PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Request: Guild Wars Suggestions

Draenor
19-04-2006, 02:57
I honestly do not like the monthly suggestion threads. It seems a lot like making a dedicated landfill for GW suggestions so they don't totally clutter up the general chat board. I mean, it makes sense to prevent the clutter, but it's very easy for posts to get lost in that thread, especially if people want to discuss ideas. That is, the discussion can get so crowded that some other ideas might be squeezed out or missed.

I would like to see a new suggestions forum with a sticky on top for commonly suggested ideas/frequently requested features and links to the individual forum threads to save on clutter. I think this would make a great place for dicussion on the improvement of Guild Wars.

Fallen_62
19-04-2006, 03:15
We had one at one time, but it wasnt used a lot, or used correctly, so we got rid of it, and opted for the Monthly Suggestion threads instead. Sorry : /

Draenor
19-04-2006, 03:27
Perhaps the time wasn't right for it. Right now on the front page of the general forum I see:

Guild Wars on the Sea.
ANET Reset HA Rank Every 6 Months....
Guild Member Cap 100
Poll: Update the HUD!
Crazy idea: Skills that affect the player, not the character
Storage Shortage
Poll: Suggestion proposed to Guild Wars concerning PvE/P separation and interaction.
MERGED: New Professions for Expansion Discussion

That's 8 threads that are, essentially, suggestions. People seem to have gotten tired of being lost in the crowd of posts in the monthly suggestion thread and have opted to create their own threads instead.

Erasculio
19-04-2006, 03:40
I think you have half answered to yourself. I see the Monthly Suggestions Topic as a wish list to Arena Net, from people who do not feel like discussion their suggestions or have done so in the past. The rest of the Forum is more used to post an idea and hear people's opinion about it.

(Personally, when I have an idea I post it as a topic for discussion, and if it's something supported, I gather what everyone said and make a new, more concise and updated post in the Montly Suggestions thing.)

The problem with a single Forum for suggestions is that, well, most topics could be considered suggestions, or complains that would better be suggestions than just pointless whining. It would be easier to rename the Community Discussion as the Suggestion Forum than to add a new one for that, I think.

Erasculio

Sherlock
19-04-2006, 07:30
We had one at one time, but it wasnt used a lot, or used correctly, so we got rid of it, and opted for the Monthly Suggestion threads instead. Sorry : /

Where can I check this Monthly Suggestions Topic pls, thx ?

Mawgleah
19-04-2006, 12:06
It's a sticky thread in the Community Discussion forum