PDA

View Full Version : How do spirits choose their targets?

Valerria
04-05-2006, 15:53
I suspect that they do not, and will just hit whatever is closest until it goes out of range, at which point they switch.

Or will they smack one target a few times and then switch to another?

xXBinaryXx
04-05-2006, 16:22
Dont know, but its a bit annoying when you get the rest of the team to target on enemy for max damage and the interrupt spirit is attacking some other bloke not even close.

Phoebus
04-05-2006, 16:44
The spirits do have an AI. They'll usually attack what you attack, that is, if they don't have a target they automaticaly take your target. I've also seen Shadowsong alternate it's attacks between two targets (I wasn't attacking anything at the time).
But they don't follow team target calling.

Goathands
04-05-2006, 17:17
Really wish they'd change this so they'd attack called targets. Drives me crazy when my interrupt spirit goes after a warrior when I have an ele that is kicking my butt with dragon stomp and such.

slimreb
04-05-2006, 19:07
Well from a limited study so far with spirits I have noticed that they will all attack any mob that has Painful Bond on it.

I tested this in four different fights. I summoned the spirits and let them do whatever they wanted to do for 10 seconds. Then tab through the mobs until I found a unlucky mob to apply Painful Bond onto. Once the hex was placed all the attacking spirits targeted that one and went to work on it.

I am not sure if it was just luck, they decided at attack whatever I cast at, or they are naturally target a creature that has Painful on them. Will have to try some other ways to see if I can get them to all target the same creature. Though for the most part I have noticed that they do a good job of all attacking the same, or switching between targets for maximum effect. For example, the other day I watched Shadowsong switching between three different targets constantly.

Phoenixtech
04-05-2006, 19:14
Alot of spirits will need to be nerfed if you can target them manually. Consider disenchant or shadowsong. My god, bascially you have a target that can CONSTANTLY remove enchant and/or blind someone.