pcarribeanleinad
11-04-2006, 01:57
Would this work?
Similar to monk/warrior
i think if would be cool to see some "blind" swordsman
help me come up with build plz :)

Spoil of War
11-04-2006, 15:44
After looking at the male Rit and wondering why he was built like Vin Diesel but supposed to be a physically weak caster, I thought maybe Rt/W might be a fun idea to make a build for.

A build I have named Blind Fury ;p

Communing 11 (+3+1)
Tactics 12
Restoration 6 (+1)

1. Deadly Riposte: For 8 seconds while you have a sword equipped, you block the next melee attack against you, and your attacker takes 51 damage and begins bleeding for 16 seconds.

2. Gladiator's Defence {E}: For 9 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks. Whenever you block a melee attack this way, the attacker suffers 23 damage.

3. Flurry: For 5 seconds, your attack rate is increased by 33% but you deal 25% less damage.

4. Healing Signet: You gain 108 health. You have -40 armor while using this skill.

5. Brutal Weapon: Give target ally a Brutal Weapon for 16 seconds. The bearer's weapon strikes for +12 damage as long as the bearer is under no enchantments.

6. Dulled Weapon: For 16 seconds, target foe and nearby foes cannot achieve a critical hit.

7. Resilient Weapon: For 10 seconds, target ally has a Resilient Weapon. While suffering from a hex or condition, that ally gains +3 Health regeneration and +24 armor

8. Flesh of my Flesh: Lose half of your health. Resurrect target ally with your current health and 10% energy.

Optional changes:
4. or possibly 3. Wielder's Boon: Heal target ally for 31 points. If that ally is under the effects of a Weapon Spell, Wielders Boon heals for an additional 20 Health. (Would require a few more points shuffled into Restoration)

8. Res Signet

The idea being to use the Rt's weapon skills in tandem with the Warrior's tactics to work as a damage dealer. WHile keeping Glad's defence up as much as possible.

I have to admit, I've never even played a Warrior so I don't know the skills that well so I don't know if this build would be very effective. Comments and feedback welcome.

Artemis Shadowhawk
11-04-2006, 16:12
Won't you only be dealing 12 damage and that's honestly the maximum amount of damage? An IW Me/W would be a much better choice and very similar.

I'd probably usually go W/Rt. But in the case of a Rt/W, I can think of a couple builds you could start to play around with.

Earthbind, Hammer knockdowns

Sword, Flurry, Wailing Weapon

Again, both would probably be better as W/Rt.

Spoil of War
11-04-2006, 17:53
That was basically the problem when making any Rt/W build. I couldn't find a single one that wouldn't be better as Warrior primary.

DIEnamic
20-04-2006, 10:15
A "Blind Swordsman" is definitely a cool concept, however I don't plan on seeing too many. It almost reminds me of a Mo/W with a weapon used for attacking, it just won't happen.

A "Blind Marksman" though is a strong possibility. Rt/Ra spirit spammers and bow users could be pretty cool as far as PvE goes.

Nozzie
22-04-2006, 20:30
The blind swordsman is a great idea on paper, however I believe that the build with the most potential with these 2 classes is an ash carrying build that uses tactics I have been working on this concept and will post any results that I uncover once factions is released.

The Experimentor
24-04-2006, 10:19
The only real point of making a Rt/W is for Spawning Power, thus using spirits to enhance your melee combat effectiveness. Non-Warrior primaries lose high armor and damage absorption- vital because melee combat puts you right in the middle of the fight, right where you're going to get every kind of damage available. The only thing a Rt/W has that a W/Rt doesn't is the ability to make stronger spirits or use stronger Rt spells thanks to runes and extra Energy capacity.

To get a Rt/W to survive the rigors of close combat, much less actually work, you need to give them some solid defenses to make up for what they lose. R/W's work because they substitute evasion and blocking for armor and absorption. N/W's and M/W's can wing it because of their self-heals. IW Me/W's get by because they can do large amounts of damage to compensate for their fragility- but they're still easy to take down, and they usually do hit-and-run attacks and rely on tricks rather than really get stuck in.

Only after you settle the issue of defense can you even move on to offense, which is more important.

IMO, if you can get Binding Rituals to mesh well with melee combat, you should have an excellent, working blind swordsman.

I'd like to try the following when Factions arrives:

Attributes:
Communing 6 + 1 (minor rune)
Recuperation 10 + 1 (headgear) + 3 (major rune)
Spawning Power 6 + 1 (minor rune)
Swordsmanship 12

Skills:
1 - Final Thrust
2 - Galrath Slash
3 - Pain
4 - Shadowsong
5 - Recuperation
6 - Preservation
7 - Armor of Unfeeling
8 - Flesh of my Flesh

The Swordsmanship attack skills of the build are adrenaline-based which saves you Energy. Galrath and Final Thrust can deal large amounts of damage without being specific to living/unliving targets the way Sever Artery is.

It's primarily a spirit binder build with Warrior damage dealing. Summon your spirits then attack; Armor of Unfeeling makes you less of a sitting duck while you do your rituals. The build is primarily focused on defense. Start with skill 7, then work your way down to skill 1. Shadowsong both deals damage and blinds its targets, protecting your PUG even more.

It should also work well in PUGs and groups, letting you help both your Monk/healer and the damage-dealers on your team.

Lastly, Resurrection Signet is replaced by a higher-costing but reuseable resurrection skill, Flesh of my Flesh.

I just hope that works and that I've been able to help.

shadow the hero
24-04-2006, 15:48
Blind Guardian

Ritualist/Warrior
Level: 20

Restoration Magic: 7 (6+1)
Communing: 11 (10+1)
Swordsmanship: 11
Tactics: 8

- Vital Weapon (Communing)
For 30 seconds, target ally has a Vital Weapon and has +157 maximum health.
Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:20

- Quivering Blade [Elite] (Swordsmanship)
If Quivering Blade hits, you strike for +32 damage. If it is "blocked", Quivering Blade is disabled for 4 seconds, and you are Dazed for 5 seconds
Adrenaline:4

- Pure Strike (Swordsmanship)
If Pure Strike hits, you strike for +22 damage. If you are not using a Stance, Pure Strike cannot be "blocked" or "evaded."
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:8

- Blood Song (Communing)
Create a level 7 spirit who dies after 118 seconds. Attacks by that spirit steal up to 16 Health.
Energy:15 Cast:5 Recharge:60

- Pain (Communing)
Create a level 8 spirit. This spirit attacks deal 16 damage. This spirit dies after 118 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:3 Recharge:45

- "None Shall Pass!" (Tactics)
All nearby foes that are moving are knocked down.
Energy:10 Cast:0 Recharge:45

- Healing Signet (Tactics)
You gain 100 Health. You have -40 armor while using this skill.
Energy:0 Cast:2 Recharge:4

- Flesh of my Flesh (Restoration Magic)
Lose half of your Health. Resurrect target ally with your current Health and 12% Energy.
Energy:5 Cast:5 Recharge:0

Nozzie
24-04-2006, 22:11
Shadow I like where you are going with this build it looks decent.

shadow the hero
24-04-2006, 22:51
Shadow I like where you are going with this build it looks decent. is that good or bad? O.o?

Shallowrain
24-04-2006, 23:29
Shadow, I think your build looks nice overall, but would take a bit of practice to get down the timing on when to summon spirits and all that. Also, if you're putting nothing into spawning power, you might want to look at shifting over into a warrior with glad's armor and a staff, since the only thing you're gaining as a ritualist is an increased energy pool and spawning power. The low AL that you have, combined with healing signet's -40, could be suicidal. I'd suggest the spirits that reduce damage might be better then Pain or Blood song (your discretion) to survive doing that.

The vital weapon is definately a very nice addition, I'm going to write that one down.

SuXxorz
25-04-2006, 01:21
This would be my build... ( May still need alittle tweaking though )

Class: Ritualist / Warrior

Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Communing: 11+1+3 (77)
Restoration Magic: 8+1 (37)
Axe Mastery: 11 (77)

Total attribute points used: 191/200

1) Swift Chop [Axe Mastery] (5,0,4) Axe Attack: If this attack hits you strike for +15 damage. If Swift Chop is blocked, your target suffers a deep wound for 20 seconds and takes an additional 15 damage. Swift Chop cannot be evaded.

2) Wild Blow [none] (5,0,5) Melee Attack: Lose all adrenaline. If it hits, this attack will be a critical hit and any stance being used by your target ends. This attack cannot be blocked or evaded.

3) Brutal Weapon [Communing] (10,1,15) Weapon Spell: Give target ally a Brutal Weapon for 20 seconds. The bearer's weapon strikes for +15 damage as long as the bearer is under no Enchantments.

4) Spirit Transfer [Restoration Magic] (5,0.25,0) Spell: The spirit nearest you loses 32 Health. Target ally is healed for 4 for each point of health lost.

5) Restoration [Communing] (10,5,45) Binding Ritual: Create a level 10 spirit. When this spirit dies, all party members in the area are resurrected with 50% Health and zero Energy. This spirit dies after 30 seconds.

6) Shadowsong [Communing] (10,5,45) Binding Ritual: Create a level 8 spirit. The spirit's attacks cause Blindness for 6 second(s). This spirit dies after 30 seconds.

7) Anguished Was Lingwah [Communing] (10,5,60) Spell: Hold Lingwah's ashes for up to 150 seconds. Dropping her ashes summons a level 10 spirit of Pain that does 20 damage. This spirits dies after 150 seconds.

8) Soul Twisting [none] (5,1,10) Enchantment: Destroy target allied spirit. The next Binding ritual you perform casts 66% faster and recharges instantly. This is an elite skill.

shadow the hero
25-04-2006, 13:31
My Character11

Ritualist/Warrior
Level: 20

Spawning Power: 7 (6+1)
Restoration Magic: 10 (8+2)
Communing: 11 (10+1)
Swordsmanship: 11

- Vital Weapon (Communing)
For 30 seconds, target ally has a Vital Weapon and has +157 maximum health.
Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:20

- Quivering Blade [Elite] (Swordsmanship)
If Quivering Blade hits, you strike for +32 damage. If it is "blocked", Quivering Blade is disabled for 4 seconds, and you are Dazed for 5 seconds
Adrenaline:4

- Jaizhenju Strike (Swordsmanship)
If Jaizhenju Strike hits, you strike for +22 damage. If you are not using a Stance, Jaizhenju Strike cannot be "blocked" or "evaded."

- Pure Strike (Swordsmanship)
If Pure Strike hits, you strike for +22 damage. If you are not using a Stance, Pure Strike cannot be "blocked" or "evaded."

- Feast of Souls (Spawning Power)
Destroy all nearby allies' spirits. For each spirit destroyed in this way, all party members are healed for 73 Health.
Energy:10 Cast:0.25 Recharge:10

- Life (Restoration Magic)
Create a level 7 spirit. When this spirit dies, all allies within its range are healed for 4 Health for each second this spirit was alive. This spirit dies after 30 seconds.
Energy:10 Cast:3 Recharge:45

- Union (Communing)
Create a level 7 spirit. Whenever an ally in its range takes damage, that damage is reduced by 15 and the spirit takes 15 damage. The spirit dies after 52 seconds.
Energy:15 Cast:3 Recharge:60

- Flesh of my Flesh (Restoration Magic)
Lose half of your Health. Resurrect target ally with your current Health and 15% Energy.
Energy:5 Cast:5 Recharge:0

new vision of the Build:
it's hard to make Self healing to a melee Ritualist be course his spirit's is the only things that can healing him so before a start's Put Life and Union up
close enough so you can fight when low on Hp use Feast Of Soul's this should heal 220 in 1 row to all nearby allies
but the rechange is the pain

SuXxorz
25-04-2006, 17:35
My revision...

Class: Ritualist / Warrior

Communing: 11+4 (77)
Restoration Magic: 8+1 (37)
Swordsmanship: 11 (77)

Total attribute points used: 191/200

1) Draw Spirit [Spawning Power] (5,1,5) Spell: Teleport target allied spirit to your location

2) Spirit Transfer [Restoration Magic] (5,0.25,0) Spell: The spirit nearest you loses 32 Health. Target ally is healed for 4 for each point of health lost.

3) Restoration [Communing] (10,5,45) Binding Ritual: Create a level 10 spirit. When this spirit dies, all party members in the area are resurrected with 50% Health and zero Energy. This spirit dies after 30 seconds.

4) Savage Slash [Swordsmanship] (5,0,10) Sword Attack: If this attack hits, it interrupts the target foe's action. If that action was a spell, you deal 29 extra damage.

5) Jaizhenju Strike [Swordsmanship] (5,0,8) Sword Attack: If Jaizhenju Strike hits, you strike for +22 damage. If you are not using a stance, Jaizhenju Strike cannot be blocked or evaded.

6) Bloodsong [Communing] (15,5,60) Binding Ritual: Create a level 8 spirit who dies after 150 seconds. Attacks by that spirit steal up to 20 Health.

7) Pain [Communing] (5,3,45) Binding Ritual: Create a level 10 spirit. This spirit attacks deal 20 damage. This spirit dies after 150 seconds.

8) Soul Twisting [none] (5,1,10) Enchantment: Destroy target allied spirit. The next Binding ritual you perform casts 66% faster and recharges instantly. This is an elite skill.

Basic Idea - summon bloodsong first from non aggro range, then summon restoration and use soul twisting on it... As u get closer to the enemy u can teleport bloodsong to you with draw spirit and then summon pain really fast... It's about using the idea of taking ground/area with spirits... Also, Spirit Transfer is a great heal especially teamed with Bloodsong...

Question!!! I've been pondering for a different/support build... I was wondering what if I didn't have any attributes in any of the weapon categories for rt./w. ... And if I were to carry a shield and sword... Would the defense and mods on my shield be affected? or do I still get armour bonus? How about my sword mods? ( I only know that my damage output would be affected, but that's not what I'm worried about )