PDA

View Full Version : Dervish The New Farmer?

Locke07
29-07-2006, 19:10
What do you guys feel about the dervish becoming a new solo farmer. I see a lot of abiliity to inflict massive dmg to groups. Maybe a Dervis/Monk. With stacking on the waiting enchantments that do instant dmg then must wait 30 seconds then they affect. Combined with a skill that strips your enchantments you can have some very neat effects happening at once?

Something like

Mystic Sweep
Chilling Victory
and other enchantments like Balthazars rage

Psychotic
29-07-2006, 19:39
monsters in Nightfall will need a HUGE boost to keep up with the damage output.

Zion Farbow
29-07-2006, 19:41
i was wondering about that too

Heath Laron
29-07-2006, 21:22
Of course, Dervishes are going to be great at farming. Tried Live Vicariously and Vigorous Spirit on a Barrage Ranger before? Similar effects here.

BUT... Dervishes will have loads of trouble farming if there is enchant removal, whereas some other classes can go without enchants.

andrewf
29-07-2006, 23:56
I made a farm build already..
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=413315

Locke07
31-07-2006, 17:46
Of course, Dervishes are going to be great at farming. Tried Live Vicariously and Vigorous Spirit on a Barrage Ranger before? Similar effects here.

BUT... Dervishes will have loads of trouble farming if there is enchant removal, whereas some other classes can go without enchants.

But they also have advantages of loosing the enchantments...

Longasc
31-07-2006, 17:50
There already seems to be a limiting factor:

Scythe attacks hit max 3 targets

At least people claim this from observation. So all Live Vicariously/Vigorous Spirit Builds must be rethought.

Azgalon
31-07-2006, 19:29
Well of course, the Scythe is the perfect instrument for farming and has been the instrument of Farmers for years.

Flightmare
31-07-2006, 22:15
lol, that's true

Shokk Mjollnir
31-07-2006, 23:51
For a Dervish farmer i think something involving earth prayers would work out well, i was thinking a D/Me with earth prayers using sandshards and signet of midnight to blind your self and then u just hack away, maybe something like this

sand shards
Signet of Midnight (E)
Dust Cloak
Staggering Force
(the one that makes u take less damage from foes suffering a condition)
Mystic Sandstorm (or whatever its called)
Mirage Cloak
not sure on last one though

kidlantern
01-08-2006, 20:59
I know what your saying, its true really (tho mine will be a bit diffrent, and it wont have a monk aas sec.....tho I'll keep this plan to myself....) but from what I've seen....

there gana make great runners

Shokk Mjollnir
03-08-2006, 00:14
yah, i could see them using an avatar for the harder spots in runs, like melandru for crippled, or balth for speed+armor