PDA

View Full Version : Error 5?

Blitz Maiden
29-05-2006, 20:47
I've been trying to do Hell's Precipice for an hour, but several players can't get into the mission because of an error 5. Someone said the same thing was happening at Perdition Rock. Anet Please help!!! :cry:

Crimson Lime
29-05-2006, 20:51
I've been getting that too. Every time I try and get into Kaineng Center it gives me it.

Mirali Sanova
29-05-2006, 20:51
It's happening everywhere, ANet is highly unlikely to do anything about it until after the holiday, and this thread is probably going to be merged with the other Error 5 thread which got moved to the technical issues forum.

Majosea
29-05-2006, 20:55
switched to European servers, no problems there, just American servers

Frome Reaper
29-05-2006, 20:56
Seems like quite a few people have this problem.

isthisnameinuse
29-05-2006, 21:28
Yea, my account is stuck on this down server aswell. Sucks to, cause my friend and I can finaly hookup to play. Oh well such is life. To bad accounts are not stored localy and not server dependent. My wifes account, which uses the same internet connection, is stored on a different server, so she can play too, but I'm left in the cold.

I wrote them an email, but its Memorial Day, no body is home....
Hello, I'm trying to connect to guild wars. I just connected days ago and played for a short bit. I can connect to the log on screen and select my character but the zone wont load. Bergen hot springs stays at 0%. After a minuite or so a server error displays saying error=005 with IP address 216.107.241.84:6112. On my 2nd computer, with another account, but SAME internet connection can connect and log into Ring Of Fire. I try to load my account that isn't working using that computer and it locks up. So does this mean the server which is holding my account is down? My friend whom I am trying to play with can also connect. Please fix this ASAP, however when it is resolved, my firend wont be able to play for another few weeks anyway. Please move my character info to a 24/7 server, or allow account info to be stored localy and encripted. It's crazy that of all the days of the year and my friend and I can finaly hook up to play, my account info is stranded in limbo.

Zion Farbow
29-05-2006, 21:39
yikes this sucks..error 5 FTL!! :O

neoteo
29-05-2006, 21:48
ahh , its a american holyday ... pufff , that explains the game is full of people

Chthon
29-05-2006, 21:52
Yea, my account is stuck on this down server aswell. Sucks to, cause my friend and I can finaly hookup to play. Oh well such is life. To bad accounts are not stored localy and not server dependent. My wifes account, which uses the same internet connection, is stored on a different server, so she can play too, but I'm left in the cold.

I wrote them an email, but its Memorial Day, no body is home....
Hello, I'm trying to connect to guild wars. I just connected days ago and played for a short bit. I can connect to the log on screen and select my character but the zone wont load. Bergen hot springs stays at 0%. After a minuite or so a server error displays saying error=005 with IP address 216.107.241.84:6112. On my 2nd computer, with another account, but SAME internet connection can connect and log into Ring Of Fire. I try to load my account that isn't working using that computer and it locks up. So does this mean the server which is holding my account is down? My friend whom I am trying to play with can also connect. Please fix this ASAP, however when it is resolved, my firend wont be able to play for another few weeks anyway. Please move my character info to a 24/7 server, or allow account info to be stored localy and encripted. It's crazy that of all the days of the year and my friend and I can finaly hook up to play, my account info is stranded in limbo.

Hint: the choice of logging into the down server is stored in GW.dat. Replace your GW.dat with your wife's. You'll be back up in no time.

DarkSoulX
29-05-2006, 22:15
Heh seems like everyone got it :(. Damn seems like no GvG for me tonight.....

isthisnameinuse
29-05-2006, 22:22
Hint: the choice of logging into the down server is stored in GW.dat. Replace your GW.dat with your wife's. You'll be back up in no time.

Yea, I tried to play my account from her computer (she can play her account just fine.) but got as far as the town loading screen after you chose your character. It sat at 0% then timed out. I just now copied her dat file over mine, mine was 1.7gbs, hers is 1.5gbs. Still didnt work, so I deleted them and let the client download a new dat file. After 80mbs it logged in to character selection. I chose a character and the game continued to download the town data but wouldnt connect to my game data. I posted a screen shot. Boy I hope this doesn't mean my account is bad or corrupted.

http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/9734/gwloading3xq.th.jpg (http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwloading3xq.jpg)

isthisnameinuse
30-05-2006, 13:34
Wow I guess those guys never take a day off. I was able to logon and play at around 6pm, and all my stuff is still intact. Yay!

ares416
30-05-2006, 18:47
Yea, I was able to play about 30 mins after I posted. If this was a server issue that was fixed, hurray for ANET!!! :laugh:

Very impressive to have something fixed so fast on a holiday...

Orlandomir Zang
02-06-2006, 18:39
Not fixed guys, its just started happening to me. Trying to get my factions elementalist from seitung harbour to kaineng city but im getting that message every time. And im on a europian server too. Maybe its just transferred to europe from america...

RebelLeader
02-06-2006, 18:48
Not fixed guys, its just started happening to me. Trying to get my factions elementalist from seitung harbour to kaineng city but im getting that message every time. And im on a europian server too. Maybe its just transferred to europe from america...

likewise orlandomir. This happened to me EXACTLY when i received the new patch at 12:26 EST. I got an error 7 first followed by an error 5 every time I tried to log into any of my characters or create a character. IVe been reading forums and it happened alot in heroes ascent which is where it happened to me. Anet please get me back into the game :).

Tawn
03-06-2006, 00:46
I'm on an American server...new patch and 20 minutes later BAM, error 7 then error 5s.