PDA

View Full Version : what is going on?

Caressa
06-05-2006, 00:11
when I go to www.gwonline.net, it goes straight to forums and none of the other gwonline.net pages work...not even the main page

Ashberry
06-05-2006, 00:26
Maybe all that is still being moved over to the new server?

Bilateralrope
06-05-2006, 00:33
Personally I found that, apart from skill descriptions, the main site was horribly out of date.

- The experiance section still mentioned attribute refund points (removed with SF) like they were still there. It would of taken maybe 2 mins to fix that, maybe 10 if you wanted to leave a historical note.

- The page on greens only listed SF greens (and that took months to appear) with many of them lacking pictures.

- The collectors section only had ascalon collectors (pre and post) which aren't that much use for anyone.

Really, the only page that was up to date was the skills page

I'm hopeing that the GWonline admin realised that many people were only comming here for the forums, and sourcing their infomation elsewhere.

Still, that would bring rule 3b (http://forums.gwonline.net/rules/) into question as to if it should stay. I've seen many people saying that because of that rule, they would PM someone the link without that person suffering any mod action.

Then again, that rules page fails to mention the rule about not posting another persons IGN without premission. Yet another page that is out of date.

I'd like the admins to get rid of that rule page, and instead have the rules as a locked sticky in this forum so it can be changed as required. Then dump the main site completly, and stick with the forums.

Ezra
06-05-2006, 02:01
They have pretty good news coverage, though. I like it very much for that.

Bilateralrope
06-05-2006, 02:32
News articles can also be eaisly handled by a news section in the forums without any loss of quality. It would actually improve things as we could discuss each news post eaiser. However, you wouldn't want to let anyone but the mods start threads there

Fallen_62
06-05-2006, 05:43
Yes, I know our main page is out of date, but its hard to get things updated... Well, I have been through this before... Lets just say that we are short on both staff and time, but we are working on it.

And the site was down because Rush was moving it to the new server as well. It should be back up now, or soon (after your DNS refreshes)

Dukan
07-05-2006, 04:03
Not all of the side menu links are working. Professions links, Armor Crafting index and most of the other Resources links... all I get is the menu and a blank page.

Dukan
08-05-2006, 03:49
It's all working good, now. :smiley: