Phoebus
28-07-2006, 02:02
Here are the Paragon PVP Shields:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/62/paragonshieldshs4.jpg

Here are the Paragon PVP Spears:
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4240/paragonspearsms4.jpg

Servant of Kali
28-07-2006, 02:13
I am honestly disappointed. Was it that hard to make unique shields? Basically, all we got are warrior shields. Same bonuses, just linked to Paragon attributes.

GormWolfblade
28-07-2006, 03:33
you don't need to make something unique simply for the purpose of it being unique....
I don't mind it at all.

WingspanTT
28-07-2006, 04:08
Well, you are goign to be seeing a LOT more chacters with shields now that 2 secondary profs can give you the defense. Expect to see some El/P or Me/P

Blastsniper
30-07-2006, 00:57
the spear looks like the runescape dragon spear

Heath Laron
30-07-2006, 13:34
I like the shields. :( I would like to see some more spear skins though... that one is a bit boring. ;l

Bozo69PD
30-07-2006, 18:35
??? its a pvp char man! Nightfall will have lots of greens and all that stuff.

Jhanto Gun
30-07-2006, 18:52
it will nice to see spears and shields that go with chants, shouts, or songs. like: reduce 3 damage while shouting or/and 15% damage while shouting. that will be awesome.

Hari Iyer
30-07-2006, 22:49
I am honestly disappointed. Was it that hard to make unique shields? Basically, all we got are warrior shields. Same bonuses, just linked to Paragon attributes.

you guys shouldn't have gotten shields, a ranged character with 96 armor (80+16) is just overkill. Dumb move on anet's part; too imbalanced.

zweistein
30-07-2006, 22:50
also, great thing is that both shield attributes are in non-primary attributes.

which means that while before shieldless classes wanthing shield were stuck with Tactics, thery have now 3 secondary lines to choose from.

tenetke
31-07-2006, 22:25
you guys shouldn't have gotten shields, a ranged character with 96 armor (80+16) is just overkill. Dumb move on anet's part; too imbalanced.

Your insight is simply frightening. :tongue:

highjinx
10-08-2006, 22:03
it will nice to see spears and shields that go with chants, shouts, or songs. like: reduce 3 damage while shouting or/and 15% damage while shouting. that will be awesome.

howabout "under the effect" of a shout or echo - i think shouts are instantaneous to the point that you can shout while casting n such...

im pretty sure thats what you meant to say anyways... :)

as far as the guy talking about 'too much armor' at 96ac with the shields- um dude this is a battle commander for one, meaning he SHOULD have better armor than a ranger for example... and two- you will see PLENTY of paragons using staves or even spear/focus weapon sets once people start being able to explore builds....

I dont see any reason why paragons shouldnt be between ranger/assassin and warriors in their armor rating...

Besides- anyone doing a spear based build might want to try W/Pa anyways, giving you better armor and armor penetration... we will see backline fighters emerge no doubt - especially considering scythes entering the melee

eximiis
10-08-2006, 23:02
well one thing for sure is the the shout and echo ranged are not huge so if u want that ur shouts apply to the whole team i think that the paragorn will have to stand between the warrrior and the caster making him the next to hit after the tank so 96 armor won't hurt

Gordon Michael
11-08-2006, 03:27
Warriors can get 116 physical / 96 elemental with basic armor and a shield.
Rangers can get 70 physical / 100 elemental with basic armor.
This is why I think that if Assassins don't get 80 base AL, they should at least give their armor +10 AL vs physical.

Longasc
11-08-2006, 21:12
I dunno if its for the sake of PvP balance , but Assassins could really use some more armor, if only vs physical, in PvE.

Well, if Nightstalker really works (+15), they have some more armor, but still I do not buy it that the spike-capability of the Assassin demands that their armor is so weak in comparison to other fighter/melee classes. Their teleports work in PvP, but in PvE they are not that useful and their defensive stances are not made to stay in battle.

There are reasons why I hardly play my Assassin outside of PvP anymore.

Servant of Kali
12-08-2006, 13:17
I dunno if its for the sake of PvP balance , but Assassins could really use some more armor, if only vs physical, in PvE.

Yea, and mesmer degen spells should all be AoE, in PvE. Hmm oh wait, that wont happen, and it's better that it doesnt.

Mr Panda
12-08-2006, 14:13
I do hate to rain on the assasin parade here, but this be the Paragon forum ;(

My hope with the Paragon shields is they drop the warrior bonuses, like +45hp/stance, -5/20% stuff. I would love to see some Paragon specific bonuses that make them paragon shields, cos as it stands, they're not ;(

critical vengeance
12-08-2006, 20:06
I do hate to rain on the assasin parade here, but this be the Paragon forum ;(

My hope with the Paragon shields is they drop the warrior bonuses, like +45hp/stance, -5/20% stuff. I would love to see some Paragon specific bonuses that make them paragon shields, cos as it stands, they're not ;(

yeah, i would love for it to work like a focus and a sheild in one, involving shouts and chants or something :grin:

Mr Panda
12-08-2006, 21:10
yeah, i would love for it to work like a focus and a sheild in one, involving shouts and chants or something :grin:

Focus and shield and one...thats an interesting notion...

Maybe if it gave less armour, but also an energy boost?

Or no bonus as in a 5/20%, but instead they simply gave armour and energy?

hmm...:grin:

Gordon Michael
14-08-2006, 03:52
I'm hoping that they have collector / crafter shields with +30 health and 20% +1 Leadership / Command / Motivation (which are the same mods as some of the collector foci in Factions). Shields with +5 energy 20% +1 attribute also have some potential. They should definitely keep the unconditional +health mod, since it's available on both foci and warrior shields. I'd also like to see Leadership shields.

Count Chocula V
15-09-2006, 14:54
I agree with the second poster, sometimes things dont have to be unique just for the sake of being unique. most people "want/will use" the 5/20 +30 shields. Why? Becuase it is not as situational as other bonuses. Situational bonues for the most part, suck. Now i dunno, you could possible use a specific type of shield in advance to think about farming an specific mob in PvE. but in PvP the 5/20 +30 shield will reign supreme.

fishy go moo
15-09-2006, 16:38
the spear looks like the runescape dragon spear
omg i know and i hate runescape i quit it lol

critical vengeance
15-09-2006, 16:57
omg i know and i hate runescape i quit it lol

1 runescape does suck yes :laugh:

2 not all spears look like that dragon spear