PDA

View Full Version : Assasins in HA

Mooshee
02-08-2006, 09:36
Hi guys.

Could you guys post some viable sin builds for HA just so i can get thinking on how it would work in a party? Thanks.

David Holtzman
02-08-2006, 11:03
I have a better idea: YOU take the initiative to come up with a sin build. Spend some time thinking about what you need and what skills you can bring, and then you post it here. Then we post our critiques.

tarutaru
02-08-2006, 13:54
I have a better idea: YOU take the initiative to come up with a sin build. Spend some time thinking about what you need and what skills you can bring, and then you post it here. Then we post our critiques.

/Quoted For Truth

W're not a build factory you know. The reason the pvp forum exists is to bounce builds off of people and have them react/comment. If you want to ask questions, there's a specific forum for that. But there is no ask for a build/get one forum. Because it isn't too hard to come up with a buld on your own.

Parker Bsb
02-08-2006, 15:19
I agree with Tat and David, the forums aren't here for a "quick gimme a build"... but rather to actually DISCUSS builds/strategies.

With that being said - would a typical aod/gps/hoto/fs/tf do enough damage to kill a ghostlie? I've never tried it

Aiiane
02-08-2006, 16:26
/me whistles and points to the Assassin Forum (http://forums.gwonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=149)

At the same time, as others have mentioned... we're not here to do your work for you - try experimenting so that you at least have a base to work off of. If you want us to devote you some of our effort/time, you should show that you're willing to devote your own effort and time as well.

Super Kenny
03-08-2006, 02:25
I've seen just pure damage dealers for Assassins in HA, usually for smites(dual/triple). You can try-horns of the ox-shock or something of the sort... They're not too popular in HA though, don't expect to get in any pug with a sin.

Grumpy old shiro
03-08-2006, 07:32
Lol great, another place where sins aren't wanted.

Mooshee
03-08-2006, 23:32
Alright ive already started to come up with some combos to use a sin in HA, but do you guys think that an assasin has the potential to become a wanted member of an HA team?

I Orca I
04-08-2006, 02:59
Not untill enough people start playing them corectly, they still have the reputation of being idiotic in terms of playing to the situation.

ZiegDivine
04-08-2006, 03:13
I've played in HA teams where assassins were very useful. Yes, these teams were good, and yes we won matches, however in order for assassin to become one of the jobs people spam for in HA, it's going to have to get skills in Nightfall, otherwise people are going to dismiss it as a pve only profession. In addition, people will have to see a lot of hall holding teams running assassins before they will be willing to give them a try.

borkbork
04-08-2006, 04:00
But I did hold halls recently for 4-5 times with an assassin in the group... :(

Standard AOD teleport guy... yes its "FOTM", but still an assassin!

Dragonfire Archer
14-08-2006, 03:38

Check out this Forum

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=415337

Also for Mooshee

Hi guys.

Could you guys post some viable sin builds for HA just so i can get thinking on how it would work in a party? Thanks.

Assasins don't usually take place is HA, but if you have Aura of Displacement, you can easily go into a GvG solo assasin. These guys jobs are to terminate(by themselves) all archers, bodyguards and other means of defenses against invaders, on the other bases side. The trouble about this is you must be fast, killing your targets quickly, then shadow stepping away. Another way to do this is to go as a A/Me and to use Shadow Form, and keep it up by using Arcane Mimicry. Remember when doing this job. Take out all the NPCs first for they cannot be reborned. If you see any real players make a dash for it. Only stay if you are about to kill an NPC or if you think you can take him/her.

**Sometimes it is good to have 2 assasins for this job**

Ashin
14-08-2006, 10:23

I got the sense that what OP was really asking is "can I be a sin and still be allowed to enjoy HA".

Personally my answer is yes, but be prepared to fight an uphill battle. The players that organize pickup groups are, as a general rule, INCREDIBLY close minded, and I don't think sins are on their standard list of so-called "gimmick" builds.

I have never seen any problem with sins in the right hands, in PvP.. but overall I think there is a stigma around the class because so many players treat their sins like warriors and end up failing miserably. In other words, I think a.net did a nice job with this class (for PvP at least.. I question some things about PvE), but players don't seem to be on the same program for some reason.

Vela
24-08-2006, 16:48
I got the sense that what OP was really asking is "can I be a sin and still be allowed to enjoy HA".

Personally my answer is yes, but be prepared to fight an uphill battle.

It is really what the build needs. HA builds are pretty linear, really. A good Bloodspike, IMHO, can wipe out a lot of good teams with very able and efficient players.

Assassins have good use in HA if the build that takes an assassin can use it to its full capability. I have seen and played against teams with one assassin who continuously harassed the central character in the build or the Sb/infuser or RC/Prot.

But, true flavor of assassins can be enjoyed and realized in GvGs.

My 2 cents.

- Vela

Ozlae
24-08-2006, 19:05
I once played in a NR/Tranq build with heavy conditions and VIM monks. One of the main damage dealers was an assassin and the pressure of the conditions coupled with the damage seemed to do the trick. It was one of the few times I have seen an assassin to be effective in HA. Warriors just seem to be so much better in HA than assassins.

Kool Kirby
25-08-2006, 22:38
For starters, you should have some spells and always a way to save yourself. DO NOT rely too heavily on your team's heal0rz; this will get you owned. Attack using high damage combos and condition spamming for effect. Finally, energy management is also a big part, and cooldowns, especially those of your attack skills, can stop you and kill you if you don't plan them right.

Shadow arts has nice skills, dark escape, heart of shadow, shadow refuge, way of the fox (this is big, you can completely own block/evaders with this, and also no one uses this).

Deadly arts, impale, signet of shadows w/temple strike (always carry a backup w/temple tho, and use twisting's conditions to "cover" the blind/daze), siphon speed, and more. This really isn't heavily investigated.

Golden Pheonix, Black Lotus, and Palm strike are all ways to "bypass" the lead/off/dual combos. Going for more unorthodox combos can be better in some cases. Try the hot stepper premade build, then play around with it till you are happy. That is a great place to start.