PDA

View Full Version : Rt tanking in UW/FoW?

Owoc
08-05-2006, 18:39
I've heard from very unofficial sources that recently Rt's have been looking for SS nukers in ToA for 2-man farming. This would obviously mean that the Rt tanks instead of a 55hp monk. Is it true? If yes, what builds are used for that?

cranialexodus
08-05-2006, 20:08
I suppose you've still got 55hp, but now you have a certain useful spirit to save your *** if PS gets shattered. And recuperation as a sort of mending. mo/rt would be more effective I should imagine anyway than rt/mo. Still, Go irits!

Geishe
08-05-2006, 23:22
I can totally see a 55 Rit/Mo with Vengeful Weapon, and Vengeful was Khanhei. You wouldn't even need healing breeze, as Both Vengeful's would heal far more than the damage inflicted upon you. As well, Both Vengeful Weapon And VwK is immune to strip enchants.

James XIII
09-05-2006, 03:51
um are u all forgetting that when u cast a item spell it is like u dont have your weapons equiped just try and see for yourselfs

Geishe
09-05-2006, 05:11
um are u all forgetting that when u cast a item spell it is like u dont have your weapons equiped just try and see for yourselfs

Um whats the problem with that? Both Vengeful triggers when someone attacks you, so why would I need my weapons equipped??? Thanks for reminding us, though.

Cambeul
09-05-2006, 05:57
The only thing you would have to worry about is not having more NRG, but I cannot remeber how much my Monk had farming anyway but it was not a Problem for me. I was thinking of using my Starter Armor to Farm, but not sure if I should get the Extra NRG one just to make sure I do not run out?

Geishe
09-05-2006, 06:02
The only thing you would have to worry about is not having more NRG, but I cannot remeber how much my Monk had farming anyway but it was not a Problem for me. I was thinking of using my Starter Armor to Farm, but not sure if I should get the Extra NRG one just to make sure I do not run out?
I dont think you will run out of energy... Youre still using the Monk secondary for the 55'ing. Balthazar's Spirit will provide all the energy you need. Apart from that, you only need to spam 5 energy every 3 seconds for Vengeful Weapon. Another 5 on top of the VwK, but basically energy shouldnt be a problem AT all.

BobbyEwing
09-05-2006, 07:07
Um whats the problem with that? Both Vengeful triggers when someone attacks you, so why would I need my weapons equipped??? Thanks for reminding us, though.

But your'e no longer 55hp when you drop that -50 cesta...

lavenbb
09-05-2006, 07:14
105 might work.. maybe you use spirit light weapon? I dont think it's khanhei coz otherwise they could've solo'ed, so the build might very well be an all out defensive one

Apollo Malachi
09-05-2006, 07:46
55 is ideal, but I did tons of solos with 105 hp (had the cesta, but was too poor for 2 of the monk super runes). Its not like 55 = success and 105 = instant death.

James XIII
09-05-2006, 18:54
TY Bobby I thought I was obvious but I guess I should spell it out next time, and Apollo you are right too I like this idea I was just looking to see if any1 has tried it yet

Geishe
09-05-2006, 20:55
55 is ideal, but I did tons of solos with 105 hp (had the cesta, but was too poor for 2 of the monk super runes). Its not like 55 = success and 105 = instant death.

10% of 105 is 11 damage. Both Vengefuls heal for more than 11 damage... so why would it be instant death? You get healed EACH time you get hit for +11 health.

I'll try it out when I can get my hand on the Sup communing rune. Can never find it on trader...

My bad on not expanding on this point from my last post.

Dei
10-05-2006, 06:05
Could you make liek a draft build for this? with weapon or w/e and skillz points?

Geishe
10-05-2006, 06:29
Could you make liek a draft build for this? with weapon or w/e and skillz points?

Search for 55/105 builds, and add in the Vengefuls. You wont have weapons due to Urn, so anything is fine. 16 restoration, 10 protection prayers, 8 Healing.