PDA

View Full Version : Most embarrassing / funny GvG moments!

Parker Bsb
26-07-2006, 16:21
Well time for some levity:

Last night in a GvG I was soloing 2 assassins (which I must admit weren't that great) as a charge warrior. I tried to activate healsig, hit frenzy instead of stance cxling I hit healsig instead. Needless to say they took advantage of it and I got WTFPWND. Only death on our side that game.

Lesson learned: don't have your healsig beside your frenzy on the bar :embarassed:

Sci
26-07-2006, 16:59
When the ladder was locked, my guild would run 4 players/4 hench gvg. I was playing a Hammer warrior on Wizard's Isle, and we faced an 8 player team with a Rit. So, I did what I always wanted to do. I ran right past the team, through their ward of foes, all the way back to the rit, and beat on his face. When he was dead, I went into the base with a sword war and we ganked everything and won. The other team was still fighting hench at the flag.

Because I play monk, this instance of successfull Leeroying was especialy sweet.

Wet One
26-07-2006, 17:09
funniest moment:

Running 8 W/E
The each had something on the order of:
Frenzy
Conjure lightning/flame/etc etc to go with their elite
glimmering mark/ mark of rogort (and some other elites)
one person had skull crack
we all had wands corresponding to the type of ele magic we were using...

We then proceded to frenzy wand spike the other team....

We managed to get a skull crack or 2 off on the enemy teams monk and then proceeded to wand 3 of them to death.

This may be one of the funniest things i have ever seen...

and the comment from the opposing monk was the best.. "next time why dont you take that wand and shove it up my @#$%^ing @##, it would be less painfull

asxtc
26-07-2006, 17:11
As an R0 noob stood in the old Tombs waiting area (and i did wait a bit) i spotted a guild building a ranger team in the corner and stood my Necro near them ...in the vain hope of being picked.

One of them pings me asking if I can Order for them...Woopeee Im in.

The were very organised..and on the TS found out they were all R6+.

The old moral battle against the ghosts went quite well and quite surprisingly i hardly ever ran out of mana.

I had loaded Offering instead of the second Order.....how embarrasing...I did tell them...and soon ended up in the waiting area again.
Oppertunity to get onto a couple of ppls friends list...ruined coz i couldnt read.

bellissima
26-07-2006, 17:20
We were playing necro spike versus ranger spike in the isle of the dead hall. They had height advantage from the bridge and we were getting beaten pretty badly. Then my GL remembered he had "Shields up!" on his bar about about 10 minutes into the match.... :embarassed:

Strangely enough we still managed to pull a win. At 15 minutes we faked a running spike. As their team moved back to avoid it, we changed directions and ran into their base. In the windy corridors we had the advantage, not needing LoS. We killed a few and ganked their BGs. We got some good morale boosts and stacked some DP on them before taking the lord.

We still tease my leader every time we come up against ranger spike. "Don't forget shields up!"

Aiiane
26-07-2006, 22:50
As an R0 noob stood in the old Tombs waiting area (and i did wait a bit) i spotted a guild building a ranger team in the corner and stood my Necro near them ...in the vain hope of being picked.

One of them pings me asking if I can Order for them...Woopeee Im in.

The were very organised..and on the TS found out they were all R6+.

The old moral battle against the ghosts went quite well and quite surprisingly i hardly ever ran out of mana.

I had loaded Offering instead of the second Order.....how embarrasing...I did tell them...and soon ended up in the waiting area again.
Oppertunity to get onto a couple of ppls friends list...ruined coz i couldnt read.

Funny, though not GvG. :smiley:

Wet - that frenzy wand story was hilarious. :tongue:

Djinn Effer
26-07-2006, 23:11
HAHA Wet! I was the one that had Skull Crack. xD!!

I got that Monk like 3 times with it? LOL

The Monk actually said: "why don't you just shove your ****ing sword up my *** next time??" If I remember correctly.

It was so funny that we actually killed people by wand spiking LOL.

For anyone that would like to use my awesome build, here you go:

http://cheatenabled.com/images/wandspike.jpg

My funniest moment:

I was in Yin And Yang at the time, we were facing a guild and had just killed their flag runner and their team had retreated. As we killed the flag runner atleast 3 people said on vent "DONT RETURN THE FLAG" "LEAVE THE FLAG" "DONT TOUCH THE FLAG", moments later our Warrior, RAW proceeds to pick up the flag. Everyone is like "WTF MAN?! WTH ARE YOU DOING?" "WTF NOOB", he replies "OMF... YOU KNOW LIKE WHEN YOU CLICK.. AND IT GOES.. om... I CLICKED ON THE GROUND YOU KNOW?? AND IT MADE ME PICK IT UP I COULDNT STOP IT", suffice to say later that match we were at their Guild Lord. At this point the Lord still received an automatic heal when it received a deep wound, well all of us noticed the Lord wasn't dying and we saw our Warrior, RAW spamming "Frenzy, Eviscerate, Executioner's Strike, Distracting Blow" at this point the enemy was about to res and everyone was getting pissed so there was screaming on vent "RAW STOP DEEP WOUNDING THE ****ING GUILD LORD" (repeatidly), he repies "IM NOT DEEP WOUNDING, IM JUST EVISCERATING"... LOL

We ended up winning that match, but those two things... Funniest most embarrasing thing I've seen in GvG so far. Minus the time in YAY that Nub Cake catapulted our entire team in the enemy base and managed to kill 1 of them, when we were winning - which caused us to lose the match.

ZiegDivine
27-07-2006, 00:04
GvG with Pre on Warrior's Isle. I was playing W/A, we were losing for some dumb reason, getting pushed back to base. In the confusion of opening and closing the gate, one of our team members (not the flag runner) managed to sneak out, go to their base, get the repair kit, repair OUR catapult, and once their team tried to get in, launched it. He killed 5 guys. I err7'd right after this, but I was still laughing on vent, as Pre recovered DP and lost.

dantheman5415
27-07-2006, 00:12
A few weeks ago we were gvging against a pretty low ranked guild in the island of weeping stone. But then my warrior got stuck in the stairs and...I didn't have a vamp weapon. All I could do was sit and watch, which I did- for about 10 minutes. Then one of their players was nice enough (or stupid enough) to kill me so it all worked out ok.

The next game we played immediately after that, I got stuck in the stairs AGAIN, although this time it was on the wizard's isle map. But I was prepared and brought a vamp weapon :grin: ...although it doesn't help when your e/mo flag runner is using heal party :wink: .

Finally, probably my most embarassing moment was when I was just getting into gvg with my old guild. We had some pretty good guys playing with us (Umpy the Juggernaut was there as the 2nd warrior) and I was doing pretty well for my first time using a warrior in gvg. That is until I decided to use Frenzy just as I rushed into the bodyguards/archers around their guild lord......

Yes, I died in about half a second :sealed:

sahlakh
27-07-2006, 03:45
Funny stuff happens with catapults. Once our guildie shot six team mates when we were retreating from the enemy base due to nice deep freeze. :P I've also killed six enemies plus a few team mates a couple times, always a good laugh. Winning a *nameless* american guild with IWAY and getting loads of whine was quite amusing.

Winning Te in GWWC @ Taipei wasn't too bad either!

nightrunner
01-08-2006, 17:50
With one of their monks DP'd out, one bodyguard and all the other NPC's dead, only 4 guys alive, and more than a minute until they rezzed, we thought we'd have a chance at taking out their GL. So, we sent our flagger back to base so he could repair the cat. We push them all the way into their base, manage to kill their last bodyguard, when one of our monks suddenly lags out. Since they were going to rez soon, and their monk was doing an admirable job at keeping their GL alive, we pulled back, thinking that we'd keep them turtled, wait for morale and our sigs back, and try again. They rezzed - and charged for the front entrance. Expecting to see them get nailed by the cat, I turn around to see that our flagger's brought the flag instead of the repair kit. We ended up getting pushed all the way back and ended up losing.

Another time, I was playing a trapper that also served as our flagrunner. Since we were on the frost map, it was only me and their flagrunner (a cripshot) at the stand. We both reached the stand at the same time, both with flags. They had the stand, but he was waiting for me to cap it so he could cap over me. Since he couldn't do anything while holding the flag, I started dropping traps right under him. He tried to kite, but instead just ran into my other traps. 30 seconds later, he bled to death XD