PDA

View Full Version : Wow. You actualy have to try to run out of energy with Paragons.

TheDarkshineKnight
28-07-2006, 05:55
I've been playing around with the Paragon for the past hour, and it seems that I never seem to lose more than fifteen energy. The energy regen on these guys are amazing.

Geishe
28-07-2006, 06:12
I've been playing around with the Paragon for the past hour, and it seems that I never seem to lose more than fifteen energy. The energy regen on these guys are amazing.

I agree!

At first I was like, uh 2 pips of energy??? After some testing time with Anthems and Echo spells... I never seem to run out of energy!

Besides there was that Signet of Fire/Burning/something-to-do-with-flames, for emergency energy. Paragons are obsessed with fire, lots of burning things.

Princess eirika
28-07-2006, 06:58
Holy flames!! lol

I cant wait to make a Paragon in pve. Though i wanted to make a female one :tongue:

I was shocked, 80 AL pretty cool :laugh: Wasnt expecting ele bonus.

And yeah, at first i thought with all these chants and stuff, and with 2 energy pips, man is it gonna be hard to have energy.

Wrong. lol! Thank you leadership!!! Basically, Spam alot of spear attacks, place yourself correctly in the middle of the party, Spam chants and buff your party, get energy, repeat.

li levac
28-07-2006, 08:47
I'm going to have the afternoon off work I think, I'm desperate to try paragon's out!

What's your favourite skills so far?

Heath Laron
28-07-2006, 15:06
Agh, I had a lot of shocks when I saw the Paragon. Lots of good ones though, like teensy weensy birthday presents. The primary attribute gives nice energy when chanting and shouting away, fueling some of your heavy spear skills. HYA! Yeahh, Paragons are really fun, and can't wait to try them in PvE. ^_^

Tru Reptile
28-07-2006, 17:09

I agree. Now try explaining that to the people who say R/P would be better because of Expertise.

MilitiaMan
28-07-2006, 17:32
i'm so angry that i won't be able to play until around midnight tonight.

/grumble darn girlfriends why do you need to go on dates?? /endgrumble

BrutusV
28-07-2006, 17:52
^ Girlfriends? Lucky you LOL

But definitely, I haven't had any energy problems yet, even when I took the ele-bonus armor instead of energy bonus armor.

Although I think that will change when I make a more energy thirsty custom character that's not pure paragon...

chessyang
28-07-2006, 19:50
^ try a wife -(

can't wait to!!! excited!

Servant of Kali
28-07-2006, 21:19
Now try explaining that to the people who say R/P would be better because of Expertise.

Dont twist words, we were discussing spears and how for THEM R/P is better. Which is true.

TheDarkshineKnight
28-07-2006, 21:53
I'm going to have the afternoon off work I think, I'm desperate to try paragon's out!

What's your favourite skills so far?

Well, I'm not a fan of the spear attacks; however, the healing chants are really, really nice. Also, some of the chants that require adrenaline are nice, mainly because they don't interfere with energy regen.

Tru Reptile
28-07-2006, 22:19
Dont twist words, we were discussing spears and how for THEM R/P is better. Which is true.

I wasn't twisting anyone's words.

Maye for a VERY few specialized builds they MIGHT be better with a spear, but mostly no.

Servant of Kali
28-07-2006, 22:52
Well currently best spear skill makes for a fine R/P : ) No paragon spear set can match it.

Phoebus
29-07-2006, 00:08
Spear of Lighting does 60 damage on average at 12 Spear Mastery vs. a 60AL target, the crits do 86 damage. It's 5 energy cost (2 for a Ranger with 13 Expertise), and 2s recharge.
Paragons need to pay 5 energy every 3s and they only have 2 pips of regen, while Rangers pay 2 energy every 3s and they have 3 pips of regen.

Of course the skill will be fixed before the release of Nightfall, but for now R/P are the best Spearmens.

IHateThisBoard
29-07-2006, 01:21
R/P will probably remain a strong option if you want (for instance) a barrager that doesn't focus entirely on damage, but also wants to throw in some party-wide buffs as well. We'll see how things change after the beta weekend.