PDA

View Full Version : The Victorious Assassin

stonebreaker
09-04-2006, 00:37
Since Assassin's are so good at inflicting conditions on their foes, I thought I'd build off of that concept with a Warrior secondary and Victory Is Mine.

Every 15 secs you should get a nice boost to your health and energy. You should have at least 3 Conditions on your foe at all times (Crippled, Bleeding, Deep Wound). That's 147 health and 15 energy every 15 secs. Plus you always have Healing Signet as a back up heal.

Your opponent will be hard-pressed to get away from you because you can spam Siphon Speed, not to mention keep him perma-Crippled. For stance spammers, you have Wild Strike. And to interrupt those key abilities you have Disrupting Stab.

The one weakness of this build that I can see (though there are probably others I am missing) is the lack of ability to deal with Conditions on yourself. But hopefully you have plenty of healing to offset some of that.

I would envision using either a set of Vampiric or Zealous Daggers depending on the situation.

Please provde any feedback and comments you may have.

Critical Strikes: 7 (6+1)
Dagger Mastery: 16 (12+4)
Deadly Arts: 7 (6+1)
Tactics: 10

- "Victory Is Mine!" [Elite] (Tactics)
You gain 49 Health and 5 Energy for each Condition suffered by foes in the area.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:15

- Black Mantis Thrust (Dagger Mastery)
If this attack hits, you strike for +21 damage. If target foe is suffering from a Hex, that foe is Crippled for 17 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:12

- Jungle Strike (Dagger Mastery)
Must follow a lead attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +21 damage. If it hits a foe that was Crippled, it does +33 damage.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:12

- Twisting Fangs (Dagger Mastery)
Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Twisting Fangs strikes for +12 damage and struck foe suffers from Bleeding and Deep Wound for 21 seconds.
Energy:10 Cast:0 Recharge:12

- Wild Strike (Dagger Mastery)
Must follow a lead attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +21 damage and target foe loses all stances.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:4

- Disrupting Stab (Dagger Mastery)
If this attack hits, it interrupts target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, it is disabled for 12 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:15

- Siphon Speed (Deadly Arts)
For 10 seconds, target foe moves 15% slower and you move 15% faster.
Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:5

- Healing Signet (Tactics)
You gain 115 Health. You have -40 armor while using this skill.
Energy:0 Cast:2 Recharge:4

arredondo
09-04-2006, 01:24
Heh, I posted the same basic setup last week:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=392535

Even the the thread titles are similar, lol. You may find some of the comments there helpful... to bad we have to wait to try any of this.

stonebreaker
09-04-2006, 03:09
Doh! Guess I should have scrolled through another page or two before posting. Ooops...

Phoenixtech
09-04-2006, 03:12
I've already ran this during the first day of the FPE since zealous daggers were locked at the time and i needed the extra energy and it works decently. Although it was later replaced with a Temple strike build.