PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking, ritualists are blind right?

Koross
27-04-2006, 01:25
Since they are wearing a certain type of headgear that appears to me to be impeding sight. Does this mean that they are immune to skills that effect the eyes (ie throw dirt)? Although I am highly doubtful of this but what was Anet's original thoughts when they designed ritualists? Did they actually want to make ritualists immune to skills that effect the eyes? :laugh:

Cerulean Niteshadow
27-04-2006, 01:34
Since they are wearing a certain type of headgear that appears to me to be impeding sight. Does this mean that they are immune to skills that effect the eyes (ie throw dirt)? Although I am highly doubtful of this but what was Anet's original thoughts when they designed ritualists? Did they actually want to make ritualists immune to skills that effect the eyes? :laugh:

Good question...cant say I have come up agaisnt this during the free weekend. Gues we will find out in under 6 1/2 hours. :smiley:

Gtompkins
27-04-2006, 01:41
they have spirit sight

Zingeri
27-04-2006, 01:45
I would believe that the Ritualist Blindness can be attriubted to something known as...

FLAVOR.

Not everything in the game has to make logical sense.

ShadowReapr
27-04-2006, 01:49
But this sort of thing got me thinking, they should do this more with the professions. We all know how the Assassin gameplay differs to the others (offhand attacks, etc), and that really got me interested. Having a ritualist be immune to blind attacks would be another great gameplay element. However, there should be a drawback to this. But, well, considering their natural carrying of urns instead of using a weapon, they could actually make a Ritualist Blind by default.

But then, that might affect certain abilities of theirs. Still, it's something to think about, as more professions with unique characteristics would be superb.

Erasculio
27-04-2006, 01:52
Duplicated topic, look here (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=382216&highlight=blinded) for one example of how often this has been mentioned.

Erasculio