PDA

View Full Version : [Elonian Lore] Campaign 2 and Campaign 3 SL links

Laibeus Lord
08-08-2006, 10:48
According to the GW TW site: http://guildwars.nctaiwan.com/event/globeEvent/ch3Preview/event.asp

As translated by my friend:
"The evil that corrupted Shiro Tagachi is now quietly influencing Nightfall."

(rough translation)

What's your take?

Goldfish God
08-08-2006, 11:56
Well, Shiro was a grim-reaper type envoy for a bit, which meant contact with UW, Grenth's domain, and any other kinda "spirit" realms. Since the big theory atm is Dhuum/Menzies/Outcast God it's reasonable to assume that that Shiro could easily have come into contact with another, more powerful inhabitant of the spirit realms.

It may even be that the one (menzies or dhuum, can't remeber which) who was destroyed was "reaped" by Shiro and bargained/tricked Shiro into a bad move.

Humans might have been less influenceable since they're sitting around in the mortal realm, as opposed to being exposed to spirits on such a level that they might let their guard down enough to be influenced by anything (can't even see into the spiritrealm until We No Su). Gods are already present in the human mind (via religion, temples, the odd avatar or two etc) so their influence will pervade, but an unrecognised spirit will probably be thought of as dangerous.

Quintus Antonius
08-08-2006, 17:42
Wow, that's a good piece of information. I'd like to call attention back to the original trailer for Factions, where Shiro is bowing and his eyes flash red, indicating he was suddenly posessed by something.

Once again, I think things are pointing towards Dhuum. Like I said in another thread, I think ANet is quietly tying all the chapters together.

teh Monkeys
08-08-2006, 18:38
Quite horribly. But yes, atleast they're trying. :)

lavenbb
08-08-2006, 23:52
My gosh, from now on I should add GWtaiwan into my bookmark list and delete the stupid, uninformative english site >:(

False Visage
09-08-2006, 00:58
Only if you can read Chinese. Lol

I am still learning but didn't get much out of it, too many obscure nouns for me.

Sounds Risky
09-08-2006, 01:30
"The evil that corrupted Shiro Tagachi is now QUIETLY influencing Nightfall."

It sounds like Dhuum/Menzies/Etc. wouldn't actually show up in any kind of avatar/physical form then.

lavenbb
09-08-2006, 01:53
Only if you can read Chinese. Lol

I am still learning but didn't get much out of it, too many obscure nouns for me.

And I can :tongue:

In their paragon description they also talked about how a paragon becomes a paragon. Each paragon had experienced something that caused near death during their early childhood, the fact that they survived is viewed as them being favored by the Gods. Since their lives are works of miracles, they are dedicated at protecting others, at the expense of their own lives. :)

Laibeus Lord
09-08-2006, 08:23
Wow, that's a good piece of information. I'd like to call attention back to the original trailer for Factions, where Shiro is bowing and his eyes flash red, indicating he was suddenly posessed by something.

Once again, I think things are pointing towards Dhuum. Like I said in another thread, I think ANet is quietly tying all the chapters together.

Yes that one, that's the video I was referring to in the thread about "Maybe Shiro isn't evil after all" (something in that line) (too lazy to dig up my CDs and watch it again..)

I was really surprised when the GWF final released SL somewhat contradicts or ignored the GWF trailers. Now it does make sense.

It's cool that ANet is tying all the campaigns together "in-game SL" that is, instead of just relying to the manuscript lore content. That also adds more questions, in Tyria alone, one way or another, Tyrian events may be connected to Cantha and Elona as well.

And I can :tongue:

In their paragon description they also talked about how a paragon becomes a paragon. Each paragon had experienced something that caused near death during their early childhood, the fact that they survived is viewed as them being favored by the Gods. Since their lives are works of miracles, they are dedicated at protecting others, at the expense of their own lives. :)

They touched the theory of "Near-Death Experience" (NDE). They already touched the theory of the "Temporal Distortion" (Lord Odran). They sure are making the SL/Lore very interesting. I just hope they don't leave these side SL/history/Lore just that. I hope they pick it up in the future Campaigns, or additional content. ^_^ (A again a Book.)

Goldfish God
09-08-2006, 12:18
I can see it now...

"chapter 4: it was all a dream, and then everyone woke up" :laugh:

jlmodell
09-08-2006, 12:28
My warrior is gonna wake up at her keyboard as a weak little girl! rofl

Quintus Antonius
09-08-2006, 16:34
It was all Gwen's dream of being a great adventurer like her father.

Ezra
09-08-2006, 23:26
I can see it now...

"chapter 4: it was all a dream..." :laugh:

Or WAS it!?

DUN Dun duuuuuuuuhn....

highfivesucka
09-08-2006, 23:33
nono when Shiro went into the UW he saw Gwen's ghost who corrupted him and made him terrorize cantha

Santax
11-08-2006, 10:07
That's incredible, fantastic find! The Lore forum owe you one!

Avoc
15-08-2006, 12:39
Shiro wasent evil. He was put into doubt by the fortune teller (who I think was either being controlled herself or was a hench for whoever is behind the events in Nightfall) to think that the emperor would kill him.
The emperor being the divine link in the chinese mythology, Shiro wouldent be able to do anything against him. Then he could have given his body to an evil spirit in order for him to "survive" the emperors assault.
Ofcourse this was all a trick.

My theory atleast.

zeeZer
15-08-2006, 19:53
Looks like the canthan emperor himself adds his share to our ch2/3 link :)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7052/vlcsnap7691808ra0.th.jpg (http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap7691808ra0.jpg)

Ranger Nietzsche
17-08-2006, 22:10
good catch, i noticed the canthan in the trailer but not the emporer

Devilish Evangelist
17-08-2006, 22:37
Just want to give you a little more.
In the Guildwar: NightFall Chinese name translation event. There are some hints as well:
Link: http://guildwars.nctaiwan.com/event/eventAsp/ch3title/event.asp

In Chinese:是誰讓白影田勝的靈魂,回到凱珊大地上肆虐?冥冥中,一股黑暗力量崛起,大地是否將陷人無 止境的黑夜?

In English: Who let the spirit of Shiro back to Cantha and torture us? As the dark force rises, will the land fall into the unlimited darkness?

There are three interesting names for us to choose, all come with a little interesting story.

We're quite sure the story is about a dark force that make could make evil/ good people become mortal again and harm the world...

Just like what they do in Chapter 1... (My little prince Rurik...)

Quintus Antonius
17-08-2006, 22:55
Just want to give you a little more.
In the Guildwar: NightFall Chinese name translation event. There are some hints as well:
Link: http://guildwars.nctaiwan.com/event/eventAsp/ch3title/event.asp

In Chinese:是誰讓白影田勝的靈魂,回到凱珊大地上肆虐?冥冥中,一股黑暗力量崛起,大地是否將陷人無 止境的黑夜?

In English: Who let the spirit of Shiro back to Cantha and torture us? As the dark force rises, will the land fall into the unlimited darkness?

There are three interesting names for us to choose, all come with a little interesting story.

We're quite sure the story is about a dark force that make could make evil/ good people become mortal again and harm the world...

Just like what they do in Chapter 1... (My little prince Rurik...)

Yes, actually, the reanimation of Rurik by the Vizier is what first inspired me to explore the possibility of a connection. Obviously, the Lich was a powerful necromancer, but it wasn't just Rurik's body which was reanimated, it was also his soul within that, which makes me think the Vizier needed "otherworldly" help to do this.

Trojan
18-08-2006, 02:08
Doesn't that remind you of the constructs Shiro used?

Granted, the vessel was made of flesh and bone rather than materials like metal and jade, but the connection is there.

Quintus Antonius
18-08-2006, 03:16
Yes actually. I considered that connection too, but at the time, I didn't know how to tie it together. The difference is, Rurik's body was available whereas the Temple inductees', used for the constructs, bodies were gone for centuries so he had to use something else. It's very similar, both could not control their bodies and had their souls fueling "tools of evil" (for lack of a better term).