PDA

View Full Version : Best Ritualist armor type

Kjentei
09-05-2006, 04:22
I'm talking about the mods.

My own preference, for a Spiritualist:
Chest: +15 armor (while casting)
Legs: +15 armor (while casting)
Hands: +5 armor (if 1 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 2 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 3 or more spirits)
Feet: +5 armor (if 1 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 2 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 3 or more spirits)

For a Restoration Ritualist, I like this set-up:
Chest: + 3 max energy
Legs: + 2 max energy
Hands: +15 armor (if under the effects of a weapon spell)
Feet: + 15 armor (if under the effects of a weapon spell)

What armor mod set-ups do you guys use for your Ritualists?

Zain Inferno
09-05-2006, 04:24
for my spiritualist i have...

Chest: +5 armor (if 1 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 2 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 3 or more spirits)
Hands: + 1 max energy
Feet: + 1 max energy

SerenitySilverstar
09-05-2006, 04:37
I went for the full +energy Halcyon set on all pieces. I want as much energy as I can for casting spirits and minions, so I can pack those 25e spells with no worries.

Veron
09-05-2006, 04:38
I'm talking about the mods.

My own preference, for a Spiritualist:
Chest: +15 armor (while casting)
Legs: +15 armor (while casting)
Hands: +5 armor (if 1 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 2 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 3 or more spirits)
Feet: +5 armor (if 1 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 2 or more spirits), +5 armor (if 3 or more spirits)

For a Restoration Ritualist, I like this set-up:
Chest: + 3 max energy
Hands: +15 armor (if under the effects of a weapon spell)
Feet: + 15 armor (if under the effects of a weapon spell)

What armor mod set-ups do you guys use for your Ritualists?

I thought the armor bonuses weren't global? Wouldn't you rather have your armor bonus pieces on Chest and Legs rather than on hands and feet?

Dark Wolf
09-05-2006, 05:24
Considering all the mobs are on me, I'm using +15 armor (while casting), so I don't die in the process of trying to get a spell out. Unfortunatly, warriors don't tank and assassins are too busy ahead and leave us, casters, to deal with all the other mobs. My second choice was the extra energy but then I thought extra energy would be useless if I'm not alive to cast spells in the first place.

Sarision
09-05-2006, 05:38
I also went Halcyon for minions. The other armours don't appeal to me.

Kjentei
09-05-2006, 06:31
Veron :tongue: . I really have no idea about the global, non-global thing, but I do know that you want more armor for the Chest and Legs, and you want mods that'll affect the whole armor on the Hands and Feet.

About the Restoration one, I put the '+max energy' mods on the chest and legs, because I think +2 max energy (hands and feet) is not worth it, so it might as well be on the chest and legs to grant +5 max energy, which I think is worth it.

About the Spiritualist one, I put the '+15 amor while casting' on the chest and legs because if you have no spirits and you are in the middle of creating more and getting attacked, the already-there +15 is handy until you get those spirits up for the '+5 per spirit' mod, which will result in +15 once you're set up.

Apollo Malachi
09-05-2006, 07:34
I'm surprised no one has sported the +10 while carrying an item. I'm wearing that for chest and legs, with + energy hands and feet for a bit of an energy boost. The way I see it, I am not always casting, I don't always have spirits out, but I am ALWAYS carrying an item. Maybe some of you disagree, but the fact is that with Might was Vorizon and the armor, I have a constant 85 AL against everything... that makes for a tough ritualist.

necrothaftis
09-05-2006, 07:58
If the armor bonuses are global then it is better to equip only an armor piece "+15 to armor while using skills" at the hands or feet. But if it is not global then if you are getting hit then having the bonus at the feet or hand will not help since you are more probably going to get hit at the chest or legs.

Gorani
09-05-2006, 12:55
I'm surprised no one has sported the +10 while carrying an item. I'm wearing that for chest and legs, with + energy hands and feet for a bit of an energy boost. The way I see it, I am not always casting, I don't always have spirits out, but I am ALWAYS carrying an item. Maybe some of you disagree, but the fact is that with Might was Vorizon and the armor, I have a constant 85 AL against everything... that makes for a tough ritualist.

This is what I use, too. I carry an urn a lot.

the mighty drazgon
09-05-2006, 16:56
i personally use the mystics. basically cos i was buying off the imperial trader and there were 2 many enemies so i was rushing. it gives +...erm something armour whilst activating skills. i think its good as people dont wait for you to set spirits so you can be doing them in a middle of a fight. the extra armour there can b very useful. cast then run off. its proving quite useful

vinegar
09-05-2006, 21:35
i use +5 energy from chest and legs and +10 health from shoes and hands.. works fine for me as armor lvl60 is enough for me in general.

i also use this one because this way my armor is more flexible for all builds (with urns, spirits and weapon spells) and i think +2 energy from shoes and hands is worth less than +10 health..

Shrimp
09-05-2006, 21:48
Armor bonuses on hands and feet are a rather worthless, imo. Damage is localized, with each hit you take being randomly targeted at a certain piece of armor. I forget the exact prcentages but it's the area of 33% to hit the chest, 25% to hit the legs, and the other 3 at around the same percentage (except for targeted spells, which always hit the chest).

Basically, the chest and legs take far more of a beating than anything else, so +armor pieces are usually taken there, with +energy being relegated to hands and feet. Of course, +energy is scaled to hit percentage, so it's a trade off. Personally I go for the "don't get hit, period," mindset so I prefer +energy in all slots for pve. Pvp is another story, where you would be smart to go for those +armor pieces.

Psymun
09-05-2006, 21:56
I'm using straight +health gear. First, it's unconditional extra survival. Second, when I give away half my health to ressurect someone, it's nice for both of us to have a few more points during those next few seconds before heals start landing.

IHawkMike
10-05-2006, 20:02
I'm surprised that nobody has suggested the +15 armor while under a Weapon Spell. As a defensive spirit spammer who likes to use 2 superior runes, I bring Vital Weapon and keep it on myself at all times. +15 armor and +180 health sure is nice.

Lightow
10-05-2006, 20:44
I don't think many are taking full advantage of those spells yet as I have not yet seen many W/Rt (or vice versa). Give it time though. Just like blacksmiths in other games (hmmmm... Ragnarock) the Weapon-enchancing ritualist will shine soon eonugh!

IMO, +armor is nice in the right areas but I HATE it when I run out of energy so I usually go for the +energy or + energy regen. (Sry for the caps but I had to make a point somehow)

Eri
12-05-2006, 05:12
so for the shaman armor, is the +5 armor/per spirit out only aplied to that item slot...like say if I had the gloves I would only get the armor bonus to the glove slot?

Bilateralrope
12-05-2006, 11:28
As this (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=398435) thread shows, I'm still expermenting with various Rt builds to find out what I like. This means that I can't make any assumptions about my build, so I have to use general purpose armors. That rules out all the conditional +armor sets and only leaves +35 health or +7 energy (or a mixed set) as my options.

+35 hp is one, maybe two more hits you can take before dying, when I monk I found that if I let someone get their hp that low it was because I was having major trouble and that extra hp wouldn't of helped much. On my monk I found that +7 energy let me fire off a minimum of 3 more 5 energy spells before running out of energy due to energy regen.

Considering that some Rt builds have you holding urns, negating the energy from your weapons and lowering your energy from 10-5, I feel that the extra energy would be more useful.