PDA

View Full Version : Spear Damage

Henry The VIII
29-07-2006, 07:50
I have noticed that spears seem to register as melee damage opposed to ranged. I could be wrong, but that is what I have seem to notice. I think that it would make more sence to make it a projectile attack. Now, I know, who cares, but a lot of monk spells that work for melee don't work on projectiles and visa versa. So I would just like to know if I have lost my mind and it is a projectile attack, or if not what your thoughts are on the subject.

Jhanto Gun
29-07-2006, 17:28
spears do peirce damage, dont really matter if its melee or not. if yu use the skill lightning spear, it will turn into lightning damage which helps against warrriors. you could also go check other secondary professions to buuf your spear damages, like smite for judge insight or conjure fire with an ele secondary. one thing though, spear damage is not bad, its not good either but combine with other spells or skills it will add damage.

Heath Laron
29-07-2006, 21:56
It counts as a projectile attack. Illusionary Weaponry only affects melee weapons, and spear-throwing doesn't trigger it.