PDA

View Full Version : paragon spears

rangerjon
27-07-2006, 00:39
do you think paragon spears will be long or short? i really hope they won't be short, and held like wands

I really hope they'll be long and held from the ground to the sky (vertical)

please don't flame me, but if the spears are short OR held horizontally this might stop me from playing the profession in total...

Henry The VIII
27-07-2006, 00:44
I am just interested to see how the spears will work.....I can see it now....I spend hours in GW:N's Deep to get the Amazing spear of awsomeness....Then I see an enemy and throw my spear at it and it is gone forever!! No!!! I really doubt that will be how it happens, I just want to know how they will get weapon bonuses if they keep throwing them....will they summon more of their spear via magic like Rangers do with arrows?

Striken7
27-07-2006, 00:45
I also hope they're long, though I don't see how holding them horizontally would be bad (realistically they would most likely run with them pointing forward anyway).

rangerjon
27-07-2006, 00:52
Oh well if you're running and the spear is horizontally that's OK, I just want the spear to be horizontal while standing still.

Chthon
27-07-2006, 00:55
Wow, this poll is so.... Freudian...

Lais Irideika
27-07-2006, 01:28
Oh well if you're running and the spear is horizontally that's OK, I just want the spear to be horizontal while standing still.

I think you meant that you want the spear to be vertical while standing still... :wink:

I agree - that would definitely have a nice effect. Horizontal while running, and vertical if standing still.

Seeing how the GW team has given such attention and care to realism in their artwork, I am sure they thought of this, and this is probably exactly what we will see.

edit: I just saw the concept art for the paragon. He is standing with one shield in one hand, and a spear in the other - the spear's end is resting on the ground, with the point of the spear pointing straight to the skies... :cloud9:

Malhavoc Shadowlord
27-07-2006, 03:17
I want them to be long. Paragons are supposed to be second line fighters and this makes me envision them as standing behind a warrior sticking something with a really long spear.

rangerjon
27-07-2006, 03:21
I think you meant that you want the spear to be vertical while standing still... :wink:

I agree - that would definitely have a nice effect. Horizontal while running, and vertical if standing still.

Seeing how the GW team has given such attention and care to realism in their artwork, I am sure they thought of this, and this is probably exactly what we will see.

edit: I just saw the concept art for the paragon. He is standing with one shield in one hand, and a spear in the other - the spear's end is resting on the ground, with the point of the spear pointing straight to the skies... :cloud9:

oh heh well all the talk of the spear has got my mind boggled.

where could i find the concept art?

duward
27-07-2006, 07:36
wah .. where .. give link please