PDA

View Full Version : Login

Flav
27-04-2006, 00:25
Why do we have to login to view threads now? Is there a specific reason for this?

defrule
27-04-2006, 00:28
It's probably to encourage guests to register with the forum.

Demented Soul
27-04-2006, 00:29
There's a large number of guests on the forum and it's slowing GWO to a halt. (Dunno about you but it's been driving me nuts with 20+ second long loads)

FrogSlayer
27-04-2006, 02:01
Why do we have to login to view threads now? Is there a specific reason for this?

would an admin or someone who was part of the process that brought this about be kind enough to give us an answer?

Fallen_62
27-04-2006, 02:53
I didnt change it, but Im pretty sure that it has to do with the traffic that we had on the forums and the fact that things were slowing quite dramatically. I am not 100% on that, but Im pretty sure thats the reason. Sorry for the inconvenience

Flav
27-04-2006, 03:06
I didnt change it, but Im pretty sure that it has to do with the traffic that we had on the forums and the fact that things were slowing quite dramatically. I am not 100% on that, but Im pretty sure thats the reason. Sorry for the inconvenience

Alright, fair enough. Thank for the reply.

I do have one request though. Could the "Currently Active Users" list be moved to the bottom of the page, since alot more users are online? This move would certainly save the wear on many users' mouse wheel with less scrolling. Thanks.

Demented Soul
27-04-2006, 03:42
Alright, fair enough. Thank for the reply.

I do have one request though. Could the "Currently Active Users" list be moved to the bottom of the page, since alot more users are online? This move would certainly save the wear on many users' mouse wheel with less scrolling. Thanks.

If you click the little arrows on the right hand side, it minimizes it.

Flav
27-04-2006, 03:51
If you click the little arrows on the right hand side, it minimizes it.

Oh right, I forgot about that, thanks.

I regularly clear my cookies, so I guess I would have to do that regularly. Oh well, just another inconvenience, but not a biggie.

Dragon Fire Go
29-04-2006, 22:26
im lazy and i got to log in every single time i view the site !
gwonline is my favorite site yet so its fine with me:smiley:

JasonLa
30-04-2006, 05:20
I'm setup to auto login.