22-04-2006, 20:31
Assassin/????
Level: 20

Weapon: Zealous Dagger of Fortitude/defense

Critical Strikes: 9 (8+1)
Dagger Mastery: 14 (12+1+1)
Shadow Arts: 11 (10+1)

- Jagged Strike (Dagger Mastery)
If Jagged Strike hits, your target suffers from Bleeding for 9 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:6

- Temple Strike [Elite] (Dagger Mastery)
Must follow a lead attack. If this attack hits, target foe is interrupted, Dazed and Blinded for 8 second(s).
Energy:10 Cast:0 Recharge:12

- Horns of the Ox (Dagger Mastery)
Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Horns of the Ox strikes for +14 damage. If struck foe is not adjacent to any allies, that foe is knocked down.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:12

- Falling Spider (Dagger Mastery)
Must strike a knocked-down foe. If it hits, Falling Spider strikes for +33 damage and target foe is Poisoned for 19 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:10

- Twisting Fangs (Dagger Mastery)
Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Twisting Fangs strikes for +10 damage and struck foe suffers from Bleeding and Deep Wound for 19 seconds.
Energy:10 Cast:0 Recharge:12

- Viper's Defense (Shadow Arts)
For 30 seconds, the next time you are struck, teleport to a random location nearby. The foe who struck you is poisoned for 16 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:10

- Death's Charge (Shadow Arts)
Shadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 106.
Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:45

- Shadow Refuge (Shadow Arts)
For 4 seconds, you have a 50% chance to "evade" attacks. When Shadow Refuge ends, you are healed for 96.
Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:8

Ok this Build is both for PvP and PvE (when in PvE switch Viper's defense or Death's Charge out with Rez

i'll tested this build in 12 vs 12 and it was Pretty fun :)

list of professions murdered in 12 vs 12:
10 Ele's
5 warrior's
4 monk's
2 Ritualist's
7 assassin's
1 mesmer's
5 ranger's
2 necro's

and 1 MM

the Main thing is the Combo it will do this: Dazed, poisoned, bleeding, Deep wound,Blind and Knock-down

Damage: it will cause over -200 Hp on a Low armored Professions such as: monk's, Ele's, Mesmer's, Necro's and Ritualist's ( Maybe Ranger's not totally sure) and with Deep wound it will likely kill them, Dazed on Spell Casters will be their dead

Avoid Warrior's with armor such as the Sentinel Armor and if you gets into combat to one and is going to lose, Use Viper's Defense to escape or Heal a bit away from the Warrior with Shadow refuge and then Death's Charge and you get healed +194 Hp

If! your Foe is around some allies Horns of the Ox will not work, so from Temple Strike go directly to Twisting Fangs

Comments and Suggestions(sp?) is very welcome

Longasc
22-04-2006, 21:09
Yeah, I notice a growing trend to give assassin builds fancy names. :>

"SOS" is particularly funny.

I like the Horns of the Ox / Falling Spider combo.

shadow the hero
22-04-2006, 23:20
Sephis is a Name i made to my assassin
i know that all those People who has played the Finalfantasy serie has crossed the Name "Sephiroth", the Most Evil/Psycho-teleporting-bladeswinging Character....
anyway i am against Rip-off Names
so created my own name:
Sephi means angel
but Sephi sounded more like a Girl name
so i putted a 's' on and it sound: Sephis sounds like a Snake's whispering
and he was the Character i played with this Build so i named it after him....

Mr Snuggles
23-04-2006, 10:56
I like the Horns of the Ox / Falling Spider combo

hi, im an experienced gw player, but a newbie to forums,

im suprised no1 has come up with the scorpion wire + falling spider combo (or is it just me whos slow?)

Imagine this, a cowardly warrior fleeing the battle scene, with 40 or so health.

Cast scorpion wire and when he/she gets too far, down goes the guillotine:laughing:

Ill probably create a fem assassin called Ada Wong, off of the resi evil series

Syes
23-04-2006, 11:44
hi, im an experienced gw player, but a newbie to forums,

im suprised no1 has come up with the scorpion wire + falling spider combo (or is it just me whos slow?)

Imagine this, a cowardly warrior fleeing the battle scene, with 40 or so health.

Cast scorpion wire and when he/she gets too far, down goes the guillotine:laughing:

Ill probably create a fem assassin called Ada Wong, off of the resi evil series
The problem comes when the cowardly warrior flees with some of his friends, and you then find yourself too far away, and down comes the guillotine on you.

Scorpion Wire vs anyone with a brain = suicide.

Mr Snuggles
23-04-2006, 16:14
The problem comes when the cowardly warrior flees with some of his friends, and you then find yourself too far away, and down comes the guillotine on you.

Scorpion Wire vs anyone with a brain = suicide.

Ah, but i aim to combine it with a skill like return, so its a hit and run/teleport tactic.

As soon as u teleport in, u use falling spider, and teleport out. If the attack doesnt kill the warrior, the poison will

Otherwise i agree with u, its suicide to teleport into a group of iway warriors without means of escape:laugh:

Patccmoi
23-04-2006, 18:12
Imo Scorpion Wire should be used with Dash. Use it on someone, then Dash away. The guy will hardly have time to move before you teleported on him.

Not sure how much it's worth it tough. I used Scorpion Wire a bit and it's weird to use appropriately, but from my experience the best use of it is clearly to run away from your target asap.

shadow the hero
24-04-2006, 14:46
Small change to the build: switch Jagged Strike out with Unsespecting Strike for more damage

- Unsuspecting Strike (Critical Strikes)
If this attack hits, you strike for +21 damage. If your target was above 90% Health you deal an additional 30 damage.
Energy:10 Cast:0 Recharge:10

Viti Ligo
24-04-2006, 15:01
Imo Scorpion Wire should be used with Dash. Use it on someone, then Dash away. The guy will hardly have time to move before you teleported on him.

Not sure how much it's worth it tough. I used Scorpion Wire a bit and it's weird to use appropriately, but from my experience the best use of it is clearly to run away from your target asap.

Because of it's short duration I think dash is not a good way to escape... you only have 3 secs to run fast... should there be any obstacles you you won't get far enough.

remmeh
24-04-2006, 16:51
omg.

I used this EXACT attack chain in random arenas during the first FPE... and got a 22-win streak with no monk. it absolutely pwns.

bleed + daze + blind + KD + poison + more bleed + DW. the only conditions you're missing are cripple and weakness.

arredondo
24-04-2006, 16:58
Because of it's short duration I think dash is not a good way to escape... you only have 3 secs to run fast... should there be any obstacles you you won't get far enough.

You underestimate Dash. For three seconds you are at 150% speed and it's a stance that comes out instantly. I mean this is the fastest speed buff in the game! It's 100% faster than Sprint, Escape, Charge or Rush, and it's 50% faster than Armor of Mist, Illusion of Haste (both needs a cast), Dodge, and Retreat. If you cast Scorpion Wire at max spell range as Pat suggests, you will be able to Dash the distance needed to be 100' away with ease.

Kakashi Chan
25-04-2006, 00:18
There are alot of things that we all are coming up with for sure... just not putting them out yet on forums. There are some things far too evil, and some things that need testing to be sure of before we tell the world about them. ;)

edit:

You underestimate Dash. For three seconds you are at 150% speed and it's a stance that comes out instantly. I mean this is the fastest speed buff in the game! It's 100% faster than Sprint, Escape, Charge or Rush, and it's 50% faster than Armor of Mist, Illusion of Haste (both needs a cast), Dodge, and Retreat. If you cast Scorpion Wire at max spell range as Pat suggests, you will be able to Dash the distance needed to be 100' away with ease.

Yes you do move at 150% speed... for 3 seconds whereas a warrior with sprint moves 125% faster for 8 seconds... with no points in it. SO you will get away for the first 3 seconds they will still catch you in 7 seconds.
Pretty useless IMO.

Someone under dash does not move 100% faster THAN someone under sprint, math errors ftw.

Dodge is a 33% speed boost, not a 25%.

Nor does Dash move you 50% faster than Armor of mist, Windborne Speed, Illusin of haste and Dodge. %'s are not addative.

MaximumSquid
25-04-2006, 00:53
The build will certinly have dire effects in Ra, but It may be hard to move it out of there since a monk can full heal the target your beating on just because there are so many conditions on them.

-----
mods:
-----

Why not just dump jagged strike for mantis sting?

Now the only condition your missing is exhaustion, weakness, and burning.

Also when you take this into 12v12 you may want to bring epidemic over viper's defense. You'd be a A/Me then, but the AoE utility might be invaluable when your in the fray.

arredondo
25-04-2006, 08:05
There are alot of things that we all are coming up with for sure... just not putting them out yet on forums. There are some things far too evil, and some things that need testing to be sure of before we tell the world about them. ;)

edit:

Yes you do move at 150% speed... for 3 seconds whereas a warrior with sprint moves 125% faster for 8 seconds... with no points in it. SO you will get away for the first 3 seconds they will still catch you in 7 seconds.
Pretty useless IMO.

Someone under dash does not move 100% faster THAN someone under sprint, math errors ftw.

Dodge is a 33% speed boost, not a 25%.

Nor does Dash move you 50% faster than Armor of mist, Windborne Speed, Illusin of haste and Dodge. %'s are not addative.

I meant the speed boost was 100%/50% faster than those others (which it is), not the overall net speed. If you're going 25% faster than the speed limit and I'm going 50% faster than the speed limit, my "speed boost" is 100% more than yours. If your brother is going 33% faster than the speed limit while I'm going 50% faster, then my speed boost is 50% more than his...

Speed limit = 60 mph
My speed (+50%) = 90 mph
Your speed (+25%) = 75 mph
Your brother (+33%) = 80 mph

I'm going 30 mph faster than the speed limit, you're going 15 mph faster, and your brother is going 20 mph faster. My speed boost is 100% greater than your speed boost and is only 50% greater than your brother's. The base speed of course is the same - I was only referring to the boost.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So now that we can all "see" what Dash actually does, we can also acknowledge that in its 3s active time it goes farther than any other speed boost.

What are we using it for? I don't know how running from Warriors came into the conversation but we were specifically discussing Pat's idea to Hex an enemy with Scorpion Wire and then running away with the fastest speed buff in the game. You need to get to 100'... you start at a great distance already seeing that you can cast SW from aggro bubble range.

If 3s of Dash allows you to cover the rest of the distance VERY quickly, then mission accomplished. A target has to know who targeted him to even know which direction to run, which takes a second or two, if not more. Plus he may be deciding to run forward away from his buddies into a more dangerous situation. Is it a perfect strat? Few of those exist, but I can see some tactical advantages in doing this.