PDA

View Full Version : Dual 20/20 Recharge Wand+Focus - no longer "super fast recharge"?



Longasc
15-07-2006, 23:50
Recent skill update:

Lowered the cap for Recharge Reduction to 50%.

Well, with dual 20% recharge items you had:

32% fast recharge
4% super fast recharge
64% normal recharge

Seems as if there is no longer a "super fast" 25% recharge, when both 20% recharge items would be triggered.

Could anyone test this yet?

Seef II
16-07-2006, 00:15
Tried with word of healing for a bit. Didn't seem to get it at all (4, 2, and 1 second recharges are easily differentiated). Small sample size though so I encourage you all to try for yourselves.

Scutilla
16-07-2006, 00:18
Aw darn, looks like no more 1.25s recharge on Animate Bone Fiend for me...

Interesting how the recharge mod was affected but not the fast cast one- should be interesting how this affects people using dual 20/20s.

Dammerung
16-07-2006, 02:58
Sucks that there's no more super fast recharge, but we are still looking at a 36% half recharge time with dual 20s. I would still use them.

NeVeRLiFt
16-07-2006, 05:31
So they nerfed the Brohn's item set.... I loved that set for my healing monk.

/cry

Fuzzball C
16-07-2006, 13:20
ok does this mena they nerfed the super fast minin making? so the bonestaff i got from Luven underwood in the crystal desert is the same as a normal staff in this case? or is it that it just only uses one of the two; skill recharge and casting reduction. i am confused here.

Fuzzy

Longasc
16-07-2006, 15:56
It affects only the recharge mod, and Dammerung is quite right, you still have 36% half recharge with dual 20/20s - and still a 4% chance for a super fast cast.

Still, did not test it so far.

Xeronage
16-07-2006, 21:58
20/20 wands + focci
4% chance of double halving(nerfed)
36% chance of halving
60% chance of nothing

krispykritter
17-07-2006, 16:44
20/20 wands + focci
4% chance of double halving(nerfed)
36% chance of halving
60% chance of nothing

Not quite

4% chance of doubling the half recharge (eliminated)
32% chance of half recharge
64% chance of normal recharge

was changed to

36% chance of half recharge
64% chance of normal recharge

For fast casting the first set of percentages still applies since that wasn't eliminated in the update.

briangm
17-07-2006, 17:32
Not quite

4% chance of doubling the half recharge (eliminated)
32% chance of half recharge
64% chance of normal recharge

was changed to

36% chance of half recharge
64% chance of normal recharge

For fast casting the first set of percentages still applies since that wasn't eliminated in the update.


I don't agree.....they say they capped the recharge to 50%, so that would mean that the 4% super fast is CAPPED to 50%, not eliminated. So now we have 40% to half, and 60% for normal recharge.

Aiiane
17-07-2006, 17:46
Unfortunately briangm, your math is wrong. Consider the negative case, that is, the 80% chance for the "Halves skill recharge" modifier not to come into effect:

.8 * .8 = .64

So the chance of neither modifier taking effect is .64 = 64%

The true pre/post nerf percentages are:

Pre-nerf
4% chance of 1/4 recharge time
36% chance of at least 1/2 recharge time (32% chance of only 1/2)
64% chance of regular recharge time

Post-nerf
36% chance of 1/2 recharge time
64% chance of regular recharge time

Xeronage
17-07-2006, 23:39
Hmm Maybe I suck at math but I dont see why its 32%

20% of 20% chance = 4% chance of 1/4th
40% chance -4% = 36%, why the doube -4?

Ryork
18-07-2006, 14:22
Hmm Maybe I suck at math but I dont see why its 32%

20% of 20% chance = 4% chance of 1/4th
40% chance -4% = 36%, why the doube -4?

It's like this. Both 20% mods calculate their chances of happening independantly of each other. So there will be some times where they both hit and overlap. That is why you cannot add the two 20% together to get to 40%.

Your 20% of 20% = 4% is exactly the overlap I'm talking about, and what you effectively must subtract from 40% to get to 36% chance of at least one of the mod's activating.

I hope that helped.

(And that I'm not too wrong, since I flunked Engineering Statistics in college....Twice...)