PDA

View Full Version : need clarification - Ranger, Ritualist

Reikai
11-04-2006, 03:48
Well, Ranger Spirits are called "Nature Rituals"
Ritualist Spirits are called "Binding Rituals"

I'm just wondering, will skills such as "Ritual Lord" affect "Nature Rituals" as well?

How about expertise? does it change the cost of "Binding Rituals"?

If Edge of Extinction goes off on "Nature Rituals", will "Binding Rituals" be affected as well?

Does anyone think they can clarify these little quibbles for me? thanks :)

Erasculio
11-04-2006, 04:07
Well, Ranger Spirits are called "Nature Rituals"
Ritualist Spirits are called "Binding Rituals"

Actually, I don't think that's 100% right - Nature Rituals and Binding Rituals are both ways to summon spirits, but the spirits themselves aren't Rituals.

So, a skill that effects spirits would work with both kinds - the ones created through Nature Rituals and the ones created through Binding Rituals. Likewise, Edge of Extinction would trigger when a spirit dies, no matter if said spirit was created with one kind of ritual or the other.

But a skill that works on Binding Rituals would not work on Nature Rituals. So, say, Ritual Lord, a skill that makes Binding Rituals recharge faster, would not work on Nature Rituals - these skills do not act on the spirits themselves, but rather in the kind of ritual used to summon them.

Erasculio

Reikai
11-04-2006, 08:46
hmm. So Expertise doesn't affect Rt rituals :/

meeeeh.

So I guess, if you have a "spirit master" type character in your team... the best primary would still be Ranger, because Oathshot recharges them all :/, and Ritual lord only goes for Rt Spirits :/

Longasc
11-04-2006, 11:21
Reikai is shrewd. This idea is genius.

Oath Shot would be the reason for Ritualists to grab a bow, even at zero marksmanship. Works even as a secondary though.

About differences between the spirits, I think not many people could test this. But it will definitely be one thing we should test the second Factions is released:

Does Oath Shot recharge Ritualist Spirits, too?
Gain ranger spirits HP from spawning power, too?

And as soon as someone capped Ritual Lord, does it quicken ranger spirit recharge, too?

Reikai
11-04-2006, 12:01
Oathshot recharges all skills execpt oathshot, including spells w/e.

Rt secondary will not be an option, as Oathshot Requires at least 7 expertise to hit 100%... or else, even if the arrow hits, it counts as a miss 50% of the time :/

BostonVaulter
11-04-2006, 12:05
Reikai is shrewd. This idea is genius.

Oath Shot would be the reason for Ritualists to grab a bow, even at zero marksmanship. Works even as a secondary though.

About differences between the spirits, I think not many people could test this. But it will definitely be one thing we should test the second Factions is released:

Does Oath Shot recharge Ritualist Spirits, too?
Gain ranger spirits HP from spawning power, too?

And as soon as someone capped Ritual Lord, does it quicken ranger spirit recharge, too?

well, oath shot wouldn't be that good for a ritualist primary. it's an expertise skill, and it has a 50% chance to miss with expertise 7 or less. But it would recharge spirits.

Also expertise would work with binding rituals.

And spawning power would give extra life to ranger spirits along with necromancer minions.

edit: looks like Reikei beat me to parts of my post, oh well.

Sherlock
11-04-2006, 18:10
well, oath shot wouldn't be that good for a ritualist primary. it's an expertise skill, and it has a 50% chance to miss with expertise 7 or less. But it would recharge spirits.

Also expertise would work with binding rituals.

And spawning power would give extra life to ranger spirits along with necromancer minions.

edit: looks like Reikei beat me to parts of my post, oh well.

That is maybe not completely out of question , if we use this before Oath shot :

Guided Weapon - For 5...10 seconds, target ally's attack skills ignore Blindness and cannot be "blocked" or "evaded". 15-2-45, Communing,

I would say you would hit 100 pct for sure, no matter the Expertise level ! And Guided weapon will be recharged with Oath shoot as well :)) !!!

Actually it reminds me on D2 GA Zon a bit :)) ! But maybe I got it wrong ?

Artemis Shadowhawk
11-04-2006, 20:28
That is maybe not completely out of question , if we use this before Oath shot :

Guided Weapon - For 5...10 seconds, target ally's attack skills ignore Blindness and cannot be "blocked" or "evaded". 15-2-45, Communing,

I would say you would hit 100 pct for sure, no matter the Expertise level ! And Guided weapon will be recharged with Oath shoot as well :)) !!!

Actually it reminds me on D2 GA Zon a bit :)) ! But maybe I got it wrong ?Yeah you kinda got it wrong. Oath shot fails 50% of the time. It doesnt miss 50% of the time. Also, despite getting through block and evade or blind, it doesnt fix stray arrows.

Sherlock
11-04-2006, 20:50
Yeah you kinda got it wrong. Oath shot fails 50% of the time. It doesnt miss 50% of the time. Also, despite getting through block and evade or blind, it doesnt fix stray arrows.

Thx for clarification ! ANd what about this one :

Determined Shot - Marksmanship Energy: 5 recharge time: 10

Bow Attack. If Determined Shot hits, you strike for + 5..20 damage. If Determined Shot fails to hit, all of your attacks skills are recharged.

What are "attack skills" here ? I guess with 0 (zero) in Marksmanship you can miss pretty often ?

Goldfish God
11-04-2006, 21:52
What are "attack skills" here ? I guess with 0 (zero) in Marksmanship you can miss pretty often ?

Those which are marked as "attack skill" (e.g. power shot), similar to skills marked as "signet" or "spell" etc. Also, marksmanship and the other weapon-atts, have nothing to do with your default accuracy, just weapon damage when u don't meet the reqs and I think crit hits or something.

Phoebus
12-04-2006, 16:03
Ranger spirits are Nature Rituals.
Ritualist spirits are Binding Rituals.

Ritual Lord reduces the recharge time of Rituals.
The skill should work on both Nature and Binding Rituals.

Expertise works on all non-spell skills, Fast Casting works on all spell skills.