PDA

View Full Version : Can the assassin[primary] generate almost unlimited energy?

Zaishen Adherent
09-04-2006, 09:19
I don't often post but I am genuinlly worried about this.
Let us imagine an assassin with the following attributes
- Critical Strikes- 12+1+3 [16]
- Dagger Mastery- 12+1+3 [16]
Wielding a weapon that only requires say, 1, in dagger mastery will give you a critical hit pretty much every hit or second.
Since with such high critical strikes the assassin gains 3 energy each critical hit adding that to the pre-set energy regen- you have a char that can spam skills like flare repeatedly. Lower a few attributes and put the points onto fire magic and you have a potent caster. This can be replicated with any spammable skill or collection of skills with low recharge times for almost unstoppable, constant damage.:angry: :grin:

Nanashi
09-04-2006, 09:56
I say just go with zealous mods. They're very versatile to the assassin class from what I gathered during the pvp weekend with my use of the zealous sais. Keep in mind that CS does not work with skills thus you get zero benefits from it if you go as an ele secondary. You need to do physical damage, magic is not physical... atleast not defined as such.

BLAHHH
09-04-2006, 11:52
Let us imagine an assassin with the following attributes
- Critical Strikes- 12+1+3 [16]
- Dagger Mastery- 12+1+3 [16]
But that's not possible in-game. Only one attribute can be 16, the others will then be able to get no higher than 15. Only exception to this is if you have something like a weapon upgrade for Dagger Mastery +1 ([X]% chance when using skills), but that's a bit of a sketchy set-up to rely on. you could of course drop the point in CS and use Critical Eye instead ot boost your chances, but that's then requiring a skill slot and energy use, somewhat defeating the point.

Wielding a weapon that only requires say, 1, in dagger mastery will give you a critical hit pretty much every hit or second.

As far as I'm aware, weapon requirement doesn't have anything to do with your chances of hitting a critical hit. It is how many points you actually put into the weapon's attribute line that effects this chance.