PDA

View Full Version : the new iway...?

Zesr Swiftblade
26-07-2006, 17:46
erm...
Mysticism (PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE)
Whenever an Enchantment ends, you gain 3 Health for each rank of Mysticism and 1 Energy for every 2 ranks of Mysticism.

so at 16 mysticism... 48 hp 8 energy...

OoV
OoP
both enchants affecting every member of party...
the new iway...?

El Sordo
26-07-2006, 18:27
The ending result is more like VIM, so it's the new VIM! DERVIM!

Erasculio
26-07-2006, 18:35
Mysticism works only on yourself, so casting Aegis, Order of Pain or Reversal of Fortune are going to give you the same ammount of energy.

Erasculio

Azure Eyes
26-07-2006, 20:40
I think this will work by the descirption, it should be really brutal maybe more so than iway. Since not only do u get life, you get energy and extra damage. If everyone is a dervish then you can spam this without end since order is 10 e and u are getting 8 back plus health to cover the sac. Not to mention the dervish are gonna have aoe melee skills probably. Any votes for the team name for this? dorder? Orvish? Scythe spank?

Lord Pharoah
26-07-2006, 21:27
I like Scythe Spank

"R9 LF R9+ Scythe Spank!!!" lol can't wait till friday

Zesr Swiftblade
26-07-2006, 22:09
lol loving the scythe spank :laugh:

critical vengeance
26-07-2006, 22:26
be intresting... very, maybe the two should fight as long as the nerf bat doesn't start hating and using its god power to kill kick the dervish down a knotch

Ravendove786
26-07-2006, 23:00
Yeah the primary seems very poorly worded. Compare necro...
Soul Reaping: Each rank in Soul Reaping gives you 1 Energy every time a creature or player dies nearby. You gain half that amount for the death of a spirit nearby.
Even if it is only for enchantments cast by or on the dervish, though, it still raises the issues about spamming reversal of fortune. Or perhaps by "ends" it means "is removed?"

Azure Eyes
27-07-2006, 00:36
Yeah the primary seems very poorly worded. Compare necro...
Soul Reaping: Each rank in Soul Reaping gives you 1 Energy every time a creature or player dies nearby. You gain half that amount for the death of a spirit nearby.
Even if it is only for enchantments cast by or on the dervish, though, it still raises the issues about spamming reversal of fortune. Or perhaps by "ends" it means "is removed?"

the spirit effect came in a rebalance after i think irresistable blokes used a spirit spam rit to super charge an foc spike to win the championship.

Drec Sutal
27-07-2006, 00:48
Forget IWAY/VIM... RoF smiter! Just take damage to be healed and get energy, then cast it again. Better then air of enchantment. RoF + shield gaurdian... I see potential there. And that doesn't even take an elite slot. Oh, and someone could use orders, and in a party of dervish... when the order ends, everyone should get energy + HP (everyone who is a dervish).

Then again, if turns out a recast counts as ending... can you say 55 D/Mo? Even if not, a low HP D/N could more then cover the cost of orders with this, and almost the energy.

Oh, and the soul reaping nerf came from the use of blood and FoC spikes with Rt and R spirit spammers over time. The one that won a championship was just the last one before they changed it (end of ladder season = rebalance), so many people put the blame on that one match, but there wasn't enough time to implement and test the coding required before the update. ANet doesn't put these updates out without internal testing, and a change to the primary attribute wouldn't be a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. And really, it shouldn't work on the undead at all...

Some Dude
28-07-2006, 11:50
Off topic: it was actually EW that won the final with foc, iB attempted to beat them with fast cast dual attunement mesmers (gg defile enchants). I lost respect for EW for that, but gained it all back when I saw that they designed the new premades that are actually good builds.

On topic: I think the dervish primary attribute sounds nuts, totally broken, and I am expecting it to get nerfed hard. Party-wide enchants that end really quickly will as you say keep everyone healed nicely and with heaps of energy.

To achieve maximum annoyance and keep in line with popular trends, the build should of course be named 'dervway'. :D