PDA

View Full Version : Titan effigies in relation to the Searing ritual.

Gmr Leon
08-07-2006, 05:17
While Zayren and I were messing around exploring in Pre-Searing Zayren pointed out that the effigies weren't on fire, and that they were all pointing in a certain direction. We later figured out that nearly all of them point to the Searing Altar. While there isn't an exact shape like I was hoping the dots still do connect.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/GmrLeon00/gw632.jpg

Take this pic,edit it,change it,see what you can make of the dots. Also,so you can know what directions they pointed I shall provide that information.

The first one in the left corner,south.
The one nearby it,southeast.
The one below those two,south.
The one to the east below the altar(big blob of black),is pointing directly north to the altar. Well,actually,maybe northwest.
The one north of the last points south towards the altar.
The one farthest east points west to the one mentioned above.

This may tell us how they performed the ritual to hit just the Ascalon area or it may prove important for something else. Other than that it just seems like this is fairly complex for the Charr mages.

There were four mages guarding the Searing altar which tells us that it took alot of power or energy.This also means these mages may have died with the use of so much energy for the Searing. There was a Necromancer,Monk,Mesmer,and Elementalist there.

How each of them contributed to the ritual I'm still trying to figure out. Though I think the fact that Charr were near each effigy means that maybe they had to light the aflame all at once and the altar for the ritual to take place.

Quintus Antonius
08-07-2006, 05:43
I think the effigies have more of a theological or psychological significance than an actual casting significance, never the less, being religious icons, they'd be important to the moral of the Charr. Also, they may have represented how the Charr gods (the Titans) were "looking on" as the ritual was cast.

Hypothesis on the significance of the various mages:
Necromancer- Contributed by adding an effect that kept plant life from regrowing
Monk- Kept the others alive long enough to cast the spell
Mesmer- Added the power of chaos, so that the lands of Ascalon would be unreconisably warped
Elementist- Added the "searing" heat factor and the part where the Crystals reigned down.

That's just one possible hypothesis though, it is by no means the only one.

Gmr Leon
08-07-2006, 05:52
While you may be right,it is also to be remembered the Titans could,like Glint outstretch their hand and interact with the Charr,in theory that is. They may have taught them what to do for the ritual.We may also not know it,but those Titan effigies when lit may have a magical potency that provides the Charr with morale/strength in battle.

Though in the Searing ritual the effigies may have been lit all at once. In which they were like veins through the land going to the altar. Providing the Charr mages with both the power to cast it and to provide their troops with the strength to charge forth and attack the human kingdoms.

moenbase
08-07-2006, 09:51
According to the Lore the effigiies burn 'till daylight.
And it seems pretty daylight to me in Pre-Searing. :]
In Post-Searing they probably let it burn (even in daylight?) perhaps as sign of victory/going to battle/ritual honouring.
I do however, wonder when they put out a 'mursaat' effigy, or a 'titan' effigy.
I wonder what's the difference between them in their culture.

I believe the mursaat ones are closer to their Flame Temple's/places of sacrifices (Flame Temple Corridor)

While the Titan ones are more in and around the battlefield.
Pre Searing's Northlands, Nolani Academy mission.

Zayren
08-07-2006, 18:54
Also, the area around the Searing shrine thingy (a bit bigger than the compass on an estimate), there was a strange redd-ish glow, maybe an omen of sorts, or the air was red with ash, anyway, perhaps we can get some screenshots today (*hint hint*). And, on a side note, those 4 mages took forever to kill! (They're my new arch-enemies!)

Karuro
08-07-2006, 22:29
Also, the area around the Searing shrine thingy (a bit bigger than the compass on an estimate), there was a strange redd-ish glow, maybe an omen of sorts, or the air was red with ash, anyway, perhaps we can get some screenshots today (*hint hint*). And, on a side note, those 4 mages took forever to kill! (They're my new arch-enemies!)
These are the only pics I got from my pre-sear days, revolving the ritual:

Here we see the Titan, which is on a hill infront of the alter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/disconected/sear1.png

The redish air, looks chaotic imo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/disconected/sear3.png

And here is when they fired the spell. Maybe it isn't clear, but Charr warrior and the like are surrounding the alter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/disconected/sear4.png

Hope it contributes a little. x.x

Zayren
09-07-2006, 18:58
Alright, I just discovered something, in the Searing video, you can very clearly making out the crystals if you pay close attention, also, the Titan effigy next to the Searing altar is on fire, but it's not if you just normally go out there...

mrmango
09-07-2006, 23:37
I am sure about what I am going to say, those four mages at the pre-searing altar are to be killed at the end of the Nolani mission. I remember Ghast *something, perhaps Ashpire* being the necromancer of the 4, and he is definetly in the Nolani mission. So they didn't die performing the Searing, so that clears that.

Edit: Ghast Ashpyre is a mesmer boss, and I check on wiki, he is in both areas. :grin:

Quintus Antonius
09-07-2006, 23:51
It's interesting to note what being able to kill the mages, yet not prevent the Searing implies that the Searing was not triggered or dependant on these four mages, but rather, controlled remotely.

mrmango
10-07-2006, 00:00
Yes, but they still come back during the cinematic, so that just shows that they aren't meant to be killed for good during pre.

Or they got resurected using some Charr ritual. OH, perhaps they did perish, and using Lady Althea's body as a sacrifice they completed this. XD

Quintus Antonius
10-07-2006, 00:21
Yes, but they still come back during the cinematic, so that just shows that they aren't meant to be killed for good during pre.

Or they got resurected using some Charr ritual. OH, perhaps they did perish, and using Lady Althea's body as a sacrifice they completed this. XD

Are they the same Charr, or do the Charr simply dispatch more bosses of the same classes (suggesting they are needed for the ritual, but not needed to launch the ritual)?

Also, I know you're joking, but Lady Althea wasn't sacraficed till two years later, the Charr bosses were long dead from the Searing they were stupid enough to launch anyway.

mrmango
10-07-2006, 00:25
Well, the names are the same, I think that is info enough that they are the same. All 4 of em, check it out if ya want. So they didn't die, or were rezed.
That I find hard to argue. And what do you mean about the Althea statement?

Quintus Antonius
10-07-2006, 00:31
You can see the names in the cinema? Sorry, it's been awhile since I did anything in pre-Searing, so I'm a bit ignorant on the subject.

As for the Althea statement, she wasn't captured and sacraficed until sometime after the Searing, so I don't see how it had anything to do with the ritual itself.

mrmango
10-07-2006, 00:54
Well, when you go to the Northlands in pre, you can see and fight the 4 boss priests. But in the cinematic it is probably the same four, but now I think I see what you mean, you mean they could be other priests. Perhaps.

As for Althea, I was jokingly saying they sacrificed her to resurect the priests you said died. Perhaps it isn't a joke.

Quintus Antonius
10-07-2006, 01:13
Well, when you go to the Northlands in pre, you can see and fight the 4 boss priests. But in the cinematic it is probably the same four, but now I think I see what you mean, you mean they could be other priests. Perhaps.

"probably"? Becareful, that's the kind of assumption that can get you into trouble scientifically.

Unless the names of the individuals in question are specifically seen or displayed in the cinematics after their deaths, then I stand by my previous statements that they could concievably be different

On a completely off-topic note: mrmango, I tried to PM you earlier and your box was full. I suggest cleaning it out or you may be missing important PMs.

mrmango
10-07-2006, 02:47
I cleaned mine out shortly after I sent mine. And more off-topic, I will be leaving on vacation, have some good discoveries. :)

Well I always assumed the boss thing, hopefully someone can clear it up, the cinematic moves fast through that part, you will need to take a screenie.

moenbase
10-07-2006, 13:01
Charr bosses in Northlands:
Jaw Smokeskin (Charr, E10)
Red Eye the Unholy (Charr, N10)
Ghast Ashpyre (Charr, Me10)
Blaze Bloodbane (Charr, Mo10)

Bosses in Nolani:
Jaw Smokeskin Lv 10
Blaze Bloodbane Lv10
Brand the Brawler Lv10
Felinam the Whip Lv10
Red Eye the Unholy Lv10
Bonfaaz Burntfur Lv10
Ghast Ashpyre Lv10

So yea, they are the same (Northlands - Pre Searing and Nolani).
According to guildwiki that is. :]
And I do think there should be no doubt that those 4 bosses were either near or involved to that Searing ritual.

SpitfireIXA
23-08-2006, 21:56
"probably"? Becareful, that's the kind of assumption that can get you into trouble scientifically.

Lol...as soon as I saw that a funny picture came into my head.

*a top secret laboratory deep under the earth*
"Professor, how's the new chemical mixture coming?"
"Fine, but I have one thing left, and I'm not sure which chemical to add...now if I add this one it will probably...."
*massive explosion*

XD

Acerbus Aether
24-08-2006, 08:36
The Titan representations were probably used in form of religious worship or the such. And who , dare I say, released the Titans...? I'm probably going to get a royal thrashing from Quintus again but I still stand by my theory, Khilbron's dirty hand was in this.

trombone
24-08-2006, 23:23
If you ask me, it bears a striking resemblance to the constellation Leo.

http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/images/leo.gif

And what place in Tyria could a Lion resemble? :o

Gmr Leon
25-08-2006, 00:56
If you ask me, it bears a striking resemblance to the constellation Leo.

http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/images/leo.gif

And what place in Tyria could a Lion resemble? :o

Well whaddya know...It does sort of resemble the constellation Leo.

Quintus Antonius
25-08-2006, 02:46
Leo is a lion, Charr are catmen--coincidence? I think not.

trombone
25-08-2006, 12:31
I was thinking more of the Lionguard, but whatever.

Quintus Antonius
25-08-2006, 14:33
There's a conspiracy theory for you: The Lionguard, knowing of the Flameseeker Prophecies and the true identity of the Unseen Ones, instigate the Searing using ancient magicka from the constellation Leo in a ploy to bring about the downfall of the White Mantle and reclaim Kryta.

Ranger Nietzsche
25-08-2006, 16:44
mmm you forgot the part where glint told them to do it ;P

Quintus Antonius
25-08-2006, 16:55
Yes, my bad. Allow me to rephrase:

Glint appears to the Lionguard, telling them of everything.

The Lionguard, knowing of the Flameseeker Prophecies and the true identity of the Unseen Ones, instigate the Searing using ancient magicka from the constellation Leo in a ploy to bring about the downfall of the White Mantle and reclaim Kryta. But also to destroy the devil which was Gwen, who later turns out to be the Lich, Shiro, and Dhuum.