PDA

View Full Version : [Elonian Lore] I wonder how many chicks Mhenlo had in-tow in Elona?

Ezra
08-08-2006, 01:59
Not only that, but how much involvement will the Tyrians have in Elona? Do any of the ascended NPCs from Prophecies have any links to Elona the way Mhenlo had his "links" to Cantha?

Will the introduction of customisable henchies mean the end of their participation in all things outside of Tyria and Cantha? Will Cynn ever feel jealous of Mhenlo again?

Quintus Antonius
08-08-2006, 02:03
I don't think there is any real way to tell without having the game released, to be honest. No one could have predicted Mhenlo's participation in Factions, since it was rather sudden. I'm sure there will be something though. I wouldn't be surprised if it ties in with the old Prophecies henchmen (Stephen and co.).

Zaxares
08-08-2006, 02:50
I don't think there is any real way to tell without having the game released, to be honest. No one could have predicted Mhenlo's participation in Factions, since it was rather sudden. I'm sure there will be something though. I wouldn't be surprised if it ties in with the old Prophecies henchmen (Stephen and co.).

Stefan, not Stephen. :wink:

Vasha Lien
08-08-2006, 04:43
I really hope they don't try another cheesy tie-in.
Who could they really use anyhow? Cynn? There's a laugh and a half.

Someone like Verata would be interesting though, or Oberon considering both went a bit insane with the war and tried to make their own little undead armies.

hexal
08-08-2006, 05:59
Well Elona is a land of wealth and power, I can se Cynn being a main character in the story. I very much doubt Oberan will be in the storyline. It's a bit hard to be a main character when your kinda dead.

Quintus Antonius
08-08-2006, 06:30
We know Cynn's past though. The only way I could see her tying in is if she has some "long lost great rich uncle" who is also the sultan of something. And as Vasha pointed out, I sorely hope that's not the case.

Are there any African/Black or Arabic NPCs or Henchmen in either campaigns? Evennia comes to mind, but I'm not sure how big a role she could play, and for some reason, the henchmen aren't coming to mind clearly to me right now (it's 1:30 AM).

Dragonfire Archer
08-08-2006, 06:38

I don't really think any henchmen will be involved. I think probably it will just be someone new as Nika, Proffesor Gai, Sistar Tai are all in Factions. As Lina, Stefan, Orion, Dunham all played parts in Prophecies. I think the only people in the third campaign will be Nika, Mhenlo, Cynn, Aidan, maybe Jamei, Devona. All the regular crew.

Blobulator
08-08-2006, 06:55
I don't really think any henchmen will be involved. I think probably it will just be someone new as Nika, Proffesor Gai, Sistar Tai are all in Factions. As Lina, Stefan, Orion, Dunham all played parts in Prophecies. I think the only people in the third campaign will be Nika, Mhenlo, Cynn, Aidan, maybe Jamei, Devona. All the regular crew.

I think both Jamei and Nika would stay in Cantha, see as Mhenlo is already the monk, and assassins are Canthan only (And you forgot our little bundle of joy, Eve :wink: ).

As for Evennia, it is possible. I read somewhere that Evennia was Elonian? May not have been entirely accurate, I'd have to check that out. Still, the Aurios Mines were allegedly created by the Deldrimor Dwarves, so who is to say there will not be a cross-over with another group from Tyria? The only problem I would see with this is the fact that players can travel between continents after reaching Lions Arch, however there is no sign of Evennia until the Maguuma Jungle.

Quintus Antonius
08-08-2006, 06:58
We know almost for certain that there will be plot references to the Elonians in the Crystal Desert, as one of the principalities of Elona still refrences the leader of the Nation of Elonia.

lavenbb
08-08-2006, 07:36
I think Mhenlo and friend's story will be a lot more complicated if they are to tie them into the third campaign as well.. seeing as how they must also make the story plausible for people who only had factions..

If the henchies were used to make it so that people have something they are familiar with which they can relate to in a new environment, I think Mhenlo and friends will be the only candidate, as few things are cross chapter.

I really hate Cynn myself.. and would Kill for Cynn to not make chapter 3...

Maybe they'll use people from factions? Since they don't really care to go back to older chapters.. Danika and Aurora did say they're tired of the war..

Zaxares
08-08-2006, 08:07
Perhaps Eve turns out to be some long lost princess of an Elonian nation? :tongue: After all, we've never had any concrete information on Eve's childhood, where she came from or who were her parents.

Blobulator
08-08-2006, 08:50
Perhaps Eve turns out to be some long lost princess of an Elonian nation? :tongue: After all, we've never had any concrete information on Eve's childhood, where she came from or who were her parents.

Acutally the Factions booklet has a very detailed biography of Eve. Explaining how she was orphaned into an all-girls academy in Ascalon or something and bit off another girl's ear after a mean prank :shocked:. The biography does say that Cynn, Devona, etc, met her in Ascalon, even though we don't see her until the Southern Shiverpeaks, but the booklet does detail some information on her childhood.

Reikai
08-08-2006, 08:55
you know... cynn is supposably very pretty... (and wears a thong ^_^) so you know... it sort of might explain why the evil king unleashes the evil god guy xD

Altheus
08-08-2006, 09:56
you can find cynn in pre-searing ascalon on the right side when you going to the rurik, and in manulal they says she born in surmia....

evil meister
08-08-2006, 10:02
Evennia loks like a paragon, because her armour iis all white and shiny. and paragons come from elona. The only problem there is that she's a monk though.
maybe monks have paragon-ish clothes in elona.

Melly
08-08-2006, 10:47
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/pinkmakona/GuildWars/188px-Evennia.jpg

Evennia does seem Elonian.. and her clothes look like a cross between paragon and monk. It would be neat if she tied into Ch. 3 somehow, though I doubt it.

Elvin Drude
08-08-2006, 11:56
you can find cynn in pre-searing ascalon on the right side when you going to the rurik, and in manulal they says she born in surmia....

just because Cynn was born in Surmia does not mean she cannot travel over to Ascalon. Rurik, iirc, is from Rin, but we meet him in Ascalon City. There is no reason they cannot travel around, just we, the heroes, do.

Ezra
08-08-2006, 12:21
Are there any African/Black or Arabic NPCs or Henchmen in either campaigns? Evennia comes to mind, but I'm not sure how big a role she could play, and for some reason, the henchmen aren't coming to mind clearly to me right now (it's 1:30 AM).

There's always Lina. She was pretty dark before going to Crystal Desert and getting her "untan". :P

Darakus
08-08-2006, 16:26
Ah, you'll see Mhenlo will get a call from the order of the light spear to help with a problem they've seen.

That or we could have contact initiated through our great Elonian Spirit Friend, Mr Ossa.

Quintus Antonius
08-08-2006, 17:46
That or we could have contact initiated through our great Elonian Spirit Friend, Mr Ossa.

That's a big "d'oh" right there. I can't believe I didn't see that one coming :tongue:

It may be as simple as that.

Karuro
08-08-2006, 18:07
"My....... People...... Are........ In........... Great......... Da--" *Skips convo*
Mr. Ossa's voice makes me sleepy.

If it'll be Evennia, we can expect some more Fist-Shaking ^^

Quintus Antonius
08-08-2006, 18:14
Ossa did sound like a heavy smoker, didn't he. Maybe he just breathed in too much sand in the Desert.

Tharkun Greyhame
08-08-2006, 18:21
I really hope its not Ossa. His role would seem to make sense as far as characters go (his background fits the part well, after all), but lets hope its actually his slight-faster-speaking and more-normal-voiced cousin who actually leads us around Elona. His voice bothers me. We need a good voice, like Elder Rhea.

.. oh, wait....

Ohanzee
08-08-2006, 18:22
mhenolo, "oh NOEZ i'm really from ELONA LoL! WE gotta kill the undead guy because he will ruin the whole world with his 13337oneoneone undead ghostly powers!" cynn, " blah blah blah im pist!" some dumb oracle, "like you gotta ascend before you can fight him el oh el, the fate of the world is in your hands again"
-official script of chapter 3

teh Monkeys
08-08-2006, 21:02
You forgot the part about the annoying npc hero.

Gmr Leon
08-08-2006, 23:44
....Kill the Prophecies heroes in some tragic accident that happens in a plothole which leads to them never reappearing in future chapters. =P Bringing them back once I don't mind,but it would just get tiresome dealing with them throughout each chapter. If you like one of the heroes just go back to Prophecies to see them,easy as that.

Dunno why,I just really am tired of those guys. I wouldn't mind some ghost or someone from Elona coming to plea for help though. I don't think it will be Turrai Ossa just because I doubt him popping up all of a sudden in Lion's Arch asking for the player's help.

My only hope is that they don't bring back the Prophecies heroes again. Also,the only reason Evennia may/might not be the one asking for our help is that whole Lion's Arch>Kryta>White Mantle. Then again we can speak to the White Mantle after killing a bunch of them so who really knows..

Gordon Michael
09-08-2006, 02:05
Mhenlo was trained in Shing Jea Monastery back when they still accepted students from overseas. He could've made friends with dozens of lonely overseas students. Cynn or Eve could also have an Orrian friend from Nolani Academy or the academy at Surmia who was presumed dead after the sinking of Arah, but managed to escape to Elona by ship with other refugees, and sent a letter upon hearing that Alcalon wasn't completely destroyed by the Searing and the Charr invasion.

We know Cynn's past though. The only way I could see her tying in is if she has some "long lost great rich uncle" who is also the sultan of something. And as Vasha pointed out, I sorely hope that's not the case.

Pretty much everyone in Kryta looks African or Polynesian, Vizier Khilbron's got a middle-eastern title and most of the undead horde bosses have middle-eastern sounding names (I suspect that Vabbi may have started out as an Orrian colony or trading outpost, and the Orrians were known for their magical prowess, which is consistent with the floating palaces). I think the most likely Elonian is Saidra, she has white armor with the same sunburst design that's popular in Elonian armor, and, unlike any other NPC, she has a Caribbean or African accent. It's possible that the quest that takes Elonian characters to Tyria is similar to The Wayward Wizard and The Captured Son, with a worried parent or sibling telling you that Saidra's fallen in with bandits or rebels and sending you to talk some sense into her and bring her home before she gets herself killed. Evennia might also be Elonian, she's the founder (or at least the current leader) of the Shining Blade, and their symbol is a sword inside a sunburst. They could throw in some backstory about Evennia being inspired by the Sunspears and basing the Shining Blade's name and symbol on them.

captain lucky
09-08-2006, 08:56
It also possible that some of the henchmen/other characters from cantha could be the characters that take you to elona

Ezra
09-08-2006, 09:16
Assuming they're not assassins or ritualists, as has been suggested before. It wouldn't surprise me, either, that they'd be going across.

I'm curious about the henchies that level up with you. Whether we will be able to affect the builds of the current NPCs like Mhenlo or Lukas, assuming they travel with us to Elona.

Divinity Archer
09-08-2006, 19:04
I do doubt if evennia wil get into the elonian plot. Sure she looks a bit like an elonian, but I can't imagin how the shining blade an elonian people are connected with each other.

I would love to see cynn as leading character, I always loved her attitude towards other, would make some pretty funny situations ^^

Valium in a Hallway
09-08-2006, 19:22
Master Togo will return in Mhenlo's body !!!

Ezra
10-08-2006, 00:18
I guess we'll know more when the NPE happens, and all the stuff leading up to it. I remember when there was Canthan stuff spilling into LA and the Krytan surrounds for a couple of weeks. Perhaps something similar might happen again, only in Cantha?

They would want to keep their freshest material in the spotlight, so I doubt they'll be doing anything in Prophecies. That's assuming they follow their previous unveiling procedure. But who knows, they could have access to Nightfall as seperate from both chapters to remain even to those who chose not to buy either copy.

Linsle
10-08-2006, 21:03
It's possible that the quest that takes Elonian characters to Tyria is similar to The Wayward Wizard and The Captured Son, with a worried parent or sibling telling you that Saidra's fallen in with bandits or rebels and sending you to talk some sense into her and bring her home before she gets herself killed.

Wasn't Saidra killed in Ice Caves of Sorrow?

Quintus Antonius
10-08-2006, 21:37
Yup, she leeroyed a group of Mursaat and was Spectral Agonied to death.

Zaxares
11-08-2006, 01:07
Yup, she leeroyed a group of Mursaat and was Spectral Agonied to death.

Rather funny considering one time we were a group of fully infused players and could have slaughtered all the Mursaat if we wanted to. :laugh:

Quintus Antonius
11-08-2006, 01:11
Yeah, I always feel like Willy Wonka watching her run into that group:

"No...wait...stop...don't...oh no...please don't...." while looking the complete other way, haha.

Gordon Michael
11-08-2006, 01:56
Wasn't Saidra killed in Ice Caves of Sorrow?
Yeah, but there's a 99% chance that every X to Tyria travel quest takes you to Lion's Arch, which means that she'd still be alive at that point in the plot. And, like a certain Shing Jea Island quest, if she dies before you finish the quest, informing the quest giver of the sad news would count as quest completion and give you the reward.

I do doubt if evennia wil get into the elonian plot. Sure she looks a bit like an elonian, but I can't imagin how the shining blade an elonian people are connected with each other.

I would love to see cynn as leading character, I always loved her attitude towards other, would make some pretty funny situations ^^
I don't think Evennia has any chance of actually being in Elona, but I can see the Elona to Tyria travel quest involving Saidra's cousin, grandmother, unkle or something sending you over to talk her into leaving the Shining Blade, then, upon discovering the truth about the Shining Blade, going back to Elona and explaining to the relative that the Shining Blade are the good guys and Saidra knows exactly what she's doing. I think it's more likely that the Elona to Tyria quest involves one of Mhenlo, Cynn or Eve's foreign exchange student friends (or a relative of Captain Greywind) hearing that he / she survived the searing asking you to check on them. As for Elona to Cantha, I think that quest involves a Canthan ambassador or trader. Of course some kind of seer, prophet or fortuneteller could cover pretty much any intercontinental travel quest.

Divinity Archer
11-08-2006, 07:46
If the Shining blade have a big part in Nightfall, it sounds more like an expansion than a stand-alone game to me. I think we are looking for connections that aren't there, I don't think nightfall has anything to do with the phropecies plot. If it does, it would be a little unfair to players who don't have phropecies.

lavenbb
11-08-2006, 08:08
Let's put it this way, in essense, GW is one game. Different chapters might have a sub-plot with an ending, but they all share one grand scheme.

You could've said it was not fair for Mhenlo to come to cantha as well.

DeathDealer
11-08-2006, 08:29
Someone like Verata would be interesting though, or Oberon considering both went a bit insane with the war and tried to make their own little undead armies.

Oberon became an undead didn't he? He was a boss in Gates of Kryta

Santax
11-08-2006, 10:03
I think Mhenlo and friend's story will be a lot more complicated if they are to tie them into the third campaign as well.. seeing as how they must also make the story plausible for people who only had factions..

If the henchies were used to make it so that people have something they are familiar with which they can relate to in a new environment, I think Mhenlo and friends will be the only candidate, as few things are cross chapter.

I really hate Cynn myself.. and would Kill for Cynn to not make chapter 3...

Maybe they'll use people from factions? Since they don't really care to go back to older chapters.. Danika and Aurora did say they're tired of the war..
If they do add any Factions characters to Nightfall, it would be Danika, Argo and Lo Sha, who were the only ones to be mentioned in the Factions Manuscripts.

Gordon Michael
12-08-2006, 01:26
If the Shining blade have a big part in Nightfall, it sounds more like an expansion than a stand-alone game to me. I think we are looking for connections that aren't there, I don't think nightfall has anything to do with the phropecies plot. If it does, it would be a little unfair to players who don't have phropecies.
I wasn't suggesting that. I was suggesting that they're involved in the travel quest, with no Shining Blade actually in Elona and only one Elonian NPC mentioning them, possibly referring to them as "some bandits".

I think the quest might go something like this
Saidra's Grandmother (Elona): Help, my granddaughter's joined some bandits in Kryta, go talk some sense into her before she gets herself killed.
Krytan Captain (Elona): You want to go to Kryta? Granny Saidra already paid for you.
Firstwatch Sergio: Bandits? We haven't had any bandit trouble, but we have been having trouble with a HUGE UNDEAD HORDE!!! Anyway, you'd better formally report your presence the White Mantle, talk to Armen the Guide for directions.
(get caught up in Report to the White Mantle, D'Alessio Seaboard, Divinity Coast, The Wilds and Bloodstone Fen)
Saidra (outside Quarrel Falls): You've seen the truth about the White Mantle, once they've subdued Kryta they'll march eastwart to Ascalon and Elona and send ships to conquer Cantha and other lands, tell my grandmother what I'm fighting for.
(quest completed, talk to Saidra's Grandmother for your reward)
(reward dialogue), or (alternate reward dialogue) if yo don't get the reward until after Ice Caves of Sorrow

But, like I said earlier, the Elona to Tyria travel quest probably centers around Mhenlo, Cynn, Devona, Aidan or Eve, and probably doesn't involve the Shining Blade at all.

Renegade Returns
12-08-2006, 22:54
I think that Evennia might be called back to Elona to help her people fight against the evil god, who is the main enemy according to some accounts. Evennias father might be a trainer at the starting point for the Elonians and the story might go on like in Factions. But i think they are going to think of something new like Evennias father as the King of some tribe and badly needs help. I think thats how we will get to Elona in the first place. Evennia will want our help again in aiding her to save her home.

Santax
13-08-2006, 11:32
I think that Evennia might be called back to Elona to help her people fight against the evil god, who is the main enemy according to some accounts. Evennias father might be a trainer at the starting point for the Elonians and the story might go on like in Factions. But i think they are going to think of something new like Evennias father as the King of some tribe and badly needs help. I think thats how we will get to Elona in the first place. Evennia will want our help again in aiding her to save her home.
Evennia is Elonian?

Gmr Leon
13-08-2006, 16:56
It's just a simple theory/idea that she is Elonian because of her skin color and the style of clothing she wears.

Quintus Antonius
13-08-2006, 17:44
I think it's a bit presumptious. She wears white because she thinks her cause is righteous, and she may have even been a member of the White Mantle previously. Her skin and accent are not so different from any other Kryta, really.

I don't think she is Elonian; but I suppose it's possible, albeit a bit unlikely.

Indigo Montari
13-08-2006, 20:26
If they realy want to get a hench into the elonian story line like Mhenlo and factions, they should pick Eve, after all there is part of her past even she does not know about.
They could bring Mhenlo and the rest of the gang over to elonia allso.

halfthought
13-08-2006, 20:49
no, of course theyll be involved, anyone see the lexon boat in the harbour in a pvp map, or the luxon ship in the screeny?

Gmr Leon
14-08-2006, 01:12
no, of course theyll be involved, anyone see the lexon boat in the harbour in a pvp map, or the luxon ship in the screeny?

You mean the one in that swampish map during the weekend event? If so that isn't a Luxon boat,it is an Elonian boat.

Gordon Michael
14-08-2006, 05:29
I'm 99% sure that's not happening. The plotlines of Prophecies and Factions are set up in such a way that things make sense if you travel to another continent at the first oppertunity, and if you don't travel until after you finish the campaign. This plotline would only make sense after completing the Prophecies campaign. However she could have a relative over in Elona.

I think it's a bit presumptious. She wears white because she thinks her cause is righteous, and she may have even been a member of the White Mantle previously. Her skin and accent are not so different from any other Kryta, really.

I don't think she is Elonian; but I suppose it's possible, albeit a bit unlikely.
Yeah, I think it's far more likely that Saidra may be Elonian. No other Tyrians have the same accent. There's no way we'll see her in Elona either, but we might see some of her relatives.

If they realy want to get a hench into the elonian story line like Mhenlo and factions, they should pick Eve, after all there is part of her past even she does not know about.
They could bring Mhenlo and the rest of the gang over to elonia allso.
Yeah, I might've said it already, but Eve or Cynn could have a friend or old flame from Nolani or Surmia academy who's an Elonian or an Orrian who's now a refugee living in Elona. And Mhenlo could've had more friends / "friends" among Shing Jea Monastery's foreign exchange students.

Quintus Antonius
14-08-2006, 05:39
That's not true either, some of the Krytans have accents similar to Saidras, and most Krytans also have tattoos and such like Evennia. I think they are both just Krytan rebels, no connections to Elona whatsoever.

I'm betting the crossover comes in the Crystal Desert. The Ghostly Hero tells you to go to Elona for whatever reason, and then you do, and bam. It will probably be at the Tomb Of Primeval Kings, which makes the most sense, or Shing Jea for Canthans. Either that or the Zaishen at the Battle Isles say something like "We've traced the Chaos to Elona, now get your butt there."

ObaBear
16-08-2006, 23:45
Hmmm. I'd laugh if part of the storyline was that Aidan's mother was Elonian. Give the man some time to shine. :D

Daggerpoint
18-08-2006, 22:22
Or, Mhenlo's cousin, who's chillin' in elonia, sends him an TM on his cell phone and's like "omfg, some noob -@3$ god is tryin' to take ova again, wanna go farm his green drop?" and mhenlo TM's him back, saying " Sure, i'll bring cynn cuse i always bring cynn and i'll bring danika because she has a whiny voice" Mhenlo invites you too,then the gang jacks a boat in cantha and tryia at the same time, because thats how they roll.

Seriously, though, I would hope that they focus on someone OTHER THAN MHENLO. They can put them as the head of the monastery or something, maybe.... I'd like to see the faction henches get their spotlight, considering that the guys from prophecies got all the info in the Canthas Manual

Sheikh Al Stranghi
02-09-2006, 10:34
When it turns out that ALESIA takes on the role in Elona that Mhenlo had in Cantha, I'll be laughing my butt off.

akbaroth
09-09-2006, 01:13
i support that evenia is going to elona. don't bother responding to this, i'm just saying i'm one more vote for evennia.

logik
09-09-2006, 01:22
am i not understanding something? on the GW website it says Menhlo was born in Serenity Temple in Ascalon and spend most of his time there, how could he be from Cantha????

hexal
09-09-2006, 02:03
He's not from Cantha, he just spent most of his childhood in Shing Jea.

Spirit of Sephiroth
09-09-2006, 02:46
am i not understanding something? on the GW website it says Menhlo was born in Serenity Temple in Ascalon and spend most of his time there, how could he be from Cantha????

He's not from Cantha, he just spent most of his childhood in Shing Jea.

This is the most obvious conflict between the two games EVER.

Also - this is obviously NOT a truly story driven game, so who cares? I'll buy NF as long as it has new places to PvP, and new endgame PvE.

The story and go to the mists for all I care:soapbox:

I doubt anyone got that last one, but whatever...

-Spirit

Durza the Shadeking
09-09-2006, 05:32
Spirit of Sephiroth, how is this a conflict between the two games.
Mhenlo of Ascalon was born in Serenity Temple and, do to his remarkable power, he was trained in Shing Jea. Though we can not do this, it might have been: A. this rule did not exist at the time. or: B. a special exception was made in his case.

Also:while Anet gutted the storyline for both games, it still hold a huge amount of history and lore, if you look deep enough.

Quintus Antonius
09-09-2006, 05:55
I'm Mexican, but was born in Philadelpha, and grew up in Hermitage (which is far away from Philly). Doesn't mean there is a conflict in my life, just means I moved at a young age.

I agree with Durza on this one. There isn't a big conflict.

tomezadas
12-09-2006, 14:55
Well, reading all this i thought, i'm really old fashioned, how can i still read the manuals???
Well i pretty much enjoyed factions manual, particullarelly the part that said EVE: born on : unknow!

Then reading this i remember, that annoying group of mhenlo always get their big stuffed nose in anything that gives us TRUE HEROS problems, so i might think on EVE as a possible link to Elona!

Hedge
12-09-2006, 15:05
Its Gwen.

Gwen is the common link.

Duh!

TiNkLeR
12-09-2006, 15:10
OMG, did Mhenlo eated Gwen? I HOPE SO! :D It would be nice some dramatic scene like that hahahahah.

tomezadas
12-09-2006, 15:11
Gwen is a little bit too much dead to be the link in my opinion, becouse if shes not dead, she has eaten the charr during the searing with her ravaging troll tusks!

Moiax
14-09-2006, 23:59
I wonder how many people would buy nightfall if the only information that they gave us was that Gwen was involved.

Edward Fireborn
17-09-2006, 07:33
Originally Posted By:Moiax

I wonder how many people would buy nightfall if the only information that they gave us was that Gwen was involved.

Quite alot....

Im personally hoping that Mhenlo and His Group are in Elona, maybe someone else has friends in Elona such as Aidan or Devona?

Drafell
17-09-2006, 11:00
Alternate plot line:

Gwen turns out to be the long lost love child of Mhenlo and some Elonian princess, who he met while training in Shin Jea. Of course, Mhenlo doesn't know this, and when he find's out he has to travel to Elonia to find said princess.
Naturally he would take Cynn with him.

The Elonian princess was so angry when Mhenlo walked out on her that her rage defies time, and spawns the whole Flameseeker and Shiro campaigns.

There may be some big plotholes, but then this IS a fantasy game.

It could be true...

tomezadas
17-09-2006, 13:12
naaa if that's true -Cynn would join the outcast god with the sole purpose o f being her killing mhenlo, I hate their idiotic group, with the exceptions of cynn and eve!

hendryx
21-09-2006, 13:19
I just wanted to point something out here, people have stated that one of the reasons why evenia couldn't be the connection between Tyria and Elona is becuase you haven't yet met her when you first hit Lions Arch. However people are fine with the idea that you could perhaps have the Ghostly Hero as the connection point, even though you don't meet him when you first hit Lion's Arch.

Now I just wanted to point out this slight bias there seems to be.. and point at the fact that there is most likly going to be some form of "you most have completed up to x mission" before you can cross, and that while Lion's Arch is the main shipping point and therefore the departure point to Elona, the quest we take to travel to Elona could be recieved at any place in the game and really from anyone.

Now I agree that the connection person most likly wont be Evenia, but lets just use the same rules and logic for all people and try not to have too much bias here.

On another note, something that has been pondering me is how they are going to deal with which chapter you get the quest(s) from. If you have access to both Cantha and Tyria, are they going to force you to perhaps get the quest from your country of orgin, or will they maybe allow you to recieve the quest from ether country but then when you accept one you can't accept the other.

I'm also asuming we will most likly get NPCs from both chapter in Elona. It just makes sence to me. For someone that doesn't have Factions, they could be brought over from Tyria with some a couple of Tyria NPCs and when they end up in Elona there are some Elona based NPCs, as well as NPCs they've never met before but are from Factions. Similar could also happen for someone who only happens to own Factions.

It would mean that it didn't matter what chapters you own, the tie-ins would make sence.

Unknown Hatred
21-09-2006, 18:29
its obviously going to be Varesh Ossai as the Mhen-ster's new '0mg t3h hawt gf l0l0' (please don't hurt me) she's obviously abandoned her ghost husband Turai (i dont know if he's her husband, don't quote me on it),

and Cynn is going to be like:

http://gw.gamewikis.org/images/3/30/Meteor_Shower.jpg

Karuro
21-09-2006, 20:07
Varesh is the great-great-great-great-great-(couple of more great's?)-granddaughter of Turai Ossa. Them being a couple would be wrong.
I didn't quote :)

Minionman
21-09-2006, 20:47
Tyria to Elona guess: tomb of the primevil kings, some zaischen mentions that "We've had a simlar problem in elona as here, travel to Lion's arch and make your way to the continent to deal with this mysterious evil. (though this would split the prohecies story since your character leaves the white mantle/shining blade dangling.)

This may also happen in amnoon oasis, with a zaischen, both ways means we avoid the "low level tyrians go to Elona and quest up), if elona has a similar system where you reach about level 20 at the port city

elona to Tyria: "You have heard of Turai Ossa I presume, the long ago hero of Vabbi. Long ago Turai had studied the flameseeker prophecies, ancient predictions of trouble in Tyria. Turai assumed he was the hero mentioned in the prophecies, and travelled long ago to the crystal desert ot seek destiny in Tyrian lands.

Time passed, and we had recieved no word from Turai. Now, however, news from Tyria suggests that the flameseeker prophecies may come to pass soon. As one of our prized sunspears, it may be that a younger one will fulfill the prophecies. You must go to Tyria, and see what is happening there."

Cantha and Elona: probably some ambassadors, as said before. possibly the homeless Canthans with the mirrors send you there., :)

tomezadas
21-09-2006, 22:47
Eve, or Gwen(suposing she has eaten the charr with her ravaging tusks) are the best link i can find!