PDA

View Full Version : [Canthan Lore] another war brewing in cantha

the bomb
09-08-2006, 16:12
i could see another war happening in cantha did anyone take a good look at the manual the naga are pissed at humans and wardens are pissed at humans. So I can see another war in cantha :) I am suprised they have not united and made a stand agisnt the human yet.

Dragonfire Archer
09-08-2006, 16:14
No offense but I don't really think so. I'd say the war would be happening IN Factions, not in Nightfall. Besides I'm betting the Naga and Wardens won't even be part of Nightfall. Sorry 'bout that. There may be a war with some other type of enemy though. Thats always possible :smile:

Quintus Antonius
09-08-2006, 16:37
Canthan Lore in the Main Forum? Whaaaaaaat!? *moves it*

Camaris Spectre
09-08-2006, 16:57
The wardens are being controlled/influenced by Urgoz. I've always assumed that heading down into the warren and offing him either breaks the warden's power or at least starts the conversion process to make them "guardians of the forest" again.

I suspect that Naga will be trouble for a long time to come, but more of a skirmish type. Maybe someday humanity will have a chance to help them out and they will forgive humans for killing most of them and turning the sea to jade.

Shorefire
24-08-2006, 03:31
There wont be any Naga or Wardens in Nightfall, the wardens represent the Echovald forest's pain and suffering from the Jade Wind, and the Naga represent the death and suffering of the Jade Sea from the Jade Wind. They are purely canthan, and the least we will see from them in Nightfall is minor sub-species, like desert Naga, or something like that.

Quintus Antonius
24-08-2006, 04:24
There wont be any Naga or Wardens in Nightfall, the wardens represent the Echovald forest's pain and suffering from the Jade Wind, and the Naga represent the death and suffering of the Jade Sea from the Jade Wind. They are purely canthan, and the least we will see from them in Nightfall is minor sub-species, like desert Naga, or something like that.

Desert Naga? Aren't those called Forgotten? :tongue:

Brainbasher
31-08-2006, 18:09
nope, stated in the manual on page 45 "the two species are unrelated"

Quintus Antonius
31-08-2006, 21:20
Unrelated can mean lots of things, "Unrelated genetically", "unrelated culturally", "not affiliated". It isn't specific. Two species of birds can be "unrelated" and still have a common ancestor, for instance.

Because the Forgotten are extratyrian (as in, not from Tyria), and by all indications are the first serpentine race on Tyria, it is almost impossible that the Naga did not have any historical root with the Forgotten. A Naga in the Desert would almost certainly be a Forgotten, because the split would not happen.

Shorefire
03-09-2006, 06:12
I agree with Quintus, but I am confused on the whole timeline between Cantha and Tyria. Where did the Forgotten go first? Wasnt it Tyria first?

How did they cross the sea?