PDA

View Full Version : Clamor of Souls

Viti Ligo
25-04-2006, 12:07
Clamor of Souls

Elite spell

For each nearby ally, one nearby foe is struck for 10...94 lightning damage.

This seems very powerfull spell - cast few spirit at one location and let enemy come near.... damage increases easily to 400,500, 600 ?
anyone tried this one in FPE ?

Artemis Shadowhawk
25-04-2006, 14:22
Clamor of Souls

Elite spell

For each nearby ally, one nearby foe is struck for 10...94 lightning damage.

This seems very powerfull spell - cast few spirit at one location and let enemy come near.... damage increases easily to 400,500, 600 ?
anyone tried this one in FPE ?Do spirits count as allies in the case of this spell?

shadow the hero
25-04-2006, 15:00
you hasnt got the last bit of the skill: (The same Foe cant be struck more than once.)

NeferJackal
25-04-2006, 18:36
I think you should take a look at this skill instead:

Gaze from Beyond (availability)
Description: The spirits nearest you loses 10-34 Health. Target foe is struck for 3 lightning damage for each point of Health lost.
Energy Cost: 5
Activation Time: 1 Second.
Recharge Time: 15 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Channeling Magic. Increases health lost and damage dealt.
Skill Type: Spell.

With just a few spirits nearby, the damage rises exponentially as there is no cap or limitation on how many times a foe can be struck.. With high spawning power your spirits will be tough enough to be used repeatedly, and perhaps use arcane echo to help spiking it.

Sherlock
25-04-2006, 19:59
you hasnt got the last bit of the skill: (The same Foe cant be struck more than once.)

He got it right :

Clamor of Souls - For each nearby ally, one nearby foe is struck for 10...94 lightning damage.

The skill you have in mind is this one :

Wrath from Beyond - For each nearby Spirit, one nearby foe is struck for 10...82 lightning damage. (The same foe cannot be struck more than once.)

So CoS is really very powerfull ! We just need to know if, under the term "ally" are also Pets and Minions, because in that case, Ritualist in a team with Minion Master with 4 Horrors and 5 Barrage/Pet Rangers would do insane damage ! But we need to know what does "ally" mean !

GormWolfblade
25-04-2006, 21:12
actually in the GWonline skill database does inded say the same foe can't be hit more than once for Clamour of Souls, however Guildwiki doesn't.
I also could even find Wrath from Beyond on GWonline but could on Guildwiki. Hard to say which is right.
I can see it being great in 12vs12 but it is lightning damage (and without armor penetration) which means the damage will be mediocre sometimes.

JeanDeathwish
25-04-2006, 23:35
Wrath from Beyond is the old version of Clamor of Souls. They reworked the skill and changed the name in the FPE. Both of them say that a foe can only be hit once. Also, I believe, or hope, that there is a typo in the description in Gaze from Beyond here on GWO. It says the spirits nearest you... etc... but I think it actually says the spirit (non plural)... so only one spirit loses life and the damage is delt accordingly.

arredondo
26-04-2006, 02:59

Description: The spirits nearest you loses 10-34 Health. Target foe is struck for 3 lightning damage for each point of Health lost.

With just a few spirits nearby, the damage rises exponentially as there is no cap or limitation on how many times a foe can be struck.. With high spawning power your spirits will be tough enough to be used repeatedly, and perhaps use arcane echo to help spiking it.

Awesome... thanks for pointing this skill out. We'll see if this version is in the final, or if the 10-18 damage, max 5 spirits version is there instead. The version you posted does close to 800 damage from one 1s cast if you bring this spell at L16 stats with 7 spirits.

NeferJackal
26-04-2006, 03:07
Hmm, that is definitely powerful. I could see that become absurdly powerful if you turtle up with spirits in pve in like Underworld, one shotting Aatxes? :)

So i am afraid that it just will be one spirit that gets drained, instead of possible from all nearby.

SuXxorz
26-04-2006, 14:44
Sorry to burst your bubble... I had that during the FPE, it's "Singular"... 1 spirit only...

Seriously, ritualist may be damage supporters or can help with additional damage at most... Most of their damage skills aren't as strong as what u can do with other classes... The only one I like mostly is Painful Bond, but I've never tried it yet...

arredondo
26-04-2006, 17:08
Well we can still wait and see how all the skill descriptions shape up at 12:01 tonight.

slakt
26-04-2006, 22:42

That obviously is a typo, it must be supposed to say "spirit nearest you", not "spirits". Because a 5/1/15 spell which with a little effort deals 1000+ lightning damage seems a bit overpowered to me.

mr godspeed
26-04-2006, 23:22
ok here is a senario:
You are playing 12v12 in pvp all 12 are rits with clamor of souls. they all crowd around each other and all cast at same time. Since a foe cant be hit twice will that do like 1200 or so dmg to each person= instant death? I know that it has to be nearby for it to work but most stick together if not then just go head hunt.
Also could you mix it with judges insight to give it 20% armor pen?
Or use conjure lightning to have more dmg?

And if the above does work could you go and do a 5 man farm cause it would be like 500+ dmg. Just some thoughts.

NeferJackal
27-04-2006, 00:48
A damage spike yes, but that is just screaming for opposing eles to hose you down with firestorms and other assorted nasty spells. Consider maelstrom used there, major ouch!

Shadowed Sun
02-05-2006, 00:33
I beleive i saw a skill, Which is now changed since Factions was released, but it said for every spirit near you, one target foe takes about 90 lightning dmg, but can only be targeted once. I may be mixing up Preview skills and Real Factions skills that were changed (name/effect). But that would have been an awesome skill, so that's probably why it was fixed to allies from what i read, or whatever...I most likely am wrong or confused...!

ss

Viri
10-05-2006, 16:33
How does this skill really works ?
Description: Spell. For each nearby ally, one nearby foe is struck for 10..94 lightning damage. (The same foe cannot be struck more than once.)

Im more interested in "The same foe cannot be stryck more than once". How does it exactly work ? Can you use it on each enemy only once during whole game (gvg) ? Or once until the enemy is killed ? It's a bit strange because its insta kill in gvg (at least i think so).

Avoc
10-05-2006, 16:35
You use the skill, say you have 3 allies and 5 enemies. This means that it will strike 3 nearby enemies randomly. Its pretty much like death/vampiric swarm.
You use it once, then you can use it again after it has recharged. It will hit the enemy it has hit before, but not while it has been cast.

Servant of Kali
10-05-2006, 21:09
Argh someone needs to test the range of Rt skills, like Mesmers tested range of their own skills. "Nearby" isnt always the same distance.

Lord Melvin
10-05-2006, 21:22
Argh someone needs to test the range of Rt skills, like Mesmers tested range of their own skills. "Nearby" isnt always the same distance.
I've been using Clamor of Souls, and it seems to me like it has the same range as every other skill with the "nearby" range. I haven't taken it into Isle the Nameless and tested it though. Keep in mind, your other allies don't need to be "near" the enemies you're trying to hit with it. They can actually be up to 2x the "nearby" distance if you position yourself right.

Bezimienny
11-05-2006, 08:40
Im more interested in "The same foe cannot be stryck more than once". How does it exactly work ? It means once per cast (so if you have, i.e. 5 allies and 3 enemies nearby, each of the enemies will be hit once, and 2 potential strikes will be wasted)

Servant of Kali
11-05-2006, 11:41
Is this skill armor ignoring? That is, could a HoH (HA) team of 5 Rt's run up to the enemy lol and cast Clamor? :) for spike?

Viri
11-05-2006, 17:57
Hmm ... so why is this skill elite ? It looks kinda avarage. I prefer using Flameburst (without strange limitations to number of allies, with fast cast/recharge).

Lord Melvin
11-05-2006, 21:09
Is this skill armor ignoring? That is, could a HoH (HA) team of 5 Rt's run up to the enemy lol and cast Clamor? :) for spike?
No, Clamor of Souls does lightning damage and is not armor ignoring. While I think it would be hilarious to see 5 Rt/As teleport to a guy and cast clamor, I don't think it would really work too well unless you had something good to follow it.