PDA

View Full Version : The D/Me Premade Build...

Furinto
30-07-2006, 00:38
It's possible nobody here has the answer to my question, except for MAYBE Gaile, but i'm just posting it anyway out of curiosity.

What do you suppose the purpose is behind making the "Melandru's Prophet" build D/Me instead of D/R?

The skillset is straight Dervish, no mesmer secondary skills are used. So if it's a case of ANet just picking any random secondary (seeing as how it makes no difference, until the player gets to unlocking and editing) why didn't ANet make the build a Ranger secondary? At least the Ranger is more fitting for the Melandru theme, right?

Anyway, like I said, I don't expect anybody to know the answer as it seems to just be a weird decision by the devs, but maybe somebody has speculation?

MaximumSquid
30-07-2006, 00:40
The betting the original had arcane mimicry in it. . .

. . .before the change.

I've very serious about that too.

I looked at the exact same setup and wondered the very same thing, Furinto.

suikoden
30-07-2006, 03:05
One of the paragon builds also has ritualist with no ritualist stuff whatsoever

Furinto
30-07-2006, 04:36
One of the paragon builds also has ritualist with no ritualist stuff whatsoever
Well yeah, but this D/Me build's NAME ("Melandru's Prophet") suggests that it would be more ranger based, rather than mesmer.

Walker
30-07-2006, 10:54
i think its called melundras prophet cuz of the elite form melundra's avatar

ShaolinSamurai
30-07-2006, 15:26
We know WHY it's called melandru's prophet, Walker. But Melandru is the ranger God yet Ranger isn't even part of the build. I think I'm working on a lost cause trying to explain this. I agree with MaximumSquid's reasoning on why it's D/me though.

Hi Ben :)

Furinto
30-07-2006, 22:51
We know WHY it's called melandru's prophet, Walker. But Melandru is the ranger God yet Ranger isn't even part of the build. I think I'm working on a lost cause trying to explain this. I agree with MaximumSquid's reasoning on why it's D/me though.

Hi Ben :)
XD hey there.

If I remember correctly, the "fix" to AM didn't occur until some time Friday, after the event had already started, and I remember at the very beginning there was no Arcane Mimicry in the build. It was entirely Dervish from the get-go. They could have called it "Lyssa's Prophet" and used the Avatar of Lyssa skill, or "Grenth's Prophet" and used the Grenth Avatar (seeing as how the build does have Grenth's Fingers and things would have made more sense.

It's no a big deal, it just seems really weird, and leaves me to believe ANet had some idea behind this build.