PDA

View Full Version : Question

lifeinthefridge
01-08-2006, 08:21
Just one question does the message when you change ranks still appear in ha anymore like when rank up like XXX is now rank 8 because I think mine might be glitched or it dint appear i was looking foward to screenshotting it

David Holtzman
01-08-2006, 08:33
They do not appear, just like every other title. Rank is not a special title under the current system and acts the way every other title does.

Savsuds
01-08-2006, 14:54
To maybe reclarify what David is saying, there is no announcement similar to "so and so" has earned a skill point, flashing up in green anymore on the chat logs.

Tucks
01-08-2006, 15:03
Aparently Anet removed it because people got "bullied" over it when they snuck into higher ranked groups. Personaly i think thats bs, but meh.

Buddah
01-08-2006, 19:26
Aparently Anet removed it because people got "bullied" over it when they snuck into higher ranked groups. Personaly i think thats bs, but meh.
It's a good change. I've seen groups break up waiting to get into the HoH after someone hit rank 1 after they won 5 in a row.

Tucks
01-08-2006, 21:55
It's a good change. I've seen groups break up waiting to get into the HoH after someone hit rank 1 after they won 5 in a row.

IMO if the guy snuck in, he deserves to be kicked.

jackwooly
01-08-2006, 23:40
But if he's doing a good job, what's the problem?

I Orca I
02-08-2006, 01:55
yeah, if youve won 5in a row, shouldnt he be doing a fine job at whatever hes doing? If he really sucked then you probably wouldnt have gotten as far as you have.

ZiegDivine
02-08-2006, 02:06
It's called elitism.

David Holtzman
02-08-2006, 03:28
It's called elitism.

Elitism is the name for, "being angry that someone has lied to you?" Fascinating how language changes.

Buddah
02-08-2006, 03:44
Elitism is the name for, "being angry that someone has lied to you?" Fascinating how language changes.
Who says they lied in the first place.

David Holtzman
02-08-2006, 04:32
Who says they lied in the first place.

If someone did not misrepresent themselves to be a certain rank, then why were people surprised when the rank message appeared?

Ace Bear
02-08-2006, 05:18
If someone did not misrepresent themselves to be a certain rank, then why were people surprised when the rank message appeared?
Because David Copperfield and Harry Potter had a child and it became that magical person who doesn't have to flash his rank or at least say his rank before getting into the group. That happens to mean once in a blue moon where the leader doesn't need a rank flash.

Buddah
02-08-2006, 05:43
Because like your own reaction they let a little number override logic.

Actions speak louder than words, as it has been said over and over. The unranked player either showed good judgement to go as long as they did without or no one noted any serious failing. Now consider, which is more important.

A rank emote or the players composure (skill and judgement).

Savsuds
02-08-2006, 06:12
None of us are knowledgeable as to why this was changed by Anet.

Question has been answered thouroughly. Time to close this topic.

David Holtzman
02-08-2006, 07:54
Because like your own reaction they let a little number override logic.

I let a number override logic? Care to provide a citation of that?

Actions speak louder than words, as it has been said over and over. The unranked player either showed good judgement to go as long as they did without or no one noted any serious failing.

Except for the whole lying thing. They probably noticed that, and then kicked him.

Now consider, which is more important.

A rank emote or the players composure (skill and judgement).

Consider which is more important: playing with liars or playing with honest people.

BrotherKurupt
02-08-2006, 09:28
There is a quick and easy solution for this: "zomg lawl 2nd account"

Parker Bsb
02-08-2006, 15:12
ZOMG LAWL this thread is closed