PDA

View Full Version : factions install issues :(

hellspawnjesus
29-05-2006, 01:42
I just got a copy of guild wars factions ( i am btw totally new to both mmo's and guild wars) and when i try to install the game, it comes up with the 'connecting to arenanet' screen, and then just freezes.

I have tried disabling all firewalls, but eacch and every time i try, the loading bar at the bottom just freezes at the same point.
Help would be greatly appreciated because i totally want to freaking play... :cry:

thnx

Taxed
29-05-2006, 16:05
Hellspawn,
There are quite a few threads on this problem already. The bottom line is that this is a firewall/connection issue 100% of the time. Please keep in mind that even if you disable your firewall, it may still be blocking your connection to a-net.
To fix this problem, you need to determine what firewall is blocking your connection.
1) Connect to the internet without your router and test
2) Completely remove your software firewall with the manufacturers removal tool. (simply uninstalling it is not enough!)
3) Try to connect to GW, 99% chance this will work.

Now:
Reconnect your router and test again. (If it fails, it is the router causing the problem, if it works it was your windows firewall causing the problem)