PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Burn excessive damage?

skuldnoshinpu
02-05-2006, 23:59
Pardon me if I'm misunderstanding something, but maybe I don't understand the skill.

The description is "Target foe is struck for x lightning damage. If any Spirits are in the area around you, Spirit Burn deals +y damage." At level 16 the damage is something like 50/+30.

So how is it that I see myself getting hit with an enemy's Spirit Burn for 300+ damage? Do they mean +y for EACH spirit? Even with that it shouldn't be 300.

Geishe
03-05-2006, 03:14
You must have low armor level.

Scott the Green
03-05-2006, 03:52
If you're dealing with high level bosses, I think they can have more than 16 ranks in an attribute.

skuldnoshinpu
03-05-2006, 06:22
I have max armor.

More than 16 eh? It must be something ridiculous like 25 ranks for that much damage, though.

Phoenixtech
03-05-2006, 07:32
Are you playing as an asssasin? I believe there's a bug where assasins take more damage than usual.

naka
03-05-2006, 09:00
I've gotten hit for 200+ damage before too wearing max ritualist armor. I think it was an enemy boss that burned me.

melonella
03-05-2006, 10:23
I had the same bad experience only to find out that what hits me for 300 dmg is not actually Spirit Burn but rather Spirit Rift. Seems like channeling bosses tend to overuse the Spirit Burn/Spirit Rift combination making you asume that it is solely Spirit Burn which does the painful damage.

Spoil of War
03-05-2006, 12:33
Pretty much all Rit NPCs spam Spirit Rift+Burn almost endlessly. Doing Visunah Square, I had Master Togo selected so I would no where he was in case he was in trouble, and I rarely saw him use anything besides these 2 skills.

scamPOR
03-05-2006, 12:48
al 5 armor till the last area made the game a blast... I got hit for huge amounts of damage... High level ele bosses own your whole hench team in seconds even with al 60 armor...

Phoebus
03-05-2006, 14:48
This is a problem with ALL elemental damage spells.
For example, I've been hit by a deadly swarm that did over 250 damage.

The reason is simple, bosses have high attribute level, causing more base damage, plus, because their level is higher, the natural armor penetration of their spell is much higher, thus you take much more than the base listed damage from their spells.

If you fight bosses with non-armor-ignoring damage, you should probably pack some Protective Spirit or Shelter type of skills.

Buddah
03-05-2006, 17:52
I think for PvE I'm going to consider a high AL ritaulist armor set to manage some of those wicked hits.

I had an elem boss Fireball well into the 200 range against AL 60 armor. What bothers me is the fact that both Union and Shelter were down and I was in their effected area. Something had to be glitched.

Side note. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a bond monk when the group gets hit by a fireball like that.

Ubermancer
04-05-2006, 04:18
Are you playing as an asssasin? I believe there's a bug where assasins take more damage than usual.

*snort* they all say that. Sins have some great defensive skills, try utilizing em.

A level 28 ele boss has hit me for 386 against 60 AL. And in Uzrah's Warren I have been hit for more then 500 points in a single blast. (truly)

Bosses have been massively buffed since Prophecies.

Edgar Wellington
04-05-2006, 04:32
its a more challenging game, use ur head and get used to it :D

really tho thats why u have 2 copies of shelter in your group, it falls fast but it saves u from those 300 dmg spikes

bosses can break out a can of whoopass from attacks but thats because thats all they really have, a list of 4 spells or attacks

its difficult but dont blame it on a glitch (i have heard it b4 but ive seen it happen to every class)

:afro: (just wanted to use afro smilely :D

antonz
04-05-2006, 06:15
A nice Combo
1) Shelter
2) Dissonance
3) The little weapon thing which makes the wielder interrupt each time he strikes a target. I forget the name, but you can get it pretty early. Just put it on an assassin and send him toward an ele boss. the ele boss is dead.

4) If you are really lazy, just space out some spirits, pull the ennemies, let them waste the skills on the spirits (it is amazing hom many double dragons can hit Pain at the same time). Then run in the middle and kill everybody. I mean and ele have very few HP.

slayer13
04-05-2006, 06:44
ok, i dont know if anyone has answered your question, but no, it is not +y for each spirit, just +y if there is a spirit in the area at all