PDA

View Full Version : If you were to give a tip:

Meawin Carmot
03-05-2006, 00:55
If you were to give a tip on how to play a Rt. What would it be?

This thread is to help me and others understand how to play a rit better. I know the game hasnt been out long. So I beleave if we pull together, we can actually get an idea on how to become better.

To start out:

In PvP RA you can't just spam spirits because they will get slaughtered by any Fire Ele. If you can focus on only 2 spirits and support them, even if its by a third spirit. One such combo is Blood Song, Displacement, and spirit transfer. Also keep spirits spread out too. Make them have to work for killing them a little bit.

Erasculio
03-05-2006, 19:05
1) When using an Ashes spells, remember that any energy bonus your weapons give you will disappear. So if you have a +15 energy staff and use an Ashes spell that costs 15 energy, your energy will drop from 45 to 15 (15 less thanks to the spell, 15 less thanks to the "removal" of your staff). The Mighty was Vorizun helps on this, since it gives you +20 maximum energy.

2) When using spirits, remember that where you place them is as important as what you are casting. Right now, since no one is familiar with the Profession, I suggest taking the Draw Spirit skill - with it, you may move a spirit you have already placed to a better place, or take one away from an AoE spell.

3) In PvE, see what you are fighting before you cast your spirits - often, you won't have to cast all your spirits in a fight, therefore allowing you to be ready for the next fight faster.

Erasculio

DIEnamic
04-05-2006, 05:24
If you see someone spamming Unnatural Signet, press alt+f4.

But in all seriousness, or at least RA (if that really counts as a serious activity...), remember that an ally can only be under the effect of a single weapon skill.

antonz
04-05-2006, 06:26
All depends whenever you play in PvP or PvE.
Golden Rule
1)
Spread out your spirits. The closest to the ennemy the more useless it is ie PAIN. You should NOT lose your spirts to a double dragon, the earth thing or barrage.

Also it depends if you have ether lord or not.
Not ether lord PvE.
Get at least 4 spirits (Shadowsong must be in your build)
The put 1 or 2 skills you spam while the spirits recharge.
With Ether Lord.
Union, Shelter, Spirit Boon, Explosive Growth. Some thing to blow your spirits to either deal dmg or to gain HP.

In PvP.
did not tested yet. Dissonance + disnchant should pwn an ele. Also, i rarely see fire ele suriving more then 10 secs (He got amazing monk :)).

Finally you must learn the magic art of pulling. It may seem dumb but a good pulling can make you win against insane odds. As an example i have won Last stand solo (henchies god dead in the first row) at lvl 10. You put, you pull you run away and you kill one at a time.

Phoebus
04-05-2006, 12:26
Also it depends if you have ether lord or not.
Not ether lord PvE.
Get at least 4 spirits (Shadowsong must be in your build)
The put 1 or 2 skills you spam while the spirits recharge.
With Ether Lord.
Union, Shelter, Spirit Boon, Explosive Growth. Some thing to blow your spirits to either deal dmg or to gain HP.
You must mean Ritual Lord.

Spoil of War
04-05-2006, 14:30
My tip is quite simple.

Serpent's Quickness ftw! :D