PDA

View Full Version : Naphui Quarter and the Tak...Temple Master's Reward, Need Strategy

Lungshen
19-06-2006, 16:52
I am 11/13 to get my protector title....These two missions the Naphui quarter and the tak temple (forget how to spell it..) are the most difficult one to reach master reward. I must have tried 10 times yesterday on each mission with master's group and no luck. Can anyone share their strategy on how to beat these two missions on master level?

For Naphui, I think the time limit is 25min, for the Temple it is 20 Min (which is nearly impossible.....), the closet time I can get on the Temple mission so far was 20:50, which I almost banged my head and smash the screen after the mission, and always someone who didn't skip and made me watch the end cut scene again....arghhhh!!

Aiko
19-06-2006, 17:10
You may need to do the split group option for Naphui, 2 groups of 4 after separate bosses. As for Temple, well I just finished it at masters about an hour ago and our group was insanely strong, really you just have to have extremely strong healers and just hammer hard. AE defenses really help, like healing seed or similar.

We finished in like 19:45 and I can only think of maybe 30secs-1min that we might have shaved off that time.

Caddykins
19-06-2006, 19:33
For the split groups for Nahpui, which bosses do the two groups tackle?

Lungshen
19-06-2006, 20:11
You may need to do the split group option for Naphui, 2 groups of 4 after separate bosses. As for Temple, well I just finished it at masters about an hour ago and our group was insanely strong, really you just have to have extremely strong healers and just hammer hard. AE defenses really help, like healing seed or similar.

We finished in like 19:45 and I can only think of maybe 30secs-1min that we might have shaved off that time.

I have seen people doing the split the group thing, which doesn't make sense to me. One time, this leader tried to do this, and get his *** laughed at other team members and they don't listen. End up still going thru the same portal anyway. How can a group of four take out two bosses? The celestials don't respawn if you do the split group thing? Please explain a little more on your strategy.

Also, can you please suggest what professions makes a strong team for the temple mission? MM, Nuker?

Aiko
20-06-2006, 03:02
I have seen people doing the split the group thing, which doesn't make sense to me. One time, this leader tried to do this, and get his *** laughed at other team members and they don't listen. End up still going thru the same portal anyway. How can a group of four take out two bosses? The celestials don't respawn if you do the split group thing? Please explain a little more on your strategy.

Also, can you please suggest what professions makes a strong team for the temple mission? MM, Nuker?

You will need to assemble a group of non-retards who are willing to listen to orders to do it. If they won't even listen then they are too stupid to succeed at doing it anyway. Basically you need to be good enough to fight each boss with just 4 people. You realistically need 2 warriors + 2 monks + 4 of anything else, though someone with good interrupts helps. 4 go after dragon + phoenix (the hard run) and 4 go after turtle + kirin (easy run). You will need a prot monk or a very very good healer to survive Tahmu (dragon). You will also probably need to make sure everyone's sorted correctly for skills as it doesn't leave much room for error.

I've killed every boss in Nap with just A/Mo (that's me) + Talon + Sister Tai + Jamei so unless your team are very weak then you should be able to do it fine with human players.

For temple our team was 2 W/Mo + 2 Mo/Me + A/Mo (me) + MM + E/Me + R/Wa

Scutilla
20-06-2006, 07:28
For Nahpui, try this thread (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=399811) and this one (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=404097).

For Tahnnakai, a good leader is key. The leader needs to know what mobs move when, what groups can be avoided, and so on. Some groups you can pull and pick off a few at a time, others charge at you all at once, and you need to know the difference.

A strong offense is best, since you need to plow through as quick as possible. A minion master helps a lot, as do nuker eles. And of course, good tanks, since a lot of the mobs that charge at you will go straight for the back lines.

I beat Tahnnakai with just over 20 minutes left on the countdown, I had 18 minutes and something seconds for the mission time. I presume that the cutoff is 20 minutes, which would be about 18 minutes left on the "time til Shiro possesses Vizu" clock.

Seef II
20-06-2006, 07:53
Nahpui: 4 boon prots and 4 warriors, one pair of each takes a boss. Synchronize killing the bosses - not recommended for pugs. A 4-4 split would be a little more doable (GvG split squad team perhaps).

Tahnnakai: Scutilla's got it down.

Primeval
20-06-2006, 08:20
Got master reward without splitting in nahpui quarter.

Tahnnakai temple with 18mins.

All you need is a helluva lot of firepower, two nukers, ss, mm, tank and so on. It is not so hard.

Lensor
20-06-2006, 09:26
I also got master witout splitting. On both missions I would make sure the following is true before starting:

Make sure everyone know that you are going for master before you enter mission. That means that all know and accept that there will be no regen, no picking up loot, no opening chests, and in the case of the temple, no complete clearing of the last room (only clear what is absolutely needed to get to the centre). Actually, for masters groups, it is not a bad idea to have a Leeroy in the group, making sure everyone pushes on with minimal downtime.:laugh:

Choose firepower over safety. Anything that can do a lot of damage really. 2 protectors/healers is enough (1 monk + 1 spirit spammer rit is ideal).

Make sure that you have at least one person that know exactly where to go and what to do, and make sure everyone is going to listen to that person.

It may also be a good idea to get a team that can agree beforehand that you will restart if something happens that will cost you the master (maybe someone drop etc). It is never fun joining a master group that is too slow and then dont be able to restart due to someone wanting the mission. ( I never have the concience to ditch ppl, even though it was a self-proclaimed masters only group).

Zaxares
20-06-2006, 09:42
Check the threads Scutilla gave for good advice for Nahpui Quarter.

For Tahnnakai Temple, I can give 3 very important recommendations:

1. Bring a MM

2. Bring an EoE ranger

3. Bring a "Charge!" warrior

I usually beat Tahnnakai Temple with an average of 16 - 18 mins when the above 3 conditions are satisfied. As Scutilla mentioned, it's also highly recommended that you have a good leader who knows which mobs to engage, which can be pulled and which can be left alone.

deya
20-06-2006, 10:09
Hands down. Henched them both with my SS Necro - Master Rewards.

MM would be a help also, meat wall against nasty exploding afflicted DOES hurt. :)

Lady Rhonwyn
20-06-2006, 10:44
What was the Temple mission? I finished it first time, masters with a pug, so I can't really remember it...

One thing I know, a group that knows how to work together is key to getting masters, on any mission.

I've tried Nahpui several times before mastering it, and now my monk needs to do it... /sigh

Ice Queen
20-06-2006, 19:57
Temple mission is the one where you have all the 'Heros of Cantha' being controlled and attacking you (with Vizu running away from Shiro in the opening cutscene).

Managed it last night with a PUG very similar to Aiko's. What really helped was the 2 Wammos we had where Stereotypical! i.e. they charged straight in aggroed the lot and didn't give you any time to recharge energy. Worked quite well in the end as we managed to get complete in 19:45! First time I was actually appreciative of the stereotypical Wammo behaviour and I was playing as a monk! (although it has to be said, those 2 wammos where pretty darn good and practically totally self sufficient as well).

I've a feeling that we even had a henchie healer although I might be getting confused with the other missions that I did last night.

Sinterklaas
20-06-2006, 20:35
I've a feeling that we even had a henchie healer although I might be getting confused with the other missions that I did last night.

You go with Mhenlo trough the mission..he really does help with healing. I remember that i had to monk this mission on my own when our other monk dropped after the second hero. No way we got master reward. But i think that you don't need 2 Healers for this mission. As Icequeen said. I think if you are able to get 2 self reliant good WaMo tanks which really know what they are doing (prefferably guildies) the Temple shouldn't be a problem. only part where i got probs was against the Eleboss who's using sliver armour. If you don't want to wait like 15 secs..which can cost you the masters ;) you're highly recomended to bring an enchant removal. Backing up isn't an option aswell...he just rushes your backline..and Mhenlo and Togo are to stupid to run away on time.

Aiko
21-06-2006, 03:50
Well a friend and I redid Naphui last night in non-split mode and got Masters with the two of us (A/Mo & Me/Ele) + 6 henchies. We had Talon, Devona, Jamei, Sister Tai, Kai Ying and Eve. Kai Ying is great because he stands right next to the healers and uses Ward. Eve is great because she's a walking Energy battery for the NPC healers and her vampiric spells are useful as follows.

The biggest thing that will slow you down is the fact that the Star Sentinels use an evasive stance that cuts your DPS down to nothing from your melees. Talon actually dishes out quite a lot of damage and if he's not hitting it hurts (same for me as an Assassin).

So with this in mind our basic tactic is that the rest of the group are killing everything else the Mesmer brings a 100% anti-melee/DPS build to slaughter the Sentinels while the rest of the group kills everything else. By the time we are finished with all the Lights, Blades and Celestials the Sentinels are all dead and we push on. A Curses/Blood necro or a DPS Ele would also work just as well, anything that can do good degen/single hit non-melee damage to the Sentinels.

We went Kirin - Turtle - Dragon - Phoenix, the pulls just seem to work better that way. When in any particular fight with mini-Celestials our order of killing is Kirin-Phoenix-Dragon-Lights-Blades-Turtles-Sentinels. This may seem odd but the turtles are a pain to kill because they use Grenth's balance and aren't much of a threat if you leave them alone until the whole party can hammer down on them without distraction.

As an after-party we then went and got Masters on Raisu Palace with 6 henchies and a very similar build again but with our mesmer focusing on caster killing instead of melee and swapping out Eve for Deaman.

DivineEnvoy
21-06-2006, 05:55
Nahpui is straight forward, go from right side, then do the mission normally for the first 3 bosses. By the time you get to the last boss, focus all the damage on the boss, I would suggest degens.
Temple is a tough one. You have to rush it, anyone in your team who goes "Oh lets pull" or "dont agroo too much, thats newb" is a sign of failure. Do as much aoe damage as you can, agroo as much as you can, you are in for master reward, not mission completion.
Here is my build for temple:
Breath of fire, Bed of coral, inferno, lava font, flame burst, elemental attunement, fire attunement.
I manage to do 200 damage per second with this build, I died a few times since I was in the front most the time. But it was worth it(completed in 19:30).
Good luck on your title.

Malhavoc Adhamar
21-06-2006, 08:55
For Nahpui head through the kirin boss portal and head up to him. Kill him then head back to the teleporter then head down to the turtle's teleporter then head cross the rooftops to him. Follow the path around the outside of the map (the usual path taken) to the dragon. Kill the dragon then head up, across, and down to the phoenix.

The last route will avoid alot of the traffic mobs since only the star fragment critters spawn on that route (except the last couple). Once GW is back up I'll get a map of the area and show the route.

Temple I can't help you with since I still need masters myself.

DuncanIdaho
21-06-2006, 10:26
For Nahpui : i've completed it as a MM and seven henchmen. So my guess is, bring a MM and whatever you want. Follow the path indicated by guildwiki (I know, no link), basically start with the Kirin, then Turtle, Dragon and Phenix.

For Thannakai, i'd say bring both one MM and one Echo/SS necro : monsters if pulled correctly stay stacked in groups. Same other advice as Zaxares, even if Charge is not compulsory if you know the map well

Lafayette
21-06-2006, 11:37
My ele's group finished Temple in 15:49 (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/Lafayette17/gw168.jpg) on her first time through. We were all focusing on getting Masters so we didn't stop to pause: we just kept pushing on and forced the monks (and other casters) to recover their energy when they could. That was okay with the monks though, they were the ones 'pushing' the hardest. We had a few wammos and an mm, though no ss or second ele.

My necro made it to Masters as an mm with a guildie as ss and the rest henchmen. Not as quick, but quick enough. Mass damage is, obviously, very useful. :tongue:

On Nahpui the PUG my monk was with didn't try to go too fast, but we were always well aware of our time -- thanks to time spammers -- and never got behind. We made it with half a minute or so to spare. From memory, we fought the bosses in this order: mesmer, ele, necro, monk. Finding a coordinated and competent group mattered more for me than having the right profession mixes. And I don't think we had an mm for this one.

Lungshen
22-06-2006, 16:13
Wow, I didn't expect so much people sharing their strategy, Thank you Guys!
I got into a very good group Tuesday night and got the master reward on the Temple mission. I was leading the team of MM, Nunker and Rit. Those 3 combination provides a lot of fire power from behind and I just do what I and good, body block the mob and hold the front line. It was really fun, and we killed very fast. Beat in it 18:20 min. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! (I am so happy that I am going to cry!)

Still no luck on the Naphui mission, the closet I get was 25:12, darn it, 12 seconds short. We went all out on the final boss and just ignore the spawns....

Well, I will try it again.

Lungshen
22-06-2006, 16:16
For Nahpui head through the kirin boss portal and head up to him. Kill him then head back to the teleporter then head down to the turtle's teleporter then head cross the rooftops to him. Follow the path around the outside of the map (the usual path taken) to the dragon. Kill the dragon then head up, across, and down to the phoenix.

The last route will avoid alot of the traffic mobs since only the star fragment critters spawn on that route (except the last couple). Once GW is back up I'll get a map of the area and show the route.

Temple I can't help you with since I still need masters myself.

I am a little lost when you say kill the boss and then back to the teleporter?

If you can post your route that will be great. Thanks in Advance

BrutusV
22-06-2006, 16:33
I completed temple master's too, that just needed a lot of fire power. In Vizu's room just take a left and clear that 1 group of temple guardians and ignore the rest.

I haven't been able to get Naphui masters myself - can I join someone's group if they're attempting it? I have never gotten masters in that mission for any of my characters :laugh:

zweistein
22-06-2006, 18:11
For Napui masters, we simply followed Mess-Ele-Necr-Monk path, you just have to hit hard and keep moving.

If you kill monk 1st and then turtle you are slowed down because kiring heals and turles will be stealing bodies from MM, plus they have strong self heals..., but Messmers and Eles dont do anyting to slow you down, except killing em...

DJRoar
24-06-2006, 10:46
Temple, trick here is to force an extra cut scene when you get to the Elementist Boss ( thats the red dragon ), we ran a ranger straight up the stairs through all the enemy to the portal, this forced an extra cutscene. I think you have to wait till the end of cutscene until the Tengu ( thats a Bird ) closes the gate to prevent all those bad monsters from getting into the courtyard.

Also when it comes to killing the boss that gaurds the main gate that leads into the final room of the palace ( Ritualist or Assasin " can't remember which it is? ) where Shiro and the Emperor are, get the WHOLE group to run down to him and kill him. This will force the cutscene so you don't have to worry about the rest of the enemy once the boss is dead.

In the final room kill the one enemy group between you and Shiro, I think the main boss to kill here is the Ritualist.

Main points to observe on this mission is heavy firepower, two good monks ( one Healer and one Protection ) Any Heal and Protection spells for whole Party should be taken ( Heal Party, Aegis ).
A Minion Master ( MM ) is a should have here, Monks must help MM to stay alive and help with healing the minions after each fight.
Karei's Healing Circle is best for this part.
And lastly you need people that are going to listen to your commands, this I know is the hard part. Therefore I suggest that you are team leader, then you can kick any "gumboots" or "cowboys" that don't listen or work as a team

Confusion of Minds
25-06-2006, 02:03
Check the threads Scutilla gave for good advice for Nahpui Quarter.

For Tahnnakai Temple, I can give 3 very important recommendations:

1. Bring a MM

2. Bring an EoE ranger

3. Bring a "Charge!" warrior

Well I don't think a MM is gonna thank the ranger for bringing EoE.

Zaxares
26-06-2006, 06:22
Well I don't think a MM is gonna thank the ranger for bringing EoE.

I was the MM when I tried out my strategy and to be honest, I didn't notice very many of my minions dying at all. (Then again, I regularly spammed BotM so that might have prevented them from dying)

Katscratched
04-07-2006, 14:12
For Napui masters, we simply followed Mess-Ele-Necr-Monk path, you just have to hit hard and keep moving.

If you kill monk 1st and then turtle you are slowed down because kiring heals and turles will be stealing bodies from MM, plus they have strong self heals..., but Messmers and Eles dont do anyting to slow you down, except killing em...

Kaijun Don, the Kirin boss, is NOT a healing monk type, he's smiting. And he's really not all that dangerous. Hai Jii (the Phoenix) is the one I'd leave till last. He uses Lyssa's Aura (Elite), Leech Signet, Ether Feast, and Conjure Phantasm. The latter is definately a big bad, and makes life a lot harder on your monks.

Nathardia
04-07-2006, 14:31
Nahpui Masters? Just henchway. It's cake. Start with the Mesmer boss, then the Ele and the Necro and take the Monk boss last. When you reach the last boss, Kaijun, go straight after him (since the mission ends as soon you kill him). :wink:

Mistress Jakira
05-07-2006, 01:04
You will need a prot monk or a very very good healer to survive Tahmu (dragon).
Or a good interrupter. I pretty much shut him down with my Ranger. No masters yet though. None on Tahnnakai either. Actually I only have one sword on all the city missions right now, lol. I haven't been back to them since my first time through (when I was still trying to figure out what to do to finish) and I really..just hate the city. Interrupts will save you in Nahpui and you might actually have time for them if you go the split-group route.

GADefence
05-07-2006, 04:21
I am 11/13 to get my protector title....These two missions the Naphui quarter and the tak temple (forget how to spell it..) are the most difficult one to reach master reward. I must have tried 10 times yesterday on each mission with master's group and no luck. Can anyone share their strategy on how to beat these two missions on master level?

For Naphui, I think the time limit is 25min, for the Temple it is 20 Min (which is nearly impossible.....), the closet time I can get on the Temple mission so far was 20:50, which I almost banged my head and smash the screen after the mission, and always someone who didn't skip and made me watch the end cut scene again....arghhhh!!

You do realize the timer stops during a cutscene, right?

Lungshen
05-07-2006, 17:47
Thanks for Advice all. I got my protector title long ago with my warrior. And I beat this misson master with my monk as well. How I get this master? I was the leader on both character and formed a bonus team with MM and Rit and Nuker and of course 2 monks. Spend about 10 mins explain the strategy to the group like whole bunch of two years old before I hit enter mission. I found it easier to beat the mission at master if you are the leader, because most of the time those PUG don't know squat on what to do. We go for the Kirin boss the last. Told your MM to watch aggro when you get to the second boss around the corner to avoid unneccessary aggro. When we get to the last boss there are still 4 mins left on timer. I was calling targets and told the group went all out on the boss and ignore the rest of the mob, just concentrate fire on the kirin boss, the boss went down in less than 30 secs and we beat the masters with 2 mins left, that must be my own record! Bottom line is, it really helps when everyone listened and co-operate and keep the communication line open before jump into mission.

BrutusV
05-07-2006, 17:57
Nahpui Masters? Just henchway. It's cake. Start with the Mesmer boss, then the Ele and the Necro and take the Monk boss last. When you reach the last boss, Kaijun, go straight after him (since the mission ends as soon you kill him). :wink:

What profession were you playing and which henchies do you take? I find henchies don't seem to do damage as fast as human groups, although the upside is they concentrate fire and don't linger around chests...

Alexia of Durham
06-07-2006, 04:54
for temple : mm('s ) and an echo nuker will do the job - good interrupter also comes in handy -mesmer or ranger . You have the warriors doing the blocking so the nuker(s) can shower the pack of foes .It goes incredible fast that way ,because every corpse produces minion /flesh golem .

If you do it right you need one monk only as he/she will concentrate on healing warriors ,the rest of team should be behind that front-line .When in doubt take one monk+ one communing /restoration ritualist .In my opinion this is usually a better setup - for any mission- than two monks .

galad
06-07-2006, 05:51

You should actually take monk boss first, he is a smiting monk along with his essences and not very good one either, in fact he and his essences can almost totally be ignored since they mainly tickle a little. Mesmer boss and his essences are much more dangerous.

rkubik
25-07-2006, 00:04
The key with temple is the communication of the group. I was the tank and I told them flat out I would not be pulling and aggoeing ALOT so be prepared. They were cool with that. We had one tank (me), MM, two monks and the rest were nukers. We finished in 18:30 minutes. Too me this mission is so much fun similar to Viz square because the pace is very intense. Nai Quarter is my last to master and I have yet to find a competant PUG too many people that say they want to master it but don't really know the strategy or how the mission works. You really can't pull because once you do everything regens and you have to fight everything again. I also get crappy drops so I pretty much hate this mission.:cry: