area gain + 1-6 Health regeneration. After 30 seconds, those spirits and creatures are destroyed.

Displacement:: Create a level 1-8 spirit. Attacks made by foes within its range are "evaded." Every time an attack is evaded this way, this spirit takes 60-44 damage. This spirit dies after 30-54 seconds

Shelter: Create a level 1-8 spirit. Allies within its range cannot lose more than 10% maximum Health from a single attack. When this spirit prevents damage, it loses 60-36 Health. This spirit lasts 30-54 seconds.

Union: Create a level 1-7 spirit. Whenever an ally in its range takes damage, that damage is reduced by 15 and the spirit takes 15 damage. The spirit dies after 30-54 seconds.

Flesh of my Flesh: Lose half of your Health. Resurrect target ally with your current Health and 5-17% Energy.

XXX

XXX

Your last two skills won't matter; you won't have any room to use them, really. Just whip out a few Capture Signets.

The general strategy:

1) Stay away AS FAR AS YOU CAN from the enemy mobs (i.e. out of the Aggro circle)

2) Cast Boon of Creation (it'll help energy management, since you ARE spamming 10-15 Energy spirits)

3) Cast Ritual Lord (Duh?)

4) Cast Displacement (It'll migitate early damage. However, it'll die in 3 seconds against heavy melee groups.

5) Cast Shelter, then Union (Order is important! This will reduce damage taken FOR EACH person to about 35. That's huge. Very huge)

6) Cast Signet of Creation on your new spirits. 12-14 Healing per second will give them a bit of longevity.

7) When Displacement dies, recast it ASAP. (Don't recast Shelter/Union until they both die)

8) Refresh Boon of Creation/Ritual Lord when needed.

That's all there is to it. Since damage is now EXTREMELY reduced by Ritualists, PvE will become significantly easier...

Erasculio
08-04-2006, 23:51
As I have been spamming the forums for the past few weeks preaching this build, but Ritual Lord will be the future of PvE, whether you like it or not.
I think that's kind of too extreme of a saying. Ritual Lord is a good skill, of course, but keep in mind that it's one option - many people played a Ritualist in the Beta Weekend, without using Ritual Lord. I did it, and I didn't have any trouble with recharge (especially considering the size of those battles :shocked: ).

Your build is a very good one for Protection. I don't think that's the only role the Ritualists will have, or that it will be the only way to do more or less the game thing, but it is a good way.

Erasculio

Zingeri
08-04-2006, 23:59
I think that's kind of too extreme of a saying. Ritual Lord is a good skill, of course, but keep in mind that it's one option - many people played a Ritualist in the Beta Weekend, without using Ritual Lord. I did it, and I didn't have any trouble with recharge (especially considering the size of those battles :shocked: ).Keyword: Beta. Factions PvE will be more difficult. And thus class selection will be more demanding.

Deadly Hawkeye
09-04-2006, 00:00
First of all, this build is really nice, it is the same as what I planned to do as protection Ritualist. However, I don't think I will like it if I have play the same role in every single mission, as Rt suppose to be very flexible. So if I am not spamming protection spirits, I don't think I will use Ritual Lord as my elite. I still think Ritual Lord is the best Rt elite skill!

Erasculio
09-04-2006, 00:07
Keyword: Beta. Factions PvE will be more difficult. And thus class selection will be more demanding.
Will it? I'm not sure of that - I hope the PvE will become better, not necessarily more difficult. Plus, keep in mind we were at high level areas, where we couldn't out level the monsters. I think the beginning of the game, like the beginning of Prophecies, is going to be easier, at least to those who bother to do all Quests.

Regardless of difficulty, though, it could happen that Ritual Lord would become to the Ritualist what Echo and/or Glyph of Renewal is to an Elementalist - if you have it you're in, if you don't you're out. I hope that doesn't happen, not because the skill is bad, but just to avoid having Ritualists falling into what would become cookie cuter builds.

Erasculio

VILenin
09-04-2006, 00:58
I keep thinking that Fast Cast Rituals would own, but I haven't quite figured how yet. Ritual Lord is Spawning Power?

Artemis Shadowhawk
09-04-2006, 01:13

The Build:

16 Spawning Power (12+1+3)
15 Communing (12+3)
4 Restoration (3+1)

Boon of Creation: For 15-51 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 5-41 Health and 3-7 Energy.

Signet of Creation: All spirits and animated creatures in the area gain + 1-6 Health regeneration. After 30 seconds, those spirits and creatures are destroyed.

Displacement:: Create a level 1-8 spirit. Attacks made by foes within its range are "evaded." Every time an attack is evaded this way, this spirit takes 60-44 damage. This spirit dies after 30-54 seconds

Shelter: Create a level 1-8 spirit. Allies within its range cannot lose more than 10% maximum Health from a single attack. When this spirit prevents damage, it loses 60-36 Health. This spirit lasts 30-54 seconds.

Union: Create a level 1-7 spirit. Whenever an ally in its range takes damage, that damage is reduced by 15 and the spirit takes 15 damage. The spirit dies after 30-54 seconds.

Flesh of my Flesh: Lose half of your Health. Resurrect target ally with your current Health and 5-17% Energy.

XXX

XXX

Your last two skills won't matter; you won't have any room to use them, really. Just whip out a few Capture Signets.

The general strategy:

3) Cast Ritual Lord (Duh?)How am I suppose to cast Ritual Lord when it's not even in the build? Other than that little fact. I'd reccomend using displacement after shelter and union. That way it takes some pressure off of them and keeps shelter and union alive a little longer. Other than that, it looks like a pretty good defensive build.

JeanDeathwish
09-04-2006, 01:48
And I dont know why Signet of Creation is in the build at all. If the point is to keep creating spirits that die very fast what is +6 regen going to do? Im guessing you ment Ritual Lord to be in place of Signet of Creation.

And please stop preaching. Your making it seem as if Ritual Lord Ritualist is the only Ritualist you can play...

Zingeri
09-04-2006, 01:58
How am I suppose to cast Ritual Lord when it's not even in the build? Other than that little fact. I'd reccomend using displacement after shelter and union. That way it takes some pressure off of them and keeps shelter and union alive a little longer. Other than that, it looks like a pretty good defensive build.:undecided:
Yikes. Saying that's an oversight is a huge understatement.

JeanDeathwish may be right about Signet of Creation. However, RL Ritualists will be the only option. Do we see anything other than SS Necros? I know I'd love to play full Blood Magic...

Erasculio
09-04-2006, 02:07
Do we see anything other than SS Necros? I know I'd love to play full Blood Magic...
Minion Masters? Well using Necromancers are also popular in some places, especially the Ring of Fire missions. Try the Blood Magic Necromancer, those are good especially when you're in a place that uses real parties (as in, doing a Mission with 8 people, instead of, for example, farming in the 5 men groups).

Erasculio

JeanDeathwish
09-04-2006, 04:57
There will be many options for Ritualists, not just RL. For example, use of the Restoration line for heals with weapons and some good spirits are a great addition to any team. Also, a Channeling Ritualist can dish out some great damage or aid the physical damage dealers with their damage. There will be many roles one can fill as a Ritualist, just like there are for Necros... which you have failed to see...

RL Ritualists are great for protecting the team but to say that they are the future of Ritualists is a bit of an overstatement.

Kjentei
09-04-2006, 07:58
Here's the Ritualist build I'm planning:

Spawning Power - 16 (12+1+3)
Restoration Magic - 4 (3+1)
Communing - 15 (12+3)

Skill Name | Skill Variable(s)
Ritual Lord* - recharge is 83% faster.
Pain - level 10 spirit, attacks deal 20 dmg, dies after 150 seconds.
Shelter - level 10 spirit, prevention causes loss of 30 health, dies after 60 seconds.
Union - level 9 spirit, dies after 60 seconds.
Displacement - level 10 spirit, prevention causes loss of 50 health, dies after 60 seconds.
Vengeful Weapon - stolen health is 32.
Boon of Creation - lasts 63 seconds, health gain is 53, energy gain is 8.
Flesh of my Flesh - energy is 9%.

Spoil of War
09-04-2006, 10:28
Do we see anything other than SS Necros? I know I'd love to play full Blood Magic...
Minion Masters, Orders, Battery... there's several different "cookie cutter" builds that are more than acceptable for Necro to play before you even get into ones you can make yourself. I imagine Ritualist will be the same. There's no denying Ritual Lord is an awesome skill, but saying it's the "only" option is a bit extreme.

VILenin
09-04-2006, 15:13
Don't forget Blood Spike. There's a full Blood build for you, and you can do it in PvE to counter crazy boss armor.

TBMarauder
09-04-2006, 16:52
Going back to the OP's build idea, it does work quite nicely. I added Brutal and Vital to it, to provide some extra 'wanding' damage, as well as providing a self-buff.

Artemis Shadowhawk
09-04-2006, 17:04
Here's the Ritualist build I'm planning:

Spawning Power - 16 (12+1+3)
Restoration Magic - 4 (3+1)
Communing - 15 (12+3)

Skill Name | Skill Variable(s)
Ritual Lord* - recharge is 83% faster.
Pain - level 10 spirit, attacks deal 20 dmg, dies after 150 seconds.
Shelter - level 10 spirit, prevention causes loss of 30 health, dies after 60 seconds.
Union - level 9 spirit, dies after 60 seconds.
Displacement - level 10 spirit, prevention causes loss of 50 health, dies after 60 seconds.
Vengeful Weapon - stolen health is 32.
Boon of Creation - lasts 63 seconds, health gain is 53, energy gain is 8.
Flesh of my Flesh - energy is 9%.I really wouldn't reccomend Vengeful Weapon saying you only have 4 in that attribute. Instead you may want to stick with Signet of Creation as that will provide more healing then Vengeful Weapon.

Spoil of War
09-04-2006, 17:35
SoC is a good break for an energy-intensive build too.

Longasc
09-04-2006, 17:55
I think Zingeri is right, but on the other hand wrong.

Ritual Lord will probably be THE Elite skill for spirit heavy builds. But do not forget about SOUL TWISTING, with fewer spirits this becomes an alternative.

But what about the ASHES OF SONGKAI?
Hold Songkai's ashes for up to 45 seconds. While you hold her ashes, your spells cost 53% less Energy to cast.

If you are not focused in Spirits only, they are a very good and useful Elite, too. (I just assume and hope that the problem of Urn/Ash/Gear aggro will be fixed soon!!!)

How about WANDERLUST?
This spirit was SOOO annoying in the Kryta Quests, but well, it would require Ritual Lord somehow to be really great. :)

TRANQUIL WAS TANASEN
Hold Tanasen's ashes for up to 21 seconds. While you hold his ashes, you have +26 armor and cannot be interrupted.

Seems to have some use, too. Maybe not for PvE, but there is also PvE.

But Zingeri is right, in general you will want Ritual Lord for PvE. But one should not assume that all Ritualists are pre-determined to spam Shelter and Union.

With 157% of the Canthan Population probably being Assassins and Ritualists, they might have to arrange their skillbars and probably even forget about Ritual Lord, as their fellow ritualist party members will want to cast their spirit regardless of 2 others having announced "I am casting Union" two seconds ago, too... :laugh:

Maybe they can work together and then 60 seconds recharge divided up on two or three people does not really require Ritual Lord.

Viti Ligo
11-04-2006, 06:11
I am not thinking ritualist as a protective / healer character only, it seems that ritualist can be quite a good damge dealer also... I have been thinking of combination of Destruction + Rupture Soul which should do some 200+ dmg to adjacent foes... and you can cast ancestor's rage to destruction while it's is still alive to deal 82 dmg to adjacent foes... so can can do a nearly 300 dmg spike to multiple foes in very short period of time... that's not bad I think ?

Archangel Raguil
11-04-2006, 07:31
Keyword: Beta.

Exactly. Personally, because of it's super-recharging ability, I wouldn't be surprised if it was nerfed, or at least changed to how the ability sounds - almost cutting the recharge time in half, not cutting it 83%.

Another fun thing. In your build, it's your only enchantment, making it very susceptible to Strip Enchantment, along with the dozen new enchantment removals they have coming out when Factions releases...

Longasc
11-04-2006, 11:29
Yup.

Necro-Spell "Gaze of Contempt":
Spell. If target foe has more than 50% Health, that foe loses all Enchantments.

Makes Rend Enchantments 2nd choice, it even has faster recharge. I can see some GoC / RE dual enchantment killer Necros coming up for PvP.

But well, Ritual Lord or not, I will make three crosses in the Calendar when they have solved the ashes/urns/gears issue.

Edwinna Elbert
11-04-2006, 12:06
OK, it it just me or has someone got their maths completely wrong?

If rituals recharge 100% faster then they are recharging twice as fast. A 100% increase is twice whatever the original was, a 100% decrease is half.

"your Rituals recharge 15-63% faster"

If the skill read "recharge time is reduced by 83%" then the numbers ould make sense, but that's not what it says. Look at Quickening Zephyr, skill description is "recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%". That's different.

Using the 83% figure, skill recharge for a 60 second spirit should be around 35 seconds, NOT 12 seconds.

Artemis Shadowhawk
11-04-2006, 14:57
Another fun thing. In your build, it's your only enchantment, making it very susceptible to Strip Enchantment, along with the dozen new enchantment removals they have coming out when Factions releases...Ritual Lord is a skill, not en enchantment.

If rituals recharge 100% faster then they are recharging twice as fast. A 100% increase is twice whatever the original was, a 100% decrease is half.

If the skill read "recharge time is reduced by 83%" then the numbers ould make sense, but that's not what it says. Look at Quickening Zephyr, skill description is "recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%". That's different.

Using the 83% figure, skill recharge for a 60 second spirit should be around 35 seconds, NOT 12 seconds.Yeah definately already covered this. Ritual Lord does in fact reduce the recharge time by that %. Also Quickening Zephyr says they recharge twice as fast not reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness and Ritual Lord have incredibly similar wording and Serpent's also reduces the recharge time by 33%, not increases recharge rate.

Rayne Frostbite
11-04-2006, 16:58
You know, the crazy math we learn over here says that 100% is something, 50% is half of something and by that logic 80% of 60 seconds would be 48 seconds (shorter recharge) which means total recharge IS 12 SECONDS...

Is it always required for someone to complicate stuff?

Phaeax
11-04-2006, 19:13

Using the 83% figure, skill recharge for a 60 second spirit should be around 35 seconds, NOT 12 seconds. Check out this thread (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=392663). As correct as your math is, the description leaves a little something to be desired.

Patccmoi
11-04-2006, 19:48
Check out this thread (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=392663). As correct as your math is, the description leaves a little something to be desired.

Ya, i always felt that they made a mistake in the description of % speed increase of things. I mean, most people think that frenzy or the like is 33% DPS increase while it's 50% in reality, the description just being very misleading as it's not the attack SPEED that increases by this %, it's more the cooldown on attack that reduces by this %.

As for the 'only' way for Rt to play... honestly to me that's just garbage. You don't even know what PvE areas will look like. FPE was a small fraction of it likely to change anyway.

If you don't know what mob types will be, how can you say everyone will want this type of Rt? Look for example at Tombs with the pet-barrage builds. Would you have think before Tombs that any1 would ASK for a ranger with a Pet and Barrage?

The build people want in their team are very highly influenced by areas and 'FotM'. For a while everyone will want this or that type of Rt in their team, then it will change because another will be deemed good.

While i don't think your build is bad at all, it's certainly not the only thing people will want from Rt. While Ritual Lord is nice for spirits that die from their effect (which you use), long lasting spirit that DON'T die from their effect can very well be used without RLord. Just bring Draw Spirit and move them along.

I'm sure too that more 'active' ritualists will be wanted. Using weapon spells, direct healing, direct damage, offensive/defensive spirits like Shadowsong, etc.

And as i said, as long as you didn't see PvE mobs and areas, there's just no way you can say beforehand what builds people will ask for. Your build is nice for long range protection, but it really doesn't seem to me like the be-all end-all of Rt PvE builds.

Archangel Raguil
12-04-2006, 06:10
Ritual Lord is a skill, not en enchantment.

Eeps, must of gotten it confused with Soul Twisting :embarassed:

Does anyone else find it weird that this skill affects someone for 30 seconds, while Soul Twisting is a more time limited enchantment? (after you cast another spirit, it's gone) It just seems kind of weird to me...

Trin Storm
12-04-2006, 18:00
While the OPs build sounds good on paper - it'll be interesting to see in practice. To me it actually doesn't sound that versitle. An interrupt and the whole chain falls a part. Not to mention you are talking a lot of skill firing time there.

Of course that is just my style of play. I find a few skills that agument each other - but rarely take a build where its all interconnected. Thats what I like about the Rit from the FPE - a versitle class. There won't be one build that works. I'm always told I play unconventional builds but they work with people often asking what I am doing.

Zain Inferno
12-04-2006, 20:19
Well my build is going to be this...

Attributes:

Communing: 12+1+3 16
Spawning Power: 9+3 12
Channeling: 9+1 10
Restoration: 3+1 4

Skills:

Pain
Bloodsong
Shadowsong
Dissonence
Painful Bond
Boon of Creation
Ritual Lord
Flesh of my Flesh

Weapon(s)

An Insiteful Spiritbinder of Fortitude(Max Fortitude)
or
An Insiteful Spiritbinder of Enchanting(Max Enchanting)

Notes:

The point of this build is to keep Dissonence and Shadowsong up at all times. Boon of Creation seems to be a good enough energy management skill considuring the fact that you will have a 12-15 second cool down between casting spirits. I will be using Pain and Bloodsong to do major damage when Painful Bond is up.

Another thing. I've recently found that the Insiteful Spiritbinder can be modded. Which means making it an Insiteful Spiritbinder of Fortitute/Enchanting is possible. You can only get the Insiteful Spiritbinder by putting a Faction's preorder key onto your account.

lavenbb
19-04-2006, 08:09
Eeps, must of gotten it confused with Soul Twisting :embarassed:

Does anyone else find it weird that this skill affects someone for 30 seconds, while Soul Twisting is a more time limited enchantment? (after you cast another spirit, it's gone) It just seems kind of weird to me...

Soul twisting is also not an enchantment, I haven't done extensive tests with this skill, but once u kill a spirit you get a dark green icon at your ailments bar, which means that its a... status.. that can't be disenchanted, and I did leave it there for quite awhile and it only wore off the next time I cast a spirit. I'd think it lasts forever until triggered at this point, but not 100% sure.

I think ritual lord will work in much the same way, except its a skill with no cast time, so unless that changes, ritual lord the skill has no counter (cept energy denial)