PDA

View Full Version : Grenth's Evil Tactics

arredondo
31-07-2006, 19:56
I had fun stripping enchants with my Grenth's Repeating Strike (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=413746)build during the preview weekend, so here the stripping is now expanded to AoE:

=======================
Grenth's Evil Tactics (DeWa)

Mysticism: 14
Tactics: 11
Scythe: 11

Avatar of Grenth: For 52s any attack skill used removes an enchant
Balanced Stance: For 17s you can't be KD'd or take extra Crit damage

Wild Blow: Critical hit can't be blocked/evaded
Drunken Blow: Hits for +32 damage and you inflict a random Condition and are KD'd
Desparation Blow: Hits for +32 damage and you inflict a random Condition and are KD'd

<heal/protect>:
<heal/protect>:
Rez -or- To the Limit! Deal +32 damage if health is more than enemies (Dervs have highest base HP)

Bring a scythe.
=======================

This looks fun! You are able to inflict AoE Conditions with Drunken/Desparate Blow just about as well as the Derv's Condition spells (physical damage is reducable though), and you aren't KD'd due to Balanced Stance. The bonus of course is that under Avatar of Grenth, both of these attack skills strip enchants AoE. Wild Blow is nice as it will AoE strip everyone with evade/block skills up. They all recharge quickly, and To the Limit! is an option outside of RA.

There are tons of combos for heal/protect, which is why I left it blank. Watch Yourself!, Heal Sig, Balthazar's Rage, Faithful Intervention, Watchful Intervention, Meditation, Riposte, Deadly Riposte, make up some of the best choices. Just pick your favorite two.

critical vengeance
31-07-2006, 22:10
looks nice :D

Spoil of War
31-07-2006, 22:31
Looks like a nasty build to be on the receiving end of :D

I wouldnt get too excited about build ideas just yet though. At least up until the PvE event where they'll have the skills reasonably close in description to how they'll act in NF.

arredondo
31-07-2006, 22:38
Yeah, unlike my Repeating Strikes disenchant build, I didn't get a chance to test this one. It's all in theory mode until at least the next preview event.

BTW, the build title comes from the fact that it uses up to three attack skills (and up to two support skills) from the Tactics line.

Slygar
31-07-2006, 23:46
great idea.. as usual :)

arredondo
01-08-2006, 00:18
Ooops! The optional attack over the rez outside of RA should be Thrill of Victory! -not- To the Limit! The description is correct howver... nice damage if health is above enemy's health.

Erasculio
01-08-2006, 00:25
BTW, the build title comes from the fact that it uses up to three attack skills (and up to two support skills) from the Tactics line.
Ha ha, I hadn't figured that out :laugh:

I think Avatar of Grenth is the weaker among the forms. I wish it had also a weak life stealing (like a Vampiric mod for the scythes, just without the health degen).

Erasculio

arredondo
01-08-2006, 03:19
IMHO Lyssa had the weakest form, but that's with limited playing time. She needs +20E max and +70 max damage when hitting someone activating skills.

Well, now that you bring it up, why NOT put a Vamp mod on a scythe? I mean it's very easy to switch to that weapon only when you're about to fight, and a Vamp mod on a schythe has to be one of the best uses of that mod (along with high double striking Daggers under Tiger's and Locusts' Fury).

Think about it... each AoE swing of a Vamp scythe steals up to 9 HP (the weapon can only hit three people max). That's pretty nice, especially if the IAS Whirling Charge can fit somewhere.

MaximumSquid
01-08-2006, 04:16
Well, now that you bring it up, why NOT put a Vamp mod on a scythe? I was thinking Zealous mod actually. . .

and not just for Deverishes either!

I mean i'm thinking you could be any class that just needs some energy so you switch to it and try to get as much as you can a swing.

Azgalon
01-08-2006, 09:43
Grenth is the epitome of evil!

Nasty build characterizing his nasty ways that ol Grenth! :cloud9:

Akirai Annuvil
01-08-2006, 11:41
It looks great but I was looking at your skill points and why do you have 11 Scythe? Wouldn't 9 be better allowing you to boost tactics to 12 whil still using the (PvP) Scythes? just an idea, the skill set is great :)

arredondo
01-08-2006, 11:45
Actually L9 is awful damage for all weapons even though it's the minimum needed to weild a weapon. The damage vs. L20 enemies make drastic jumps from L9 until you hit L12, and then the improvements after that are smaller.

Akirai Annuvil
01-08-2006, 13:10
Ok :) didn't know that, I prefer caster classes myself :).

Xunlai Agent
01-08-2006, 13:36
mmmmh looks quite interesting

Shadowed Sun
03-08-2006, 21:27
Think about it... each AoE swing of a Vamp scythe steals up to 9 HP (the weapon can only hit three people max). .

Aww, really? :cry:

ss

highjinx
10-08-2006, 20:43
anyone else looking forward to W/De scythe masters?

arredondo
12-08-2006, 01:18
One correction I'll make now that I've re-read this... if I add a Vamp mod to the scythe, I should be able to get a max +15 HP per swing. The Hammer's Vamp mod gives +5HP per hit, so i imagine it's the same here as well.

critical vengeance
12-08-2006, 06:49
One correction I'll make now that I've re-read this... if I add a Vamp mod to the scythe, I should be able to get a max +15 HP per swing. The Hammer's Vamp mod gives +5HP per hit, so i imagine it's the same here as well.

i checked on that during the event, sadly it's a 1/-1 mod instead of the hammer mod. I know i was hoping too.

arredondo
12-08-2006, 06:55
Hmmm, that sounds like a Zealous mod, not Vamp. You know, they start off as 1 HP/-1 degen, but if you keep upgrading it, you get the full amount. Maybe that's what you saw - the basic version.

critical vengeance
12-08-2006, 20:01
well i checked the one at the priest of bathazaar, don't you get the best one, or do you have to keep paying like 1k faction to keep upgrading until you get the best mod possible. The one i saw there was defiantly 1/-1, it would seem kinda unfair if it had the hammer type since it does hit 3 times.

Cause it sounds like yeah i didn't pay enough faction, is it like

pay 1k faction for
1/-1

then pay another 1k
for a better thing until you get up to the max mod?

tuacker
13-08-2006, 10:28
pay 1k faction for
1/-1

then pay another 1k

I haven't looked into the Item-Upgrades, but for the runes: 1k for minor, then you can upgrade to major for 2k and at least 3k for superior (not sure about the factions needed, but you have to buy them from worst do best)

ciprialex
15-08-2006, 10:58
well i checked the one at the priest of bathazaar, don't you get the best one, or do you have to keep paying like 1k faction to keep upgrading until you get the best mod possible. The one i saw there was defiantly 1/-1, it would seem kinda unfair if it had the hammer type since it does hit 3 times.

Cause it sounds like yeah i didn't pay enough faction, is it like

pay 1k faction for
1/-1

then pay another 1k

you got it right

critical vengeance
15-08-2006, 14:39
ah sounds like the vamparic modds with be the same as zealous were for the assassins for a while, at least the good ones.

ShadowReapr
21-08-2006, 04:31
Personally, I think I know what they'll do with the Avatars and what Weapons Would Be Really Cool With Them.

If you think about it, it'd be sensible for them to add a Green to each boss where you sig-cap the forms... Now think of the possibilities!

Grenth: Vamp mod
Lyssa: Zealous mod
Balth: Holy mod
Melandru: Dunno... Probably an earthen mod with something else kickass
Dwayna: Something to do with enchantment-lengthening, I guess.

But still, that's not the point. I think the build looks great, we just don't know whether the Derv abilities will withstand the Almighty Nerf that, according to the book of Whiners (chapter 3: verse 12), cometh on the day of the PvE preview.