PDA

View Full Version : Cutscene at the end of THK

PinoyBoy
07-05-2006, 00:16
This question has always been bugging me:

Is King Jalis Ironhammer alive?

cuz in the cutscene at the end of THK, you see the vizier and the king walk away from the door to the ring of fire, and after a flash, you see the lich lord and undead rurik walking TOWARDS the door

can some1 pls explain this to me?

(and I also remember the king being in droks during the Wintersday event, but that could have just been more decoration)

thanx in advance :afro:

Barinthus
07-05-2006, 02:02
I have a script of that cutscene in a thread somewhere in here.

I have no reason to believe King Jalis Ironhammer is dead. Of course it is possible but I have not seen any evidence of this aside from a vague possible inference made by the presence of the Lich.

The 'flash' you mentioned is what I take to be a period of some time later after the King has left and Vizier was able to transform into his true form. This part is really more of a device to give us some foreshadowing of what is coming up in the story.

Quintus Antonius
07-05-2006, 03:58
I agree with Barinthus. I'd say that King Ironhammer is very much alive, as there is no indication of his death. At the end of the game, the Lich makes a point to rub in all the stuff he's done, and he mentions nothing of killing the Dwarven King behind our backs.

Plus, events such as Wintersday happen after the events of the game, according to dialouge of the NPCs involved (they refer to events as if they are moving forward from the end of the Prophecies). So if we see Jalis, then he is probably alive.

PinoyBoy
07-05-2006, 05:46
ah thanks guys, sometimes I think too deeply into the storyline of this game

the large number of plotholes and game inconsistencies in the game really annoy me, such as why were the Flameseeker Prophecies even made? :rolleyes:

I guess Guild Wars isn't known for its plot heh :tongue:

Zaxares
08-05-2006, 01:15
I'd say that Jalis is definitely alive. As you said, he appeared during the Wintersday holiday, and it would have been QUITE odd if he had been killed off as part of the story, but he's suddenly back again during Wintersday.

Quintus Antonius
08-05-2006, 03:00
ah thanks guys, sometimes I think too deeply into the storyline of this game

the large number of plotholes and game inconsistencies in the game really annoy me, such as why were the Flameseeker Prophecies even made? :rolleyes:

I guess Guild Wars isn't known for its plot heh :tongue:

If you think deep enough, you should be able to find fillers for those plot holes. It's not that ANet didn't fill them, it's that they didn't indicate where the fillers are. That's why the Lore Forum exists.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the LF, and see if we can fill in those holes for you.