PDA

View Full Version : My Warroir/Ranger

Evennia Starlight
04-06-2006, 14:56
I need help!Big time.

everytime i go out of the safety of the outposts i die at least once even if im trying my hardest and with a full group(henchies and PVE) is something wrong with my build. I tell you about my warroir... Her name is Faith Kartigan and she is a Warroir/Ranger she has droks armor and she has 15k granite citadel armor. She is lvl 20 and ascended (darn doppleganger!) both of her armors are infused. Her build is 1.Sprint,2.Galrath Slash,3.Sever Artery,4.Gash,5.I Will Avenge You,6.Signet of Capture,7.Charm Animal,8.Troll Ugent.

Please help me!!:weep: pretty soon ill go insane!:banghead: :hang::dizzy: I have died more than 1000 times and i have only had her for a year

Goldfish God
04-06-2006, 15:15
I need help!Big time.

everytime i go out of the safety of the outposts i die at least once even if im trying my hardest and with a full group(henchies and PVE) is something wrong with my build. I tell you about my warroir... Her name is Faith Kartigan and she is a Warroir/Ranger she has droks armor and she has 15k granite citadel armor. She is lvl 20 and ascended (darn doppleganger!) both of her armors are infused. Her build is 1.Sprint,2.Galrath Slash,3.Sever Artery,4.Gash,5.I Will Avenge You,6.Signet of Capture,7.Charm Animal,8.Troll Ugent.

Please help me!!:weep: pretty soon ill go insane! I have died more than 1000 times and i have only had her for a year
well, the game has only been around about 1 year. :rolleyes:

It kinda looks like you're running a PvP build in PvE (IWAY with pet). Signet of Capture is one skill you don't need, just equip it when u have a specific boss you want to cap (find locations on the internet or note down locations when u see them in game), swap it for some form of ressurection (signet since you're w/r). Drop IWAY for something else, it's only going to be of use if someone's dead, and you really don't want people dying anyway.

If u'r putting points in BM for your pet you're spreading a bit thin for only 1 skill and not even bringing a pet-rez. Drop the pet and put the points somewhere else, maybe replace it with endure/defy pain for better survivability.

Statwise there is no different between drok & granite armour.

ltvarney
04-06-2006, 17:18
I imagine your main problem is not using self-heals when you should, the henchies you take, and the way you handle the battles. It could also be the monks you get in your PuGs. At any rate I'll share with you what I've found to be an effective way to play using hench teams when your primary character is warrior and/or secondary is ranger. I just go with PuGs when I'm bored now, because this works so well.

Here's the build I run with hench teams. Only time I drop is when cleaning out Perdition sometimes when the aggro gets out of hand. I've cleared out most of Cantha, including Arborstone numerous times, so far with hench teams using this. I also did the Eternal Grove mish successfully using this with hench. Just for kicks I also owned all the Master of's on the Isle of the Nameless.

Tiger's Fury
Eviscerate
Pen Chop
Pen Blow
Executioner
Furious Axe
Troll Unguent / Watch Yourself
Healing Spring / Heal Sig

Str 9
Axe 15
Beast Mastery 9 / BM 8
Wilderness Surv 8 / Tacs 10

*Strategy*

Equipment: 90+10 armor, Sup Absorb/Vigor/Weapon, Minor Str/Tactics runes. Helm = weapon helm. I keep the Sup Weapon runes on my helms for easy build changing. Take a bow, any longbow. As for your main weapon, run a zealous of fortitude. Also take an elemental of fortitude to use against tanks if needed, like bosses etc. Use a shield +45 -2 stance req 9 str. Have a +60 -3 when hexed on hand to switch over to and throw up Troll Unguent when you first get hit with mass degen hexes. Also keep a Denravi Lt. anti-hex helm on hand for those huge degen maps you'll run into.

Team: Have at least one tank on your team, I prefer Little Thom or Lukas. Devona doesn't have a shield so her armor sucks. Stefan seems to die too often. Don't take assasin henchies, they don't play the profession properly. Don't take necros that sacrifice life, they do it at the wrong times. Make sure you take a nuker and 2 healers.

Battle: Shoot the closest target to initiate aggro and send the tank in unless their healer is within range. The caster/archer henchies will continue to swarm around you during this time. Fire off a Healing Spring before or after your first shot to get them through the initial spike. When any of them are getting ganged up on run over to them and throw up another spring.

Eventually the enemy tanks will charge your ranks and try to cut your casters down. Change over to your zealous axe, throw up Tiger's Fury, and try to body block one and stomp on them. You'll already have adrenaline built up from shooting the bow. Once their tanks die, charge in and cut down the rest, throwing up a healing spring first if necessary.

If there are no tanks on the opposing side, just keep shooting your bow until you feel it's safe to charge into battle which will as usual, drag the henchies along with you.

*Comments*

I see you are a sword war. Just toss in your most dmg-dealing sword attacks in place of the axe attacks and give it a try. You can also run Tactics instead of Wilderness Survival and take Heal Sig and 'Watch Yourself', and hit 'Watch Yourself' to cover your caster henches before you fire off TF. You might find it useful to bump BM down to 8 and dump the rest into Tacs if you go that route. Make sure you take a zealous weapon, you can't keep the healing springs or TF up without it. I don't use a zealous bow, and don't usually take rez with hench teams, but it might help in some cases. If degen is really getting you down (seems to be my only weakness), swap Eviscerate for Melandru's Resilience. MR and TU are how I stay alive on huge degen maps and I sometimes take both into RA.

Evennia Starlight
04-06-2006, 19:45
ok tnx alot
i will try both of these builds