PDA

View Full Version : ts / vent

IAMANEL
15-06-2006, 16:08
Team speak and ventrillo seem to be mentioned alot

but why doesn't anyone ever mention skype?

it is just as good if not better imo since you can still have about 8-9 ppl chatting but without having to press anything to do it like a big ole confrence call.

sorry just wondering

Propater
15-06-2006, 16:46
without having to press anything

What do you mean? There is a voice activation option in TS and Vent too.

I never used Skype so I wouldnt know what advantage/disadvantage it has.

The only one I can imagine is that once you have a TS/Vent server its easier to get strangers all together with a minimum amount of information. (an url and a pass.) It also acts as an "hang-out" for guilds or groups of friends.

Administration might be easier too.

IAMANEL
15-06-2006, 17:10
it about the same as far as i can remember when i beta tested skype all those years ago.

its a bit like an msn hybrid but with better talking capabilities.

problem is once you have it it does kind of make skype essiential for the game even pve or just dossing, since you will allways have friends to chat too and if you dont it gets scaryily emo and lonely.

IAMANEL
15-06-2006, 17:11
Avoid Skype People Stick To Vent And Ts

Skype Is Evil!!!!!!

Aiiane
15-06-2006, 17:16
That's.... quite a turnaround, IAMANEL (and a double post, too, which is generally frowned upon - use the edit button if you've posted in the last hour with no posts after you :smiley:).

I'm curious as to what caused the sudden change of opinion. :wink:

IAMANEL
15-06-2006, 17:27
That's.... quite a turnaround, IAMANEL (and a double post, too, which is generally frowned upon - use the edit button if you've posted in the last hour with no posts after you :smiley:).

I'm curious as to what caused the sudden change of opinion. :wink:

was exagger-mor-rating really but skype is actually quite evil thinking about it.

i dont like playing the game or any other mmorpg without being able to chat to people these days it's like a big scary club and take online community to a whole new level.

Parker Bsb
15-06-2006, 17:33
I'm thinking there is no use for this thread ... but I'll leave it open a bit longer incase there's some intelligent discussion on skype vs ts vs vent

(I've never used skype so I dunno if it's even a fair comparison - seems not to be tho...)

IAMANEL
15-06-2006, 17:37
no skype is actually a really good program

it just gets very social as well.

i prefferd it when i used to pvp in other games, since it is one less button you ned to press while running away and getting killed for being rubbish.

give it a try and see what you think

Propater
15-06-2006, 17:53
Either there are two people posting as Imanael or you realy need help.

You seem rather emotional too.

And what is that stuff about the button?

IAMANEL
15-06-2006, 17:56
Either there are two people posting as Imanael or you realy need help.

You seem rather emotional too.

And what is that stuff about the button?

dont you have to press somthing to have people hear you speak in ts and vent?

and braver people have tried to help me and failed.....
:cry:
emo ftw!

Propater
15-06-2006, 18:12
:cry:
emo ftw!

Imanael, I love you. :smiley:

By default TS use a "push to talk option" but a simple radio button in Settings allow you to change that to "voice activation." So, no need to press any button. :cool:

Vent's default is voice activation.

garidanthefighter
15-06-2006, 22:25
I always thought TS's default was voice activation like vent, but it's been awhile since I first dled it, and I never use it anyway, so I wouldn't exactly know anymore :/.

IAMANEL
16-06-2006, 14:16
Imanael, I love you. :smiley:

By default TS use a "push to talk option" but a simple radio button in Settings allow you to change that to "voice activation." So, no need to press any button. :cool:

Vent's default is voice activation.

never knew that thank you....

i'll shut up now!

serves me right for trying to sound clever.

rite now i'll shut up

Wet One
16-06-2006, 20:46
only thing i remember skype being used for is Adrian calling LFG FOR HoH

ARE YOU NUB? YOUR NUB! What rank!

HAHAHA

Cause you can skype onto vent ;)