PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Torndevil
22-06-2006, 18:31
Recently I've been playing GW. I was looking into buying the factions version. I had only the GW trial that my friend set me up with.

My question is. Is GW Factions a full game or do I need the first one to install the Factions version? Also is factions much better then Prophecies?

Xandlyn
22-06-2006, 18:38
If you already have GW installed in your computer then you pretty much already have factions installed. You just need to add the factions key into the computer and you willl have access to the factions side of the game. You will more then likely just get a few loading screens when entering a new area...which should be expected.

As for factions being better then prophecies that is a matter of opinion. Personally I don't care for factions as much as prophecies. The game was too fast for me. Prophecies was nice and it was at a slow pace. Don't get me wrong I still play in factions occasionally...but the game is just to fast pace for my tastes. Other people will have different views on the game.

Auntie I
22-06-2006, 18:40
Recently I've been playing GW. I was looking into buying the factions version. I had only the GW trial that my friend set me up with.

My question is. Is GW Factions a full game or do I need the first one to install the Factions version? Also is factions much better then Prophecies?
First, Welcome to GW Online.

Now, to your questions.
You do not need the original Guild Wars to run Guild Wars: Factions. Factions is a stand alone game. Just add the key you get when you buy Factions to your account at the Guild Wars login screen and you're good to go. Note: because you're access to Prophecies (the original GW) is only a trial, adding the factions key will not work for the areas you have been playing in(Tyria). You will need to purchase the original Guild Wars campaign to have permanent access to Tyria.

Which is better? I can't answer that, it's a personal thing. I like and own both. They are different but one isn't "better" than the other in my opinion.

Torndevil
22-06-2006, 18:44
Ok, I've uninstalled the client I d/led from guildwars website for my trial...Because I figured I needed to buy the game that comes with cd and access key. So will I be fine if I buy the factions game and install it based on that cd? Also if I have activated a factions account can I later on down the road decide to buy prophecies and add that access key to the game also?

Aretelio
22-06-2006, 18:53
Ok, I've uninstalled the client I d/led from guildwars website for my trial...Because I figured I needed to buy the game that comes with cd and access key. So will I be fine if I buy the factions game and install it based on that cd? Also if I have activated a factions account can I later on down the road decide to buy prophecies and add that access key to the game also?

Yuppers!! Although, you didn't necessarily need to uninstall the client.

Torndevil
22-06-2006, 19:08
Yuppers!! Although, you didn't necessarily need to uninstall the client.
I didn't realize I could have just lept it lol. But The CD version is the exact same I'm assuming. And both Factions and prophecies use the same client correct?

Xandlyn
22-06-2006, 19:13
I didn't realize I could have just lept it lol. But The CD version is the exact same I'm assuming. And both Factions and prophecies use the same client correct?

That's correct! :grin: