PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Festival Lore

The Dawn Raven
30-06-2006, 20:57
An interesting subject i was thinking about, the only Lore I can find about The Dragon Festival is that:

It has existed for awhile, but only became a major festival post-Jade wind.
It is linked to the Dragon constellation.
It is said to be linked to the "Spirit" of Cantha.

Quintus Antonius
30-06-2006, 21:05
It is also interesting to note that in expeditions undertaken by myself and Gmr Leon, we noted that the rifts appearing around the Shing Jea Monestary are similar to those that overtook the Tyrian Tomb of Primeval Kings. Also, the creatures, specifically the Lesser Grasps, are smaller verisions of the larger grasps in the Underworld accessible from the ToPK.

Gmr Leon has screenshots which I assume he will post when he gets a chance.

Santax
30-06-2006, 21:17
The Dragon Festival was to commemorate the Jade Wind. Emperor Hanjai was quite the Emperor, and handled the disasters in Cantha's vassal states. Thousands of terrified survivors rushed northwards, almost crushing the year's crops. Hanjai relocated farmers to Shing Jea Island, and expanded Kaineng City to accomodate all the newcomers. The Harvest Festival that had taken place annually prior to Emperor Angsiyan's murder, was replaced by the Festival of the Dragon, to celebrate the continued survival of Cantha - the Empire of the Dragon, in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Gmr Leon
30-06-2006, 21:57
Quintus just like you requested I shall provide the best pics I managed to get.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/GmrLeon00/gw514.jpg

This Lesser Grasp one was a bit harder to take a pic of.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/GmrLeon00/gw512.jpg

Doesn't the Tomb of Primeval Kings lead into the Mists? If so it would make sense they managed to rip open rifts to other continents..

Docho
30-06-2006, 22:52
Shiro Tagachi has caused an unbalance between the realms because of his acts if I recall correctly? Could this not simply be caused by that fact?

Nazpharoz
30-06-2006, 23:22
killed shiro already?
if so.. then shiro can't be the one...

just look at the color, it's between pink and purple...
look at Lyssa. Even call her up. what color is she?

I blame Lyssa for this.

Docho
30-06-2006, 23:29
uhm spoiler concerning Factions

Even if Shiro is dead, that doesn't mean his damage has been undone...

Quintus Antonius
01-07-2006, 00:05
Gmr Leon: That's a great picture of Romulus in battle, haha.

On-Topic: Chaos, which is what these monsters are aligned with, is represented by purple, it has nothing to do with Lyssa.

Zayren
01-07-2006, 23:39
*Faction's Spoilers*

After you kill Shiro, the cut-scene that is shown shows Shiro getting banished to the deepest pit of the Underworld by the Envoys. The Portal from The Tomb of the Primeval Kings leads into an entrance to the Underworld, as do the portals the Lesser Grasps take, if they are the same type of portals. When Shiro was sent into the Underworld, he might have had a greater influence than the Envoys expected and managed to break free! He could be opening these protals with his power and sending the Lesser Grasps to wreak havoc on Cantha as revenge, and possibly upset the balance to open a rift that he himself could travel through!!!!! Just a theory. ;)

Arkhan The Black
05-07-2006, 12:02
Well this might also be the work of some unknown force that challenge the gods rule of Tyria. It is possible after the events of prophecies the mist has been damaged with the opening of the Door of Komalie and the fall of the Mursaat. There has been a power shift in the world and consequences are bound to follow.

DrD
07-07-2006, 19:42
*Faction's Spoilers*

After you kill Shiro, the cut-scene that is shown shows Shiro getting banished to the deepest pit of the Underworld by the Envoys. The Portal from The Tomb of the Primeval Kings leads into an entrance to the Underworld, as do the portals the Lesser Grasps take, if they are the same type of portals. When Shiro was sent into the Underworld, he might have had a greater influence than the Envoys expected and managed to break free! He could be opening these protals with his power and sending the Lesser Grasps to wreak havoc on Cantha as revenge, and possibly upset the balance to open a rift that he himself could travel through!!!!! Just a theory. ;)

You guys are forgetting the the Portal at the Tomb was opend before Shiro was even a thought