PDA

View Full Version : D/R build-Symbiosis

mr godspeed
05-08-2006, 05:52
Ok just wondering if you make a good D/R build all focused around symbiosis.

Symbiosis-5e rc-60
Create a level 1-10 spirit. For creatures within its range, for EACH enchantment on that creature that creature maximum health is increased by 27-150. Dies after 30-150 secs.

At 9 bm it gives +88 max health for 66 secs. So with all the dervishes enchantments he/she could have quite a large amount of health. If he/she has 4 enchants on them that is 4*88=+352 health. Am i right? Just wondering if this would be worth even trying. Plus it would help all your allies to if they enchants.

You could be a great healer to using Imbue health:
e10 1/4ct rc 10
Target other ally is healed for 30-50% of your maximum health (maximum 300).

critical vengeance
05-08-2006, 06:02
it would help your foes too, although this might go nice with the form that gives plus 200 health too :D

Edward Fireborn
06-08-2006, 06:37
Nice idea, put unfortunatly it would probably be nerfed before Nightfall is released

Azrael STX
06-08-2006, 10:12
Yes, they're going to nerf Dervishes to not use enchantments. That's likely.

Paul Pluto
06-08-2006, 13:45
Yes, they're going to nerf Dervishes to not use enchantments. That's likely.

:shocked: Uhhh I don't think it'll be quite that bad!

They would need to complteley redesign the dervish and most of its skills then if they were to use enchantments.

They will be nerfed as a balance but not enchantless

Goldfish God
06-08-2006, 14:38
I forgot the name of it, but wouldn't that new Ranger spirit (tranquility?) that ends enchantments faster actually be helpful for dervishes, while penalising opponents (and non-dervish allies)? Ending enchantments is benefitial for Dervish and many of their enchantments had less recharge than their duration.

Bobross
06-08-2006, 20:36
not really necessary, as they've got tons of skills that end enchantments anyway, ideally, a dervish wants long lasting enchantments, and the ability to remove them at exactly the time that they want to get the after-effect. Hence the skill extend enchantments, making all enchantments last longer, but ending all enchantments when it ends.

tuacker
07-08-2006, 12:00
Now mix that with Avatar of Melandru

For 1-60 seconds, you have +200 Health, you are unaffected by Conditions, and your attacks deal earth damage. This skill is disabled for 120 seconds. This is an elite skill.

Greetings 1k hp? :)

critical vengeance
07-08-2006, 18:55
1k hp would be nice.. espcially for taking damage and you can't get conditions for awhile then too. Hello cloth armor tanking :P

Bozo69PD
08-08-2006, 18:18
Hmm sounds cool I'm just wondering how practical it would be. Since as a warrior you can also get 1k hp just by using str skills. Having lots of hp is kinda neat in case u get degen'd, but healing is better. I really don't see how D/R with 1k hp really could fit into a GvG or PvE build. Maybe RA?

Nekretaal
08-08-2006, 18:55
Dont be too quick to write it off. With 1k hp, it would completely impossible for blood spike to kill your dervish. 6 spikers using shadow strike simply dont have the raw damage firepower to kill your dervish as a matter of Math, not as a matter of player skill. This is without monk/infuser help or reversal of fortune, etc.

Between the aftercast and the Vampiric Gaze followup, you would also have the time to self-heal by removing the enchantments yourself, because removing enchantments gains you health too.

Blood has held halls many times and is a strong HA build and you would just own it.

And that's the point: sybiosis allows you to tank a lot more (Dervish is a health tank that cant depend on armor or evasion to stay alive) and increases your abilities enourmously, and the removing of enchantments heals you after you've taken a lot of damage. You are exponentially increasing your effectiveness by increasing the healing from the primary and the ability to health tank.

Symbiosis would make degen obsolete, removing one weakness of the dervish, and would make you spike proof.

Bozo69PD
08-08-2006, 21:31
Symbiosis would make degen obsolete, removing one weakness of the dervish, and would make you spike proof.

hmm I suppose you do have a point. I think it would be better to simply have a ranger bring it though so all the dervishes can benefit from it. Don't forget though when the game comes out alot of people are going to be playing dervishes, chances are you will go up against a heavy dervish team also. Maybe if your team has like 4-5 dervishes it could be pretty tough?