Use this:

DERVISH/MONK
12 Healing Prayers
16 Scythe Mastery

You need no attack skills, only:

Vigorous Spirit
Live Vicariously
Healing Breeze

I recommend an elemental Scythe Upgrade, as trolls have +20 vs physical.

Go to the Troll Cave in Droknar. Start swinging your Scythe...^^

I doubt that you even will need any evasion stance to survive due to your permanent AoE attacks.

*** This shall be an example that an inbuilt AoE attack is extremely powerful ***

I love Scythes, I love the Dervish. I also fear them: The Scythe and the AoE-attack-feature make them a PvE uber-class, IMO.

Bozo69PD
29-07-2006, 13:35
I can't wait to start using a scythe on my War main.

richo
29-07-2006, 13:43
I can't wait to start using a scythe on my War main.

i would doubt that would work well as dervish use alot of energy skills and enchants for their dmg~~

so you would had 1 pipe of energy gain and youre spamming alot of energy skills how long would that work well ?

Icy Spicy
29-07-2006, 14:31
they really need to turn GW into a single player game... people are making solo builds at betas...

Longasc
29-07-2006, 15:09
they really need to turn GW into a single player game... people are making solo builds at betas...

I think you should rather take care of your reading comprehension than making such a pointless and a bit offensive remark. :wink:

*** This shall be an example that an inbuilt AoE attack is extremely powerful ***

Scythe AoE is what will make the Dervish shine in PvE, much more so than in PvP. The ability to add holy damage and other extras, especially the Avatars and their incredible resilience, will make them VERY powerful.

This was an idea born during beta testing. There was much more thought behind it than behind your rather snide remark.

andrewf
29-07-2006, 18:41
add in Mystic Vigor..with 10 Mysticism and 10 Healing Prayer.. you get 42 health gain for every enemy you hit

Woop Shotty
30-07-2006, 04:31
But GuildWiki states there is a maximum of 3 targets per scythe attack.

Bozo69PD
30-07-2006, 17:15
can anyone confirm this???

Ora
30-07-2006, 19:56
I love Scythes, I love the Dervish. I also fear them: The Scythe and the AoE-attack-feature make them a PvE uber-class, IMO.

On top of what you already described, they also offer some extremely powerfull skills as secondary.
I can kiss my obsidian tank goodbye for a w/dervish.

I guess dervishs will be nerfed even before the final is released.

Drec Sutal
30-07-2006, 20:01
It seems to me that dervish were made for AoE farming... just grab a zealous weapon and find a nice sized mob... full adren and energy every swing! I also see solid + damage for a time spells (fire enchant, excetera) being a huge help to the dervish... and of course sand shards , expecially in areas with blind...

Scott the Green
30-07-2006, 20:13
If you use a warrior strength or tactics melee attack (like Thrill of Victory or Desperation Blow) with a scythe, does the skill become an AoE skill?

Hmm, AoE Skull Crack...