PDA

View Full Version : Critical Sin

Bobross
12-04-2006, 22:13
Hey all, this A/W build is all about lots of critical hits to keep you alive/keep on pressure. And there's two sets of attack skills to make it a critical damage dealer or a critical interruptor I may up the critical hits instead of daggers if I was going with the critical damage skills. I tried to make it somewhat balanced so that you don't have to rely too much on your team to keep you alive/not blind. As a result, it's not as uber impressive as some other builds out there but I think it'd do well. I also wanted to add in sig of malice... And of course there's only 7 skills here so there's room for a res...if no res, I'd go with Sig of Malice for sure (that would be with the interruptor set as it causes conditions...I'd put something in to cause conditions in the other chain, if I had this).

Basically I'd go with maxed (or close to max) daggers, 13 crit, and shadow arts for way of perfection.

Critical Defenses (availability)
Description: For 6 seconds, you have 25-65% chance to block. Critical Defenses refreshes every time you land a critical hit.
Energy Cost: 10
Activation Time: 1 Second.
Recharge Time: 30 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Critical Strikes. Increases blocking chance.
Skill Type: Enchantment Spell.

Wild Blow (availability)
Description: Lose all adrenaline. If it hits, this attack will be a critical hit and any stance being used by your target ends. This attack cannot be blocked or evaded.
Energy Cost: 5
Activation Time: None.
Recharge Time: 5 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: None.
Skill Type: Melee Attack.

Critical Eye (availability)
Description: For 10-30 seconds, you have an additional 1-6% chance to land a critical hit when attacking. You gain 1 Energy whenever you score a critical hit.
Linked Attribute: Critical Strikes. Increases duration and chance for critical strike.
Skill Type: Skill.

Way of Perfection (availability)
Description: For 10-30 seconds, when ever you successfully make a critical hit you gain 10-30 health.
Activation Time: 1 Second.
Linked Attribute: Shadow Arts. Increases duration and health recovered.
Skill Type: Enchantment Spell.

I'd go with these attack skills for regular damage:

Palm Strike (availability)
Description: Target touched foe is strick for 5-53 shadow damage. This skill counts as an off hand attack. This is an elite skill.
Activation Time: 3/4ths of a Second.
Recharge Time: 12 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Critical Strikes. Increases damage dealt.
Skill Type: Skill.

Repeating Strike (availability)
Description: Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +5-17 damage. If it misses, it takes an additional 15 seconds to recharge.
Recharge Time: None.
Linked Attribute: Dagger Mastery. Increases damage dealt.
Skill Type: Off-Hand Attack.

Critical Strike (availability)
Description: Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +10-26 damage and resuslts in a critical hit.
Recharge Time: 6 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Critical Strikes. Increases damage dealt.
Skill Type: Dual Attack.

These skills would be added in to make you an interruptor:

Disrupting Stab (availability)
Description: If this attack hits, it interrupts target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, it is disabled for 3-9 seconds.
Recharge Time: 10 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Dagger Mastery. Increases disabling duration.
Skill Type: Lead Attack.

Exhausting Assault (availability)
Description: Must follow an off-hand attack. Target foe's action is interrupted. If that action was casting a spell, target foe suffers from exhaustion.
Activation Time: 1/2 of a Second .
Recharge Time: 8 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Dagger Mastery. Effect unknown.
Skill Type: Dual Attack.

Temple Strike (availability)
Description: Must follow a lead attack. If this attack hits, target foe is Dazed and Blinded for 1-7 second(s), and if target foe is casting a spell, that foe is interrupted. This is an elite skill.
Energy Cost: 15
Recharge Time: 12 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Dagger Mastery. Increases Blind and Dazed duration.

Basically

Critical Eye - ups chances of crits.
Critical Defenses - gives a good chance to dodge refreshing every 6 seconds if you get a crit.
Way of Perfection - free health when you get a crit.
Wild blow - with crit of 13 and critical eye, returns 4 energy because it's a crit, interrupts stances, and recharges every 5 seconds, so just enough time to ensure that critical defenses stays up, even if you get unlucky.

palm strike - start the repeating strikes easy
repeating strike - keep doing bonus damage while you've got energy.
Critical strike - when palm strike is nearly charged or enemy is nearly dead, try to get up to 10 energy, and use this...the 2 crits back to back will do around 100 dmg and return 8 energy, so it only costs a net 2.

disrupting stab - nice cheap interrupt...10 sec recharge isn't so bad.
Temple strike - awesome interrupt costs a lot, but dazed and blinded will gimp mages and fighters alike...
Exhausting assault - works nicely on a caster...and with dazed in effect, you may even be able to interrupt protection spells.

I know it's vulnerable to conditions and hexes, but with interruption, it may be able to take on a necro or meser if you can get close to them in time...and a sig of malice would help with conditions.

Any comments, critiques or trolls are welcome.

scorche
13-04-2006, 01:19
I'd say it looks good man, It lacks the damage of some other assassin builds like you said, but when you take into consideration all the critical hits you'll be doing your damage output still isnt bad, and it can outlast most assassins without healing from an ally.

Bobross
13-04-2006, 15:12
In light of some of the other posts on relative usefullness of critical strike (which in another build may be good...but in this one, may not be necessary, as my crit chances are already pretty high), I think I may change out my damage skills for these: I still don't like Twisting fangs a lot because of the 15 second cooldown...especially in a build like this where there should be lots of energy..so I don't want to have to sit there waiting for skills to recharge. So something like repeating strike would be ideal. And golden phoenix strike saves me from having to bring a lead attack to get to that point (with 2 long enchantments I probably won't have to worry too much about ench removal...although there's some pretty powerful ench. removal in factions).

Locusts' Fury

Golden Phoenix Strike (availability)
Description: If you are not under the effects of an enchantment, this skill misses. If it hits, Golden Phoenix Strike deals +10-26 damage.
Recharge Time: 8 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Dagger Mastery. Increases damage dealt.

and then I'd take either

Exhausting Assault for interrupts

or

Repeating Strike for good dps.

Primal Rage (warrior elite) could also make an appearance in a build like this...in which case I'd take something like jagged strike and sig of malice instead of the attack skills. So every 10 seconds I'd use wild blow, jagged strike, sig of malice, and refresh any ench's that needed it, then go back into a primal rage...I'm liking that idea a lot actually.