PDA

View Full Version : the be-all end-all guide to defeating your mirror (post suggestions here!)

Pages : 1 [2]

ThunderGodd
17-03-2006, 23:02
Me/E LvL 8

completed the Forgotten Ones and the 15 attribute quest to get to level 8 and get the extra attribute points

Attributes:
Fast Casting: 3+1 (using Sleek Mask)
Illusion: 1
Domination: 7
Earth: 5

Important Skills: (damage done with the above attributes)
Glyph of Sacrifice
Backfire (84)
Obsidian Flame (52)
Arcane Echo

Non-Important Skills: (for the mirror to use, just make sure they aren't skill interrupts, damage dealers or healing spells)
Imagined Burden
Illusion of Haste
Spirit Shackles
Energy Tap

Cast the Glyph before stepping on the third pad and starting the cutscene...skip cutscene...hit Backfire (it goes instantly due to the glyph). Use Arcane Echo, then use Obsidian Flame and the Arcane Echo version of Obsidian Flame, then hit obsidian flame as soon as it's recharged. The three Obsidian Flames combined with the Backfire Damage was enough to kill him for me...in about 10-15 seconds...killing blow was done with Obsidian Flame, with plenty of health to spare.

Went from level 8 to level 14 by defeating the mirror and getting the bonus.

ThunderGodd
18-03-2006, 17:31
This was my first time Ascending and the only problem I had wasn't with my build, but with the fact that I always ported in facing away from my doppelganger. By the time I would target him, 2/3 of my HP were gone.

Here's a tip...unless you concentrate on damaging the mirror with your weapon...hit tab (or whatever your target nearest button is) to target him no matter what direction you are facing. Then you can start firing off your spells even if you don't see him.

Mini Viking
19-03-2006, 21:19
Me/W lvl 16

Skills:

Empathy
Distortion

Attributes:

13 Domination (Imposing mask +1 Domination)
the rest in Fast Casting

Tactic:

Right away target your mirror with the "c" key and use Empathy.
After that click Distortion.

Repeat Distortion if it wears off.

This message has been brought to you by Mini Viking.

JonTheGoose
21-03-2006, 03:37
well i just ascended with my Ranger/Ele but i cheated and used the old spirits trick. i beat him in about 20 seconds. maybe even less.

However, i decided to go back and see if i could beat him using just my straight PvE build, what i've played the whole game with. No tricks, no gimmicks.

my loadout was

Beast: 9
Expertise: 10
Wilderness: 9
Marks: 12

Dual shot
Kindled
Distracting
Call of Haste (this was the only skill i switched, Res sig is usually here)
Charm Animal
Whirling
Troll
Comfort animal

Even though it took far longer than the old spirit trick i eventually beat him. I tanked him with my pet while i ran up the ramp and took the high ground. I interrupted his kindled and troll (he never thought to use whirling to prevent from getting interrupted) and an old trick i picked up in the arenas if my whirling was still recharging: cast kindled, let him interrupt it and when his distracting shot is recharging cast troll without interruption and vice versa. Basically fake out his distracting shot. before long he was dead. Just goes to show you don't always need an exploit to beat the mirror. just some quick thinking.

Super Kenny
21-03-2006, 03:57
I didn't even think it was hard, I did it in my second try.
At first, I try to go all out on damage+healing strategy, of course failed and found out that he uses the same moves.

Second, I brought pet, apply poison, shortbow, the rest is spirits came in close and killed my mirror with no problems. That's a big flaw that they made, but fun lol.

xXBinaryXx
04-04-2006, 09:18
Mo/Me but probably Mo/Anything

If you look at this last page first as I did and then go backwards through the posts trying various suggestions, you'll eventually come across this solution which worked a dream for me (the previous ones didnt). Cant remember who posted it but its sweet.

Just add Healing Breeze to your bar only.
Max out the attributes into Healing Breeze

Check which staff you are using and what its min req is.
Put all your remaining attribute points into this requirement.

Zero everything else.

Go through to the Mesa & just before you step onto the last Murray Mint, cast Healing Breeze on yourself.

Go through, target the Doppleganger. Theres no need to be close to it.

Keep your eye on Healing Breeze and as it starts to flicker, cast it again, & keep this up.

You'll beat the Doppleganger in not time at all.

A lot of other suggestions didnt work for me. Im not convinced they dont change the way the Doppleganger reacts every so often which could be the reason, and ome of the other suggestions were just too complicated.

Artemis Shadowhawk
04-04-2006, 16:55
Ritualist:

Dissonance
Bloodsong
Pain
Shadowsong
Painful Bond

Put Dissonance down first, follow with Shadowsong, Pain, Bloodsong and finally Painful Bond. He'll never be able to cast as long as you have Dissonance on the board.

Randy Stinson
05-04-2006, 03:34
The easiest way to win if you are a ranger is to load up with real powerful bow attack skills. Important that they are specificaly bow attacks. When entering the area of the dopplganger have an empty weapon set equiped and instantly target and hit space bar. You will run right up to the twin and he will pul out his axe. He can no longer use the bow attack skills and you canswitch to a weapon set with a bow and wail on him. You can even use poison arrow and he can't. I know this works I've tried it and it works with any ranger/x or x/ ranger as long as you use specific bow attack skills and not preperations.

Obsidian
07-04-2006, 18:02
N/Mo lvl 20

Spitefull Spirit {E}
Insidious Parasite
Healing Breeze (just in case, doppleganger is not using it for some reason and if it does the gain is less than the SS damage)
all those useless minion skills like animate bone horror and fiend and such or leave the fields blank ;)

I had curses 15 and healing 8.

At the very beginning spam him with SS (and if needed IP or repeat SS) and DO NOT attack at any cost, do not wand him, for he will be using an SS and IP too, which don't do any damage to you if you don't attack mueheheh. So basically doppleganger doesn't have any attack skills except for his weapon. It took me about 30 seconds with those skills to watch him die literally, as I said on another thread - I was just running around in circles after casting SS and he kept attacking and loosing hp :girly:

pcarribeanleinad
10-04-2006, 23:10
I used Necro/Warrior
12 Swordsmanship
15 Blood Magic
1. Pure Strike
2. Seeking Blade
3. Garlath Slash
4. Final Thrust
5. Hamstring
6. Vampiric Touch
7. Frenzy
8. Res Sig

While the doopleganger wasted mana on hamstring i used vampiric touch
i also used sword skills while he had frenzy on allowing me to get bonus:)

natasia
15-04-2006, 20:44
Ranger.

First note. I capped barrage at lvl 16 with henchies.

Skills I used. FW and Barrage. That was it, all other skill slots were empty.

I moved in close to the dopleganger, so he switched to a close ranger weapon ( Think it was an axe). He cast FW for me, that was pretty silly of him. Then, I spam cast barrage and killed him easily. I'm positive this stratagy would work perfectly well with other arrow skills. Just stand in right next to him and he'll never use his bow.

The Ze
19-04-2006, 20:16
Necromancer/Any second proffesion
Awaken Blood
sacrifce skills
P.S. I'm sorry if somebody allrdy posted this kind of skill set

orchidsystem
21-04-2006, 02:44
WARRIOR

Haven't read this whole thread, so this has probably been mentioned before, but this is by far the easiest battle of all. Max out your weapon attribute and set everything else to 0. Put Frenzy in your first slot, and don't use it. That's it. Just walk in and attack him. I had half my life left when he was dead.

SpineyNorman
22-04-2006, 00:15
Me/N
As is typical, I take in the build I had for the last mission I did just to get the feel of things.
1) Conjure Phantasm
2) Clumsiness
3) Cry of Frustration
4) Ether Feast
5) Energy Tap
6) Phantom Pain
7) Physical Resistance
8) Res Sig

Illusion 13
Inspiration 13
Fast Cast 5
Domination 2

7--before entering; 2,1,6. 4 & 5 as needed/available. Repeat any hexes as they wear off or are available (esp 2). Funny thing was, my doppleganger didn't use Ether Feast; hence, she died--and pretty quickly, too.

Ubermancer
12-05-2006, 11:13
Just killed my Mirror in a few seconds with a 13 Ele in presear armor (barring headpiece).

12 Fire, Sup rune, +1 fire
Rest doesnt matter, but I guess energy storage.

Glyph of Sacrifice
Meteor Shower
Firestorm
Inferno
useless skill
useless skill
useless skill
useless skill

I personally brought Armor of Earth as I was sure he would cast that at start to buff himself. Turns out he didnt, no biggie though.

Precast Glyph, enter portal, cast MS, cast firestorm, run up, inferno. If need be, bring another DD skill.

Death Nova is a great skill to bring because as he drops down he will be stopping to cast it instead of attacking you.

Got bonus easy.

Sheikh Al Stranghi
20-05-2006, 15:05
Monk ascension build

max dmg healing wand

retribution
healing breeze

max smiting and healing

thats all :) got him in 15 seconds with that.

treelong
27-05-2006, 12:05
mesmer:

take a close combat weapon

take iw whith 16 ilussion magic

then take all the skills you realy dont need like the stances no healing spells the mirror doesnt has a rune of major illusion magic and the hat so it will only deal 32 dammage at a time and you 46 and it takes a while for the mirror to choose iw so youl prob have him half health when it chooses iw

schism
28-05-2006, 09:26
Actually, I am a pure mesmer and used this formula which required no dodging...

Cap out Fast casting & Domination @13, everything else set to zero.

The spells I equipped, in order...

Arcane echo
Backfire
Empathy
wastrel's worry
Shatter delusions
energy sig

What I actually used...

Cast once for Arcane Echo
cast once for Backfire
cast once for Empathy
Cast Arcane Echo again(aka Backfire)

It was over so friggin fast I didn't have time to blink!!!
screen loaded i hit 1 and was dead. did you leave anything out? did i miss something?:huh:

Valkirie Champion
29-05-2006, 16:00
After being defeated 10 times, i realized something, mirrors dont have pet...
So i put my G/R all on beast mastery, got a pet rained him, bought pet skill (2 or 3 of more damage) and when the battle went on, in 10 second my mirror was on the ground. :)

Such easy victory!

Unknown Hatred
02-06-2006, 17:20
N/Me

Blood Renewal
Shatter Enchantment.
Any self healing spell (NOT ENCHANMENT)

Max out on Blood and whatever shatter's attribute is (i forgot)

mirror uses blood renewal..sacrifices 25% hp..then gets it shattered..if he tries to shatter you..there won't be any affect..and heal if neccescary...oddly the mirror never seems to use healing spells...meh, bloody idiot

Jacobbs
03-06-2006, 20:57
Lol since they updated the AI to move out of AoE, many of the AoE trick ones dont work well now.

I just did it on an ele/mo

Blinding Flash + Incindiary Bond. Flashed him, and just hexed him when it recycled. Easy enough.

Zaxares
05-06-2006, 09:03
I'm wondering... Has anybody got suggestions for beating your Doppelganger as an Assassin or Ritualist? I know those are Factions professions, but there's no similar mission in Factions.

moenbase
07-06-2006, 15:23
Here is one for Ritualist:

1) Boon Of Creation (can do without it do)
2) to.. 8)
As much attacking spirits as you can make.
A must is the interupting spirit.

Casting order:
Begin with the interupting spirit. Most likely he will make a Pain spirit.
Then use Boon of Creation so you will get healed if ur under fire.
Raise ur other spirits. At this time your interupting spirit is ready to fire and will interupt your Doppelganger every time he tries to make a spirit.
He will die under 20 seconds. Piece of Cake.

ChernobylOverseer
19-06-2006, 19:08
anyone got one for a N/Mo?? I beat him but won with only 16 health left..

For N/Mo take ALL sacrifice spells and scourge sacrifice, and just dont let him attack you

Longbowyer
23-06-2006, 09:48
Ranger / X

1. Point Blank Shot
2-7. useless nature rituals
epuipment: shortbow

expertise and marksmaship is maxxed. everything else is 0

in combat, the mirror will cast the spirits first, during which you just SPAM POINT BLANK SHOT TILL THE MOFO DROPS!!!
done
mirror dead
finished in 20 seconds
kthxbi ;)

CircuitAngel
23-06-2006, 15:45
Ranger / X

1. Point Blank Shot
2-7. useless nature rituals
epuipment: shortbow

expertise and marksmaship is maxxed. everything else is 0

in combat, the mirror will cast the spirits first, during which you just SPAM POINT BLANK SHOT TILL THE MOFO DROPS!!!
done
mirror dead
finished in 20 seconds
kthxbi ;)
As a Elem, I brought Meteor Shower, Meteor, and 6 other Damaging Fire spells. From there, I ran around the arena while he wasted Energy trying to AoE me. From there I cast MS, Searing Heat, Fireball, Meteor, and then just Flare'd him to death.

Was able to defeat him first try.

IIIPowerIII
23-06-2006, 16:41
I'm wondering... Has anybody got suggestions for beating your Doppelganger as an Assassin or Ritualist? I know those are Factions professions, but there's no similar mission in Factions.
I've tried with an A/Mo with vig spirit, live vic, critical defense, palm strike, critical strike and deafeated him under 10sec easy

ColdEden
25-06-2006, 23:03
I dunno if this has been said already, but I beat my mirror in ten seconds with my Mesmer/Necromancer, and here's how.

Fast Casting: 7ish
Domination Magic: AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE
Inspiration: Doesn't matter
Illusion: Doesn't matter
Blood: Doesn't matter
Curses: Doesn't matter
Death: Doesn't matter

You can do this with any mesmer character, be it primary or secondary. The strategy: use backfire. Seriously. You have two required spells.

Empathy
Backfire

Then, equip a bunch of spells from your other profession, and change that attribute count to zero. I picked curses. Curses was set to zero, and aside from domination magic, my only spells were curses.

Try to use spells that only use 5 energy, so your doppleganger keeps hitting you with spells without hitting zero energy. If you backfire them at the start of the battle, they lose 100 health per spell and die in ten seconds. All you have to do is stand there and not die, which is easy because the spells they're using are at level zero.

So all you Me/E, Me/N, Mo/Me, N/Me, E/Me... you'll have no problem beating your mirror with this build. But you CAN'T USE THIS ON RITUALISTS. Rituals aren't spells. Aside from that, go nuts and good luck.

Dawn Stormborn
27-06-2006, 03:55
Here is one for Ritualist:

1) Boon Of Creation (can do without it do)
2) to.. 8)
As much attacking spirits as you can make.
A must is the interupting spirit.

Casting order:
Begin with the interupting spirit. Most likely he will make a Pain spirit.
Then use Boon of Creation so you will get healed if ur under fire.
Raise ur other spirits. At this time your interupting spirit is ready to fire and will interupt your Doppelganger every time he tries to make a spirit.
He will die under 20 seconds. Piece of Cake.

Yes, this worked for me:

1 dissonance
2 pain
3 spirit burn
4 spirit rift
5 restoration
6 soothing
7 recuperation
8 preservation

Similar to ranger ascension, spirit 5-8 are useless (I had my recuperation at 1). Start with dissonance, which immediately start to interrupt everything else he does. I put down pain and then 3-4 as they recharged and it wasn't even close.

Zaxares
27-06-2006, 05:08
I've tried with an A/Mo with vig spirit, live vic, critical defense, palm strike, critical strike and deafeated him under 10sec easy

I'm an A/Rt though... I was thinking of using a Palm Strike/Blinding Powder combo to neutralise his attacks, followed by the usual HotO/FS/TF combo. Bring along a few useless Rit spirits (Soothing?? I don't even use Adrenaline, you silly Doppelganger! Hehehehehe...) to occupy him while I get off my initial combo.

Wethospu
27-06-2006, 13:15
If you are warrior use Sword skills and Sword because your mirror uses axe.
Good sword skills are ripostes.

Turquoise Rain
09-07-2006, 14:35
Last night my ele beat her double in under 15 seconds.

Everything in fire magic and energy storage.

Water Attunement
Earth Attunement
Air Attunement
Blessed Aura
Swirling Aura
Meteor Shower
Firestorm
Flare

The first 4 do absolutely nothing, but the double casts them on itself and wastes time. While it was doing that I cast Swirling Aura on myself (For 8...18 seconds, Swirling Aura has a 50% chance to "block" arrows and magical projectiles - double had a bow (this was my second attempt so I was ready for it)), cast Meteor Shower, ran a few steps in case the double had got around to casting one of the AoEs while I was looking at my skill bar, and spammed Flare a few times. One dead double. I don't even think I was hit once.

If you're not secondary Monk something like Conjure Frost would work instead of Blessed Aura.

upier
12-07-2006, 21:26
the fun mesmer way:
max out illusion and inspiration
Illusion of weakness
Conjure
Distortion
Spirit Of failure
Spirit Shackles

Cast IoW before you enter and heal. Go in and the first thing the doppel does is cast Iow - there he lost 200 hp on the spot. you cast your pretty little hexes on him and hell degen to death (since degen does not trigger protecion spells). just stand there and spam diversion - reaply the hexes when needed. Make sure you dont attack him since youll trigger his IoW if your attack hits. If youre running low on hp - let him hit you so that your IoW triggers. funfunfun - and easy as pie.

btw - did the doppel get fixed so that he does not sac himself to death anymore - was using AtB with Emfeebling Blood and Plague Transfer and he stopped using any life-saccing skills when his hp dropped so low that he would kill himslef.

Zaxares
13-07-2006, 06:03
btw - did the doppel get fixed so that he does not sac himself to death anymore - was using AtB with Emfeebling Blood and Plague Transfer and he stopped using any life-saccing skills when his hp dropped so low that he would kill himslef.

I think that was always the case. Enemy AI will stop using sacrificing skills when the sacrifice would kill them. That's not really a problem for the Doppelganger though; just wand him to death once he gets low enough. :wink:

Karuro
13-07-2006, 18:51
Will work for all Monks:
Divine Boon
Retribution
Banish
Bane Signet
Healing Breeze
(Max smiting and healing as much as you can, I did it on lvl 18)

Activate Boon and Retribution before stepping on the last panel. Throw on healing breeze, run on it, skip movie and fire away! Only use the healing breeze when the icon starts flashing. Got it within 45 secs ^^"

Conqueror Scale
16-07-2006, 00:22
Hey! this is my little guide how to kill own mirror (also known as Doppelganger)
with all professions, these are my choices, there will more other, but these are how my mirror is killed. Lets get started:

Necromancer: People think this is hard but its not, there is no use for spike spells or curses, just simple Sacrifice skills (NOTE: DO NOT USE THEM ON YOURSELF!) Bring as much sacrifice skills you have (If your N/Mo, bring healing breeze for self-heal, he wont use it). You dont need to set any attributes since Mirror has max attributes. Once you get in use Healing Breeze and start wanding him, he will shoot for a while but then he start use sacrifice skills, he will kill himself for his own spells. :grin: There is no faster style than this to do.

Elementalist: This belongs to fast overkill cathegory. It took me 6 seconds to handle this. Skills I took was: Immolate, Fire Ball & Meteor Shower. Put all to fire and rest ES (NOTE: BRINGING AS MUCH ATTUNEMENTS AND GLYPHS WILL HELP TO KEEP HIM BUSY). Once you get in, cast immolate + fire ball and dodge his Meteor Shower. Cast twice immolate + fireball and his DEAD. Simple and easy. :cool:

Warrior: This is the most easiest profession to do this. Only skill you need is Frenzy (NOTE: DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU WANT SOME CHALLENGE). Weapons: As fast and max dmg is best, so I recommed axe or sword with max dmg, mods if you can. Shield can be anything but max defense.

Monk: I have seen this is most hardest to do this and you will NOT be able to get 50.000 exp bonus for sure. This took me a day to spend on mirror. Few ideas is to use SoJ if you got rushed (NOTE: DO NOT WAND MIRROR WHILE HE GOT SOJ ON). Most popular monk mirror style is to use Retribution + Healing Breeze. Sure there is bit harder style but more effective, but will take time and patience. Using AoE spells (Like balthazars aura, symbol of wrath, zealots fire) but it is harder. Stick on Retribution + Healing Breeze for success.

Mesmer: This is easy to make, simply using Domination spells for success. Spells I took was: Backfire, Empathy and other that makes him snoozy. :happy: Put all to domination and rest to FC. Once you get him cast immediatly Backfire and then Empathy. Then heal yourself. Watch him die on his own spells, how pretty? =D

Ranger: This was easy too, maybe bit complicated but will be done. Skills I took was: As much spirits to keep him busy and dmg skills (Power shot, penet etc.) But DO NOT use spirits, let him do them and focus to shoot him down. Will take while but its fast. :laughing:

Ritualist and Assasin I havent figured out yet, but maybe in future we can do it. Little note to everyone: USE MAX DEFENSE ARMOR (1.5K / 15K ARMORS FOR SMALLER PHYSICAL DAMAGE)

Leave your comments and ideas. (btw. this is my first guide)

Dunnoir
16-07-2006, 01:26
good work on the guide! helped me to finally ascend my necro :)

i will say though that i find the best way for a ranger to beat him is to take a pet and only beast mastery skills. your mirror doesnt have a pet and will spend most of his time trying to cast skills that will do nothing to you/for him. then just pound him with your bow. bing bang bosh bonus!

shaarn
16-07-2006, 02:21
For necromancer, don't forget to bring awaken the blood.

Holb
16-07-2006, 05:29
Not to rain on the parade, but there already is a thread regarding this.

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=346324

Conqueror Scale
16-07-2006, 10:07
To Holb: I didnt knew it, havent been for a while and started Guild Wars recently, maybe I gotta look this whole section so I know what to write. :grin:

To Shaarn: Yes, forgot that spell, it helps a lot to get Mirror down. Also it depends what your secondary is so you can get some other spells too which depends on secondary.

Sorry my bad english. :|

Bilateralrope
16-07-2006, 12:56
When facing the doppleganger, I've heard that if you have spent any attribute points on an attribute, the dopple gets 12 in it. Otherwise he gets 0 in it.

A quick method I've found with monks for getting the bonus:

Max out your smiting, drop healing and divine to 0. Bring smite healing, orison and healing touch (or any 5e spike heal). Cast smite healing on him and start wanding (you will need a near max weapon you meet the req for). Once his health drops low enough for him to want to heal, smite heal will hit him for more than he healed by, so he will try to heal again. He will be dead before smite healing wears off

Kastemato
17-07-2006, 00:21
This is a really easy build with Ritualist:
12 channeling (or more if you got runes and/or headpiece)
Earthbind
Restoration
bloodsong
disenchantment
shadowsong
spirit rift
ancestors rage
cruel was Daoshen

Precast cruel was Daoshen before entering battle.
Now he wastes 25 seconds casting those spirits, and you cast spirit rift and ancestors rage on him. Just when you finish ancestors rage you drop the ashes. Then just spam those skills away.:)

richo
18-07-2006, 18:29
monk:

retribution
healing breeze
holy wrath

simple? i hope so just cast all spells and keep healing breeze up...

ShaneOmac
22-07-2006, 04:34
Warrior

frenzy
sever artery
gash
(insert attack here)
final thrust

dead in 30 seconds

Kelli
22-07-2006, 12:03
Sorry, but no build works for warrior. Myself and about 10 guildmates cant kill dopple, from levels 12 all the way up to 20 with one attribute quest done. It really is BS that Anet finds the need to push the unbalance towards Warriors (Once again) and not Nerf the Dopple for everyone. Rangers can still sprit spam etc, Monks can Retribution, Holy Wrath, HB, But tanks, you walk up you get hit to death. It does more dmg then you can dish out. For the few that HAVE beaten it, priase to you, but there are TONS now that cant beat their dopple because of Anets Nerf Need to Feed.

Frenzy - Pointless, use it against him he hits you for TONS more dmg then before
Sever - Works if your not dead by trying to get the 4 hits in, yet your hlth is about 2/3 by this time
Gash - Another joke, youll have it on you before he has it on him, and if you do get it on him, your already dead from getting hit by Final Thrust if you listen to the post here
Final Thrust - Write your own death wish, your hit and 1hit KO

richo
22-07-2006, 13:39
Sorry, but no build works for warrior. Myself and about 10 guildmates cant kill dopple, from levels 12 all the way up to 20 with one attribute quest done. It really is BS that Anet finds the need to push the unbalance towards Warriors (Once again) and not Nerf the Dopple for everyone. Rangers can still sprit spam etc, Monks can Retribution, Holy Wrath, HB, But tanks, you walk up you get hit to death. It does more dmg then you can dish out. For the few that HAVE beaten it, priase to you, but there are TONS now that cant beat their dopple because of Anets Nerf Need to Feed.

Frenzy - Pointless, use it against him he hits you for TONS more dmg then before
Sever - Works if your not dead by trying to get the 4 hits in, yet your hlth is about 2/3 by this time
Gash - Another joke, youll have it on you before he has it on him, and if you do get it on him, your already dead from getting hit by Final Thrust if you listen to the post here
Final Thrust - Write your own death wish, your hit and 1hit KO

you must suck ar warrior then cause with me he is dead withing that time and you dont trigger frenzy ofcourse its for doble only so he takes double dmg:rolleyes:
the point in this build is:

doble uses frenzy you start hitting him and you dont trigger frenzy he will take double dmg and its 100% sure he is before you reach even half life:tongue:

edit:
praise the few who can? its so easy to kill doble with a warrior with my own build i kill him under 10 seconds witch NO other proffesion can do....

Djinn Effer
22-07-2006, 14:13
Ranger: Throw Dirt + Distracting Shot
Ranger: Power Shot + 7 Spirits

Warrior: Any decent bar, just make sure you have max armor and max weapons, its incredibly easy.

Mesmer: Backfire + Useless skills. It casts, you don't.

Elementalist: Meteor Shower, Rodgort's Invocation, Firestorm, Fireball, Meteor, Flare, etc. You kite, it really doesn't very well when it's knocked down.

Xavatar
22-07-2006, 14:59
lol zomg!
i'm a warrior, went in with 16 in axe mastery and brought frenzy along.
doppleganger turned on frenzy and i killed him in 3 hits
5 seconds flat, no time to use skills or charge up adrenaline.
try doing that kelli...i think the doppleganger is nerfed as compared to a few months ago when i completed the game...

liamSlayer
22-07-2006, 16:01
Frenzy

attack him while useing it....

Majosea
23-07-2006, 20:57
Warrior:

Use an axe.

lol, seriously.

Your mirror will still use a sword, and therefore will not be able to use adrenal skills.

My mirror hit me once with power attack... healed about 2-3 times with the signet, and got me to.. well, about 3/5 health... and I didn't heal once. I annihlated him.

So yeah, use an axe.

Also, have frenzy on, but don't necessarily use it, and for great justice. When they begin their frenzying, hit for great justice; your skills will charge super fast, and if you have a correct build for your character, you can be using a skill (be it either energy or adrenal powered) for every attack against your mirror.

Thanks...5 seconds to kill the dopple.

VersionX
24-07-2006, 01:57
The very first time I faced him on my Me/N was stressful, let me tell you. I knew he was a "copy" of me, but that's all I knew. I didn't know how he worked, moved, looked, anything. I got owned 5 times before *just* beating him and gaining bonus with an Empathy, Power Spike, Backfire and Chaos Storm skill bar.

This I wouldn't recommend though. Not two minutes ago I went in with 16 illusion, Illusionary Weaponry and Frenzy. Charge upto him, activate IW, he'll use Frenzy, bam, 84 per a hit. I used some rather fetching daggers.

Zaxares
24-07-2006, 06:39
General tips for beating the Doppelganger on each Prophecies profession. I haven't included elite skills in these builds since an elite skill is not necessary to beat the Doppelganger.

Warrior
1. Bring Frenzy. DO NOT USE FRENZY YOURSELF. The Doppelganger will use Frenzy and you can smash him down in half the time.

2. Your Doppelganger does not use a shield. Exploit this. Bring Shield Stance and Shield Bash. Coupled with Frenzy, you can't POSSIBLY lose.

Ranger
1. Bring a bunch of useless spirits like Nature's Renewal, Primal Echoes and most importantly, Favorable Winds. Your Doppelganger will waste a bunch of time and energy putting them up while you attack him.

2. Run up right next to the Doppelganger before attacking with your bow. Since you're now in melee range, he will switch to his axe. He is now totally incapable of using your bow skills, so just Power Shot, Hunter's Shot etc. him to death.

Monk
1. You will need to deal damage in order to win. This means using Smiting Prayers. Bring Retribution and Holy Wrath, and cast them on yourself before starting the battle. The Doppelganger will waste time and energy casting them on himself before attacking.

2. Stand next to the Doppelganger to get him to try and attack you. Attack him once or twice to drain his energy, then use Bane Signet to finish the job. If you have Factions, Signet of Rage is also handy. Try to avoid attacking him too much, and Retribution and Holy Wrath will do most of your damage for you.

3. I've heard that Healing Breeze is good for self-healing, since the Doppelganger doesn't use it unless he has degen on him, but I've never needed Healing Breeze to win.

Mesmer
1. I don't have a mesmer character, but your best bet is to go Domination and bring Backfire, Empathy and Illusion of Weakness. When the battle starts, quickly cast Backfire on him. He'll normally start with IoW and may very well kill himself straight off if you were fast enough with the spell. If not, cast Empathy on him and then just spam Distortion while he Empathy's himself to death.

Necromancer
1. Bring Awaken the Blood and a couple of useless sacrifice skills. I recommend Defile Flesh, Enfeebling Blood and Plague Sending. He'll use AtB, you don't. Now he sacrifices twice the health that you do. Whenever he uses Enfeebling Blood on you, use Plague Sending to send it back. Due to AtB, he'll run out of health faster than you will.

2. Another popular tactic is to max out Curses and use Insidious Parasite and Price of Failure. He attacks, you don't. Watch as he kills himself.

Elementalist
1. Don't have an Elementalist character, but Meteor Shower is a very good spell against him. If he casts it on you, simply run out of the area. He's too dumb to do likewise, and you can easily spike him to death in between the knockdowns.

Assassin
1. The crucial thing in this match is to ensure that you get off your attack chain before he does. Consider bringing along a slow-casting, useless hex to occupy him while you close into range. (I recommend Scorpion Wire). After that, the good old Horns of the Ox/Falling Spider/Twisting Fangs combo should
pretty much wrap things up. Blinding Powder will also ruin his day if you get it off first.

Ritualist
1. I don't have a ritualist character, but again, I would recommend bringing a bunch of useless spirits to occupy him while you attack.

ShaneOmac
24-07-2006, 17:43
this is the dude you fight after you ascend right?

cause that guy was seriously a joke, didn't think anyone would need a guide to beat him =/

i didn't even know you HAD to fight a mirror, i just went in with my farming build...

shield stance works wonders!

Azrael STX
27-07-2006, 00:47
My Assassin doesn't use daggers, so this guide didn't help much, lol (not a critical ranger either =P).

So, I had to come up with a non-attacking way to kill the doppleganger. Looking through the skills I had available, a rather non-traditional solution hit me.

My skillbar was:

Heart of Shadow
Viper's Defense
Shroud of Distress
Shadow of Haste
Dash
Dark Escape

Just that, I didn't need anything else, and I actually never even used Shroud of Distress. It's there just in case.

The only attribute you need points in is Shadow Arts, which I had at 13. Because of my runes, my other assassin skills were at 1, but it didn't matter for this build.

The way it works is, as soon as the fight starts, you use Heart of Shadow and Viper's Defense. Let him hit you with an arrow, poisoning him and healing you, then use Dark Escape and run away. When they have recharged, use HoS and VD again, then let him hit you again. Use Shadow of Haste to run away, and when the doppleganger is away from where you cast it, use Dash to teleport back.

You use Viper's Defense to keep the doppleganger constantly poisoned. You use Heart of Shadow so that you stay at full health (when he died I was at max health from HoS and regen from not being attacked in a while). You use the running skills to stay away from him while you wait for your two main skills to recharge. Finally, Shroud of Distress is a backup skill, just in case worse comes to worse (although I never dropped below 80% health, so it's very unlikely).

It takes about a minute for him to die from constant poison. No bonus using this method, sorry. You'll gain a bunch of levels from killing him, so you can come back afterwards and use a different build to more easily acquire the bonus. And if it's not really obvious from the skills you're giving him.. don't attack him, for any reason, at any time, unless you want to lose =P

Hope that helps assassins who are having trouble with this.

gonk
29-07-2006, 22:05
ok ive been trying to beat this thing for a couple of hours now, i have tried many different builds and such to try and beat it but it just working.:angry:

Im a N/E and im haveing great trouble beating this thing any helpful hints and tips or builds etc to help me beat the doppleganger will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:grin:

Banfasta
29-07-2006, 22:13
the trick is NOT to attack him.. the 2 main skills to bring are if you dont have spiteful spirit, bring insidous parasite, and bring enfeeble, then he doen nearly no damage as he heals you and hurts himself... other skills to bring are dark aura, blood is power and NO BLOD MAGIC, then bring dark pact and he'll sac himself...

gonk
29-07-2006, 22:45
Nice advice Banfasta worked really well with a bit of patience.

Thanks alot.
:grin:

ShaneOmac
30-07-2006, 06:03
Ranger is probably the easiest class for killing your mirror.

bring troll unguent, savage/distracting shot, and 6 Beast Mastery skills

Use your pet to attack, all he can do is either shoot you with arrows, use distracting/savage shot, and heal!

when he heals, just interrupt him while completely destroying him with your pet

i killed him in 9 seconds

PuppyEater
30-07-2006, 10:12
Last i checked your pet doesnt follow you in, they changed this???

ShaneOmac
30-07-2006, 18:24
i dunno

but my pet followed me in =/

Mirka
02-08-2006, 18:31
It took me 5 or so tries, but I beat him under 10 seconds like this:

Me/W 16

Frenzy
Backfire
Empathy
Chaos Storm
Energy Burn

I casted Backfire, then Empathy, then Chaos Storm - moved out of the Chaos Storm the npc casted on me, did Energy Burn then Empathy again, then hit him once with my staff.

I tried the previous suggestion of just using backfire, empathy and chaos storm (Page 7) and unfortunately I didn't have quite enough damage output to kill the guy. So, I opt'd to put Frenzy on the bar so the NPC would use it (If that's how it works, from what I understand) and Energy Burn just to do that little extra damage I was missing. The only troubles I had were that he would energy burn me and I wouldn't beable to cast something in the lineup, thus failing those few times.

Thank you for having this thread here with everyone posting suggestions, I wouldn't have been able to do this if it wasn't for all the mesmers sharing what they did. Thank you!

LuckyMonk
10-08-2006, 04:31
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but will someone tell me how to easily defeat the doppleganger for ascending while your a ranger and half monk? i REALLY need help. sorry, if this is the wrong place to ask.

SoloVero
10-08-2006, 17:31
I just ascended at with my level 17 Mo/E

All attrib in Healing and Smiting

I tried the standard:
Devine Boon (Before Entry)
Retribution (Before Entry)
Healing Breeze (Before Entry)
Bane signet
Banish

(I don't have holy Wrath)

Healing Breeze has been nerfed, you can't cast it at the stones, you auto run back far enough to ensure it has expired before entry. At level 17 I didn't have enough fire power to win. Only got Dop to ~40% health before dying.

So I went back and added

Symbol of Wrath - More firepower
Succor - BS Enchant
Essence Bond - BS Enchant (in this case)

My successful sequence went like:

Devine Boon (Before Entry)
Retribution (Before Entry)
Bane signet
Banish
Run up to him
Symbol of Wrath
Healing Breeze
Bane signet
Banish
Healing Breeze
Symbol of Wrath

The key here is that he did not run from SoW nor cast it on me. He applied enchants, cast Bane, Banish then went to his bow.

I forgot to check the time but I did get the bonus.

Hello level 20 and bring on the dragon

Siggy
10-08-2006, 22:07
Ranger/Any

1.) Kindle Arrows
2.) Quickening Zephyr
3.) Favorable Winds
4.) Winnowing

The actual spirits don't matter. What matters is that while your doppelganger is casting all the nature rituals, you will have already kindled your arrows and are hammering. I say kindle because You don't need the AOE damage from ignite and it has a larger hit bonus. With a volley of attacks, its more effective than apply poison.
Just whatever you do, don't bring Troll Unguent. He uses it too efficiently when you shouldn't have to use it at all.

Odharith
11-08-2006, 00:57
not sure eigther if this is the right place, but here goes. Pack a LOT of spirits, like the first 4 on your bar, Savege shot, distracting shot, healing breeze (he's not using breeze) and some other thing he can't really benefit. just let him place the spirits and interupt them at the last second, he can't hurt you while placing them. you don't even have to interupt, you can also replace the interupts for damage attacks and just spam him with that, he's too busy setting the spirits anyway.

upier
11-08-2006, 14:59
oki the easy way to taking down the ritualist:
boon of creation
pain
bloodsong
shadowsong
shelter
union
consume soul
(forgot to remove flesh of my flesh - but you could bring another damaging spirit)

boon before you enter - then put down your spirits
pain/blood will hurt him - shadow will blind him
and youll be trashing his spirits with consume and get healed for 240 when you do so (he wont go after your spirits since youll run to his - and hell switch to his melee weapon) - easy as pie - prolly the easiest ive ever done on any char

kansloos
17-08-2006, 14:59
with a necro/mesmer
i cant find a way, i tried everything just dont 'work' :(

Khashul
17-08-2006, 15:00
Stick in Awaken The Blood, Order Of Pain, Dark Fury and Order of the Vampire

Just let him sacrifice himself :) Of course you can use any other sacrificing skills but these dont provide him anything special.

Archenine Paranoia
17-08-2006, 15:42
Awaken The Blood, a few sacrifice spells, Backfire.

cranialexodus
17-08-2006, 17:59
reckless haste + price of failure

Undead Priest
17-08-2006, 18:54
Stick in Awaken The Blood, Order Of Pain, Dark Fury and Order of the Vampire

Just let him sacrifice himself :) Of course you can use any other sacrificing skills but these dont provide him anything special.

Yeah, I might also consider adding Signet of agony, Enfeebling Blood, and Defile Flesh. Also make sure if you use a sacrifice build that you put absolutely NOTHING into ANYTHING!!!!
(i.e. 0 in blood, 0 in death, 0 in curses)
this will make all the skills totally ineffective against you (thus not hurting you much if at all)
and your doppleganger will still sacrifice the same amount everytime he uses one.
All you want to do is just have the Dopple use his skills (the one's you've so thoughtfully laid out for him with the terrible attributes) against you.

I haven't tried fighting the Dopple since I got Cultist's Fervor, but I would love to see what happens if you put that on your skill bar, and maybe add spammable spells like dark pact or bitter chill on your skill bar. :grin:

Viti Ligo
18-08-2006, 07:05
Well, I beat the doppel with N/E... packed the skillbar mostly with useless sac skills ( so doppel won't be able to use them or dies faster if she does ) and two real attack skills if I remember right they was rotting flesh and some elementalist spike skill. The trick was that I had to be just a little bit faster than doppel, because she replied with same combo as I did. Being the one who strike first menat that I was last to stand alive ( I admit that I would have died in few seconds after doppel but it's no problem as task is done when doppel dies ). Oh and it's important to have more than 12 attrib points at skills that you are planning to use as doppel has 12 on every attrib.

Shrakzara
18-08-2006, 15:12
N/Me:

Empathy
Price of Failure
Spirit of Failure
Illusion of Weakness
Enfeeblement
Incidious Parasite
Physical Resistance
Rez Signet

Cast IoW before hitting the 3 stones. Once at full health, press on 3rd stone.

Cast spells in order, and use PR before hitting 3rd stone too.

Don't Attack! Emathy, PoF, SoF will hurt it so much, it will use IoW so it can heal, but it will endup sacrificing itself and die. :D

Have fund and good luck!

myrslok
18-08-2006, 15:49
I don't get it. I didnt even know what a build was when i defeated the mirror. He wasn't hard at all. I'm not saying im uber, i just dont get why anyone would need a guide for it? For ME it was like. Ok wo who's this guy? I Fought for 90 sec and then he was stone dead. Like no challenge at all :embarassed:

Ringsgold
20-08-2006, 01:29
I beat him in around 13 seconds using Soul Leech{e}, backfire, faintheartedness, insidious parasite, price of failure, weaken armor, parasitic bond and one other curses hex I can't remember, att points: 16blood, 12 domination magic. Target him as fast as you can, cast soul leech and backfire, then run around a bit waiting for him to die :) (if you don't have soul leech or money for headgear+sup rune, try cranialexodus's method) :)

BrankoZ
20-08-2006, 04:04
N/Mo - I put 12 points into death magic, 11 into healing prayers. Brought healing breeze, plus all my death magic skills that did things to corpses. Since there were none, and since he doesn't use breeze, it was only a matter of time (though I did get down to about 20% health, I think because his staff was better than my 10-17)

Mazlins
22-08-2006, 07:25
SS+Reckless+Price on dopple, Ret n Wrath on me = dead in seconds

Medea Of Kolchis
24-08-2006, 01:10
rangers... two words: beast mastery. your double doesn't get a pet. took in my level 20 stalker with about half my skills slots devoted to beast mastery, my doppleganger was dead in about 30 seconds. going in, i didn't know whether there would be a doppleganger of my pet or not, so for anyone else wondering, the answer is no.

ThunderGodd
27-08-2006, 17:22
Level 14
N/Mo

Bane Signet
Awaken the Blood (double the sac)
Order of the Vampire (17% sac)
Verata's Aura (33% sac)
Defile Flesh (20% sac)
Symbol of Wrath
Zealot's Fire
Healing Breeze

Smiting Maxed...everything else as low as they could go

When I first ran in he hit me with Bane as soon as I started hitting him with my staff...he then started with the awaken the blood...then the sacrificing...but he didn't do all of them...it took him down to about half health. I hit him with symbol of wrath (5 quick hits of 27 damage) and applied zealot's fire...then ran up to him and spammed healing breeze. He ran off with a sliver of health left...I finished him off with Bane Signet...

Done in just over 10 seconds...

I tried going with just awaken and some useless sac skills...but he just hit awaken then started hitting me with his bow...killed me easily the first time...

this is the only time so far I used both professions to beat my mirror I think...

Zaxares
28-08-2006, 02:12
The Doppelganger only uses sacrifice skills if the situation warrants it, and if there are no other skills which take up a higher priority in his AI. I noticed that the Doppelganger seems to have a preference for utility skills/enchantments over hexes, hexes over attack skills, attack skills over direct damage spells, and direct damage spells over other skills. Therefore, if you want the Doppelganger to sacrifice himself to death, you need to bring a skillset that ensures he will use at least some of them.

Back when I beat him with my necromancer, I used:

Awaken the Blood
Defile Flesh
Enfeebling Blood
Plague Sending

And nothing else. He cast AtB, followed by Defile Flesh. (Note: he may not use Defile Flesh if you do not have a secondary that has a healing skill) I just wanded him in the meantime. He then cast Enfeebling Blood. I cast Plague Sending and send it back. He casts Plague Sending and sends it back to me again. Repeat ad nauseum. He'll die first due to AtB. Note that recent AI improvements may mean that he stops using Plague Sending when using it would kill himself, so finish him off with your wand/staff if you have to.

ThunderGodd
28-08-2006, 16:06
LvL 16 Rt/N

Left attributes what they were before I faced my mirror (what I used to finish Dunes)
Communing 10+1+1
Restoration 9+1
Channeling 0+1
Spawning 7+1

Anguished Was Lingwah (When dropped produces a Spirit of Pain that is one level above the regular spirit of pain Spell)
Pain
Bloodsong
Dissonance
Boon of Creation
Union
Shelter
Spirit Light (Sarifice 10% health unless there is a spirit in the area, target ally is healed for up to 127 health)

Didn't use Union or Shelter to beat him...never got around to casting those...
Before going in I cast Angusished Was Lingwah then Boon of Creation. Went in Dropped Anguished immediately, Cast Pain, Bloodsong, and Dissonance. Dopplganger cast Pain, Bloodsong, and Dissonance. Basically I outdamaged him with my spirits...though I had to use Spirit light for an emergency heal a couple of times (one time was interrupted by Dissonance, one at the very end ftw).

Beat in about 15 seconds.

I don't think he even touches the ash spells (holding the ashes of whoever)....so that might be a good way to go right now...plus that'll keep him from using his weapon if he does hold them...

Mirka
02-09-2006, 09:25
I just ascended on my 2nd character, an E/Me. Half way through level 8. My guildies ran me to it because they wanted me to stop whining about how slow leveling is in Prophecies. :D Plus, I had some help from PuG running groups doing free test runs in two of the desert missions.

I had... 7 points in Domination, the rest in Fire Magic.

My main spells were:
Glyph of Sacrifice
Backfire
Flare

The rest were just a load of 'useless' spells that wouldn't hurt me like Burden, Arcane Echo, Swirling Aura, etc.

I lit two of the three rocks, and before the cutscene I casted the Glyph. I then ran to the third rock and had my mouse over the skip button, and my fingers over the tab key and the number Backfire was bound to. I skipped, press tab, used Backfire, and then just spamed flare.

I failed a few times because he'd cast Backfire on me, so I ran it until I faced an AI that wouldn't use Backfire. My backfire at level 8 did like 84 damage, the backfire he did to me was like 113 or so, and with only 200 something health I had no choice. lol.

This way of doing it was far from efficient, though, I beat it with the bonus and now my e/me is 15 so it worked. :)

Basically this strat was for him to backfire himself to death spamming the useless enchantment/hex spells and flare.

jaigoda
07-09-2006, 07:31
this was probably posted before, but i didn't have enough time to look through all 34 pages. The easiest character for beating the dopple is a warrior. all you need is frenzy and a weapon. as soon as you get in, quickly start attacking him. just let him use frenzy over and over. sit back and watch him kill himself!

Mirka
07-09-2006, 08:01
I'm addicted to this running low characters to ascension thing. XD I ran a Warrior to the ascension though, he's only level 8 and the Frenzy/Weapon thing doesn't work... I don't have enough points to put into my weapon to have it hit hard, and he hits too hard (I'm not using Frenzy myself) for me to survive. I got him to 50% so I think I'll climb to level 12-13 or so before I give it another go.

Xavier Lightstone
07-09-2006, 14:47
Just nerf your build and have a play. Easiest is to take all beast mastery (for R/* and */R) and let your pet rip the dopple a new 'hole.

felinette
07-09-2006, 15:19
Recently ascended my Me/R. I did with her what I do with all my R/X and X/R. Put all your spirit skills at the lower end of your skillbar. At the upper end, some skills that do damage (if you're R/X, take bow skills).

The dopple will spend a good 20-25 seconds running through all the spirit stuff while you pound on him/her. If you've taken bow skills, make sure you've closed to melee range so if dopple is still standing after casting all spirit stuff, dopple will use melee weapon. Dopple will go down within the bonus time period.

My mesmer took conjure phantasm, empathy, and clumsiness as dmg skills (and 4 spirits. Forget what the other dmg skill was; she didn't need it, anyway).

paulatpingu
07-09-2006, 15:21
People talking about skill sets for facing the Doppelganger; would it not be possible to do the opposite thing, clear your skill bar and beat them down by having vampiric weapons?

Or alternatively, take a preparation like apply poison and one interupt, have the preparation activated before you enter, and get some hits in with poison before the AI can sucessful get there's activated.

(I did the second with my Lv16 R/Mo and it worked fine - it was close, but I always had a 50HP advantage as I'd started the poison quicker)

Zaxares
08-09-2006, 05:22
Beat my Doppelganger with my assassin/ritualist last weekend. Killed him in just over 6seconds with a slightly modified Horns spiker build. :tongue:

Here's what I brought:

A/Rt:
Dagger Mastery and Critical Strikes maxed, 0 ranks in Shadow Arts and Restoration

Heart of Shadow
Death's Charge
Golden Phoenix Strike
Horns of the Ox
Falling Spider
Twisting Fangs
Moebius Strike (E)
Soothing

Before activating the last pedestal, put Heart of Shadow on yourself. It lasts a friggin' long time, but skip the cutscene anyway to save time.

When battle starts, the first thing your Doppelganger does is start to put up Soothing. (I don't even use adrenaline, you silly Doppel!)

Death's Charge to him, then click 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Chances are he'll be dead by the time Twisting Fangs is over, but if he isn't, Moebius Strike will certainly finish the job. He probably won't even get a chance to hit you. :grin:

Cos Lewans
13-09-2006, 06:35
Rangers:All know rangers have no good armor... but i made it like this: Run that close to him to he starts to use axe (He hits more less whit axe than bow)And then use:Savage shot,Troll unguent,melandaru arrows (elite),read the wind. And nothing else thats how u do it:First melandaru and read the wind and when he uses troll u use savage and if he makes too much damage just use troll cos he cant interput u becouse he uses axe right now. (Good build)

jmjahrel
13-10-2006, 07:57
W/Any: Bring a sword and full tactics. Have only riposte, deadly riposte, and frenzy in your skill bar. Run up to him when the battle starts and use frenzy and both ripostes whenever possible. The battle should take less than 15 seconds since he will use frenzy also and take double damage from the ripostes. (The Doppleganger cannot damage you with ripostes since he does not wield a sword.)

Redwinter
20-10-2006, 16:51
Me/E

Air attunement
Fire attunement
Water attunement
Iron Mist
Grasping Earth
Physical Resistance
Mark of Rodgort

Throw up Physical Resistance & then use Mark of Rodgort. I used Nightfall Sunspear Bonusitem to deal the fire damage. Since he doesn't deal fire damage, he can't trigger it. When his life is low, he'll tend to throw Grasping Earth or Iron Mist on you. All downhill from there.

Completed the Doppleganger bit with my Indomitable Survivor, this way.

nubnub
23-10-2006, 12:20
N/x

All attributes 0

Awaken the Blood
Order of the Vampire {e}

Shouldn't take more than 15 seconds.

Mo/x

Smiting maxed. All others 0

Healing Breeze
Retribution
Holy Wrath

Cast retribution and holy wrath on yourself before you start moving towards the stones. Cast breeze on yourself just before you step on the last stone. Run up to him and stand there. He will die fast.

Mo/W

Smiting maxed. All others 0

Retribution
Holy Wrath
Frenzy

Cast enchants on yourself. Run in. Stand next to him. He will kill himself.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AIQ1k0W2mAk

Wraparound
23-10-2006, 20:33
Me/E

Backfire....'nuff said.

9sec kill.

Degas
02-11-2006, 15:26
R primary or secondary, pet with only pet skills, don't even need to put ranks in BM, you also get the bonus

Harry Highpants
05-11-2006, 23:31
R/W equip all useless long casting skills (quickening Zephyr, winter and the like) as discussed earlier in thread run in close and shoot him with you bow...too easy..... dead in less than 10-15 secs, i didn't even lose 10% of health and he didn't even finish casting his skills before he was dead...quite an anti climax after the 3 ascension missions.....ohh forgot to put in, set marksmanship high as you can & take all points out of WS.

GoldenGoat
05-11-2006, 23:40
I would like to add a HUGE shout-out to the use of Insidious Parasite for any necro. With 16 curses, I went in with that skill along with Price of Failure and (as a monk secondary) Healing Breeze.

Never needed to use Breeze, and PoF probably made it go slower. All you have to do is recast IP whenever possible, and stand there watching it kill itself. This is a FANTASTIC skill for any necro fighting his mirror.

Starlight Shade
20-11-2006, 13:35
ranger/mo

penetrating shot (quick recharge)

natures renewal
predatory season
favorable winds
that one that makes signet cost more
quickening something or other
and 2 more i cant remember

basically fill it up with 7 nature rituals, mostly ones that will benefit you in some way

even if it benefits him, he will be too busy casting all 7 of them, and i killed him before he even finished casting the last one

also, put all your attributes at 0 so that rituals die fast and he recasts them
just put your expertise and marksmanship up as high as you can after you get in, so you can poound him hard and for a cheap cost

Even better i used that build apart from

6 rituals
apply poison
penertrating attack

tip: use apply poison before you step onto the last stone, once casted step onto the stone and skip cinematic.

I killed him in around 17-20 seconds using this build. And that was the second try. (when i decided to add apply poison)

Lillith
20-11-2006, 22:13
Tried the poison route...and only ended up poisoning myself! lol...
But I did do Firestorm, Flare, Fireball and Eruption...
Then I hit her with Hunter's shot.
Then she ran from me and tried to bow attack, but I caught up with her and as she was casting, I hit her with Penetrating and Hunter's shot...
This was after about 7 different builds...
Oh..and it really helped that I changed my armor..I went in at first with 70 armor that I got at the Consulate...and went in with my 40 armor instead.
Made a real big difference!

Zaxares
21-11-2006, 04:52
So, anybody Ascended with their Dervish or Paragon yet?

Harry Highpants
26-11-2006, 02:59
W/Mo...Frenzy..that's it...he's dead in 10 secs max

ChernobylOverseer
27-11-2006, 15:12
N/Mo or Mo/N

Sac Spells + Scourge Sacrifice

Dead Fast (under a minute)

ajoratiraj
28-11-2006, 13:40
E/N

Obsidian Flame
Slow cast +armor skills (grasping earth, armor of earth, earth attunement, etc.)

Mirror casts every buff in the skill bar, you just keep spamming obsidian on him, armor ignoring damage takes him out in 4 or 5 hits.

I guess you could throw in some sacrificial spells to speed it up a bit.

Critcal Strike
02-12-2006, 17:25
basicly all you need to do is dont put healing or any attacks in rangers should use spirits and warriors frenzy is good as he takes more damage from your hit monks no healing memsar no curses warrior/rangers no attaks and you should kill him pretty easil and do bouns!

VersionX
09-12-2006, 14:30
The very first time I faced him on my Me/N was stressful, let me tell you. I knew he was a "copy" of me, but that's all I knew. I didn't know how he worked, moved, looked, anything. I got owned 5 times before *just* beating him and gaining bonus with an Empathy, Power Spike, Backfire and Chaos Storm skill bar.

This I wouldn't recommend though. Not two minutes ago I went in with 16 illusion, Illusionary Weaponry and Frenzy. Charge upto him, activate IW, he'll use Frenzy, bam, 84 per a hit. I used some rather fetching daggers.

I know I've posted this before, but honestly, this has got to be the easiest way for a Mesmer to beat him.. ever. Without having to tread into the Elementalist line.. ugh.. -shudders-

Painservedcold
10-12-2006, 21:35
Backfire
Empathy
Dark Pact
Power Leak
Blood Ritual
Arcane Echo
Mantra of Recovery

just keep Backfire up and it'll suicide all by itself

mulzi
14-12-2006, 11:40
P/N

In this order on your bar:
Signet of Agony
Awaken Blood
blood ritual
Dark Pact
Aggressive refrain
Slayer's spear
spear of lighting
cruel spear

As soon as you get in, start with Agressive Refrain, and work your way right.
mirror will sac 50% life in first 3 skills, and you will kill it in about 7 seconds with IAS and the 3 spear attacks...

ValdaRhian
14-12-2006, 13:14
Backfire
just keep Backfire up and it'll suicide all by itself
Yeah, that's how I did it. I put a bunch of buffs on my skillbar along with backfire. I cast as soon as we started and it killed itself in under 10 seconds by casting the buffs on itself. :smiley:

MoonUnit
18-12-2006, 02:07
I just did it with....

N/Mo

Parasitic Bond
Insidious Parasite
Faintheartedness
Life siphon
Order of the vamp

Zaa Nayazu
18-12-2006, 17:09
E/Me

Ward Against Melee
Armor of Earth
Emphaty

Cast Emphaty, get close to him, cast armor of earth and ward. then just dance around him.

The Judge
19-12-2006, 05:54
Simple way for a Warrior to defeat his or her doppledanger...Frenzy and max out the attribute of your weapon. (Sword, Axe, or Hammer) DO NOT USE FRENZY, ONLY LET THE DOPPLEDANGER USE IT!!!!

skaspaakssa
02-01-2007, 23:23
I'm surprised I did a search in this thread and didn't find anything with pets. My ranger just beat his doppleganger really really easily with a pet, pet attacks, and troll.

Mizgog
05-01-2007, 20:02
Mine is a necromancer build, second proffesion monk, or i guess it works Monk/Anything.

Pacifism.
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE

Try make the curses sacrificial.

Now BE THE FIRST TO CURSE HIM WITH PACIFISM, then let him curse himself, pacifism doesn't allow curses so he sacrifices for nothing, just keep doing that.

Harshateja
06-01-2007, 08:40
Mesmer - Slap backfire on mirror and bring a skill with an instant recharge.
Elementalist - Meteor shower.

Hadesbow
10-02-2007, 21:40
Didn't read all of them but here is my build that almost had me stitches laughing

Awaken the Blood
Sacrifice skill
Sacrifice skill
Sacrifice skill
order of the vampire

He will use awaken the blood and then he'll start to use the sacrifice skills. Order of the Vamp has a fast recharge so he will use it often. Honestly i was still lagging out when he died from using OotV.

Yorkiebar
23-02-2007, 02:05
For my W/Mo I put maximum ranks in Axe Mastery and Strength, equipped four ENERGY-using attack skills and Executioner's strike (Adrenaline). Ran in, 1-2-3-4-5. Killed him in under 6 seconds.

briangm
03-03-2007, 06:44
Max out Scythe Mastery and use a max. damage scythe, equip no skills and whack away. Double was dead in 40 seconds.

He uses an axe which cannot match the damage output from a scythe. GG

MoonUnit
03-03-2007, 16:32
Mine is a necromancer build, second proffesion monk, or i guess it works Monk/Anything.

Pacifism.
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE
CURSE

Try make the curses sacrificial.

Now BE THE FIRST TO CURSE HIM WITH PACIFISM, then let him curse himself, pacifism doesn't allow curses so he sacrifices for nothing, just keep doing that.

I am assuming you mean bring sacrificing skills, not curses. Pacifism only prevents the target from attacking, not casting spells. :smiley:

Harry Highpants
12-03-2007, 02:36
Mo/Me

Empathy
Healing Breeze

Let him attack you, you just heal yourself, he doesn't use HB on himself for some reason, he uses Empathy and he will kill himself, 30-40 secs. I did this with some apprehension on my 'Survivor' Monk and it worked no problem.

kohora the brave
28-03-2007, 05:00
heres what i used to beat my dopple at level 12 on a mesmer

Illusionary Weapon
Healing Breeze

thats all and it was a fast and easy fight

toveri Juri
24-04-2007, 19:47
Another easy way:
N/mo or Mo/n no attributes needed
Awaken the Blood
Order of Pain
Scourge Sacrifise
Enchantment removal

1.Cast scourge of healing then let him cast OoP.
2.Remove it and cast Ssac again.
3.he will cast OoP again resulting in his death.

Ofcourse you could place some attributes in Smithing prayers so you don't have to cast Ssac twice.

No attributes needed and dies in 2 hits.
Works on hard too

Val Roize Lionheart
04-06-2007, 10:57
For Warriors:

Bring No Skill of any Kind.
But do put all available attributes in Swordmanship.

BTW, Bring a Sword, Use a Sword.

Why?

Because your mirror uses an Axe.

And the Sword's attack speed is faster then Axe.

Therefore, you'll out slash him as he desperately hack you to death.

Trust me... you can make it !

General Hellspear :smiley:

fishy go moo
20-06-2007, 01:13
i killed him in about 10 seconds with this only losing about half hp

sever attery
gash
thrill of victory
finalthrust
defensive stance
deadly riptos
shove
and then something else

richo
25-06-2007, 12:26
For Warriors:

Bring No Skill of any Kind.
But do put all available attributes in Swordmanship.

BTW, Bring a Sword, Use a Sword.

Why?

Because your mirror uses an Axe.

And the Sword's attack speed is faster then Axe.

Therefore, you'll out slash him as he desperately hack you to death.

Trust me... you can make it !

General Hellspear :smiley:

you sure about the sword = faster then an axe?

axe: Attack Interval = 1.33 sec
sword: attack interval = 1.33 sec

Zaxares
26-06-2007, 05:42
Bah, easiest way to beat the Doppelganger as a warrior:

1. Bring Frenzy.
2. Don't use it yourself.
3. Win!

If you have the skill Shield Stance, bring that as well to give you even more of an unfair advantage; the Doppelganger can't use the skill as he doesn't have a shield.

richo
26-06-2007, 08:34
i used this for a warrior on hm:
deadly ripose
riposte
gash
quivering blade
galrath slash
watch yourself
lions comfort
flail
(template: [Skills;OQATERKX1hwAY4b/lBDf9vyVAA])

mesmer Hard Mode
necrosis
spitefull spirit
insidious parasite
emphatie
(took 5 seconds)

The Red Fox
02-07-2007, 15:16
My warrior killed his mirror on HM with the easiest build to use. The build I used was regular W/rit UW solo build. Kills the mirror in 20 seconds.

Dwayans Voice
03-07-2007, 23:55
Easiest time I ever had killing him was on HM with my Ritualist.
Just bring Vengeful Weapon and Weapon of Remedy and spam them constantly.
It is important that you do not attack him thought, as he will use them too.

Citan Uzuki
04-07-2007, 01:18
I beat him easily with my ranger.

Enraged Lunge
Charm Animal
Comfort Animal
Symbiotic Bond
Call of Protection
And another beast mastery skill, which I forgot

The doppleganger showed up with no pet, so I used my shouts and that other skill, then just spammed Enraged Lunge whenever it recharged.

agoon
11-07-2007, 10:47
Marksmanship 12+3+1, Wilderness 8+1+1, Expertise 7+2+1
Favorable Winds, Quickening Zephyr, Burning Arrow, Apply Poison.
Doppleganger has 680hp(Just like humans would)

Doppelganger casts FW, 5 seconds
You cast AP, 2 seconds, cast burning arrow, get 2 bow hits off.
Doppelganger casts QZ, 5 seconds
cast burning arrow, get 1 bow attack off
Doppelganger begins casting Burning arrow
Doppelganger dies.

shadowhand
11-07-2007, 14:59
I brought vengeful was khanhei and vengeful weapon with my rit for hard mode - with restoration magic at 16. Just hold the ashes and keep putting up the weapon spell when it wears off.

Seems a bit faster than using weapon of remedy - but that might just be me.

Fossa
19-07-2007, 12:34
Ranger HM with a pet is as easy as NM since he dont have a pet in HM either.
Toxicity, Confort, Charm, Feral Lunge, Poisonous Bite, Ferocious Strike 2 skill slots not used.
As a bonus he puts down toxicity for you and dies faster.

Viti Ligo
25-07-2007, 06:50
Ranger HM with a pet is as easy as NM since he dont have a pet in HM either.
Toxicity, Confort, Charm, Feral Lunge, Poisonous Bite, Ferocious Strike 2 skill slots not used.
As a bonus he puts down toxicity for you and dies faster.

I used pet, but only took 2 skills :
[1] charm animal
[2] Heal as One

Not the fastest way to kill him ( he went down in 21 secs ) but certainly funniest so far...

MStarfire
25-07-2007, 11:25
Being a Ritualist remains the fastest way to kill this bastard. I brought three skills: Empathy, Vengeful Weapon, and VwK. Beat hard mode in about 18 seconds.

Zaxares
26-07-2007, 04:56
Being a Ritualist remains the fastest way to kill this bastard. I brought three skills: Empathy, Vengeful Weapon, and VwK. Beat hard mode in about 18 seconds.

Nah, an assassin can still kill him the fastest. My best record remains at about 7.2 seconds for NM and a little bit higher for HM. :grin:

bobmac
03-08-2007, 03:34
How i beat with my 55hp monk

Skills:
dismiss condition
blessed aura
shield of judgment
blank
blank
blank
blank
blank

Divine favor: 14
Smiting prayers: 16
Protection prayers: 7
Healing prayers: 3

HP:105
Energy:35

Equipment: max armor with all runes and totem axe WITHOUT cesta

Easiest way ever, before you start whack blessed aura on then when you get into battle don't attack him just keep shield of judgment on and use divine favor from dismiss condition to heal, doppleganger doesn't have divine favor effect.
Make sure to activate shield after he starts attacking you, it should be a close call from when SoJ runs out and his last hit to kill him, if it runs out before he only has 4hp left anyway so just hit him with your axe :tongue:

Chiaro
03-08-2007, 04:34
Paragon/Elementalist

Skills:
Leader's Comfort
Spear of Lightening
Mighty Throw
Barbed Spear
Blazing Spear
Merciless Spear
Anthem of Flame
There's Nothing to Fear!

Leadership: 12
Spear Mastery: 14

I killed him in 7 seconds using spear attacks only. He dropped very, very fast.

Asbjornsalech
03-08-2007, 04:51
ON hard mode as az mesmer i used Backfire, Empathy, Shatter Delusion mind wrack

Easy to use throw backfire then empathy followed by MW and SHatter he will trigger Empathy you won't got it done in 25 seconds on hard mode good luck

Zaxares
03-08-2007, 07:12
Paragon/Elementalist

Skills:
Leader's Comfort
Spear of Lightening
Mighty Throw
Barbed Spear
Blazing Spear
Merciless Spear
Anthem of Flame
There's Nothing to Fear!

Leadership: 12
Spear Mastery: 14

I killed him in 7 seconds using spear attacks only. He dropped very, very fast.

Out of curiosity, does the Doppelganger get access to the PvE only skills?

Viti Ligo
03-08-2007, 09:23
Done ascension once again recently, this time with my new warrior.

THIS IS NORMAL MODE ONLY way to do it:

equipment sword and shield ( doppel isn't using shield and wields an axe )

skills:
1:Deadly Riposte Skill. For 8 seconds, while you have a sword equipped, you block the next melee attack against you, and your attacker is struck for 15...75 damage and begins Bleeding for 3...21 seconds.

2:Shield Bash

Skill. For 5...10 seconds, while wielding a shield, the next attack skill used against you is blocked. If it was a melee skill, your attacker is knocked down and that skill is disabled for an additional 15 seconds.

3:Power Attack Melee Attack. If this attack hits, you strike for +10...34 damage.

4:Gash Sword Attack. If this attack hits a bleeding foe, you strike for 5...17 more damage and that foe suffers a deep wound, lowering that foe's maximum Health by 20% for 5...17 seconds.

Usage: Once in mission hit 1, after doppel has done first attack hit 2, then 3 until doppel is dead or you have enough adren for 4.

I killed him with this just about 9 seconds... haven't tried it multiple times or in HM though and at least in HM this is reported to fail due that doppel has sword and shield...

EDIT: equip only these skills and as allways - don't bring any self heal a dobbel can use !

Hermos
01-09-2007, 12:05
Necromancer - Order of Blood + OoV + Wand/Staff.

Monstrum
03-10-2007, 13:58
any war, just pack frenzy, and let him use it... thats it

thor thunder
03-10-2007, 14:46
what is this? a mission right?? where ?

Van Tomiko
18-11-2007, 15:26
2 hits kill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/VanTomiko/dopple-1.jpg

Van Tomiko
18-11-2007, 18:27
well .... i just 1 hit killed the doppel o.o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/VanTomiko/dopple3.jpg

Nochtflamir
18-11-2007, 20:38
well .... i just 1 hit killed the doppel o.o

Crazy...mind listing the skills and attribute spread?

Van Tomiko
19-11-2007, 01:04
Crazy...mind listing the skills and attribute spread?

Scythe = 14
Mysticism = 11
Max Norn Title
Lvl 4 Kurzick Title
Lvl 6 Asura Title

skills used :

I'm the strongest + 20 damage
Aura of Holy Might 24% more damage from scythe
Asuran Scan 48% more damage
Radiant Scythe +47 damage when energy > 25
Avatar of Lyssa +38 damage while foe activate skill (+20 max energy)
Frenzy X 2 all above

The idea is to hit the dopple with radiant scythe while he activate frenzy while you arent :P

Zaxares
19-11-2007, 04:20
So the doppelganger doesn't use PvE skills? Interesting... I was told he does.

tvalentijn
30-04-2008, 16:09
Probably this one has been mentioned already, but just for good order's sake:

I did it with my Monk but you can do it with any profession - go secondary Mesmer. Max out on Domination Magic. Bring some kind of weapon with extra health.

Take only EMPATHY as skill, nothing else

Keep casting Empathy, don't attack yourself. The mirror attacks you with his sword and will kill himself (45 damage each attack at 12 Domination Magic). I beat it within one minute.

Simbola
18-10-2008, 21:42
If you're bored:

Ursan

Jinetikz
19-12-2008, 03:12
This is what i did...

Preparation...
Skills
1 - Savage(Sabage) Shot (Anything that interrupts a skill is fine)
2 - Troll Urgent
3 - Spirit of Nature (The one the double an arrows speed + 6 damage)

12 Marksmanship
10 Expertise

Everything else blank...

The battle...
1 - First cast troll urgent on yourself while he uses spirit of nature.
2 - Just attack him regularly, and when he tries to "Troll Urgent" himself, interrupt it, then immediately cast it on your self.

If you can follow the 2 steps, you'll have no problem at all...

The only thing to be careful of, is to make sure to not use the savage shot before it is needed, if you do, then he will immediately cast troll urgent, and you're at game over
If you follow these steps, then you should have no problem at all.

Baructt
10-03-2009, 14:48
I thought this mission was easy. As an elementalist/monk, first I removed all of the cool buffs and healing stuff. Then in the mission, I hit him with Fire Storm and then moved up close to deliver some Lava Font while continuing to move behind him, causing confusion. Then, it just took one or two hits to take him out. It was a piece of cake. Maybe it was made easier over the years. I'm a newbie, so I dunno.

Kahlan
10-03-2009, 15:43
I thought this mission was easy. As an elementalist/monk, first I removed all of the cool buffs and healing stuff. Then in the mission, I hit him with Fire Storm and then moved up close to deliver some Lava Font while continuing to move behind him, causing confusion. Then, it just took one or two hits to take him out. It was a piece of cake. Maybe it was made easier over the years. I'm a newbie, so I dunno.

Oh yeah, times have changed.

Used to, you had 60 seconds to get the bonus. Now its what, 10 mins? And there's a counter (didn't have that before either). Its definitely been made easier. I remember it used to be such a pain.

Aretelio
10-03-2009, 18:40
I remember it used to be such a pain.

Ugh, did it ever! :wink:

Darth Z
15-03-2009, 22:27
Edit: already stated please remove post

Sunbane
16-07-2009, 17:56
It no longer uses Frenzy at all.

MoonUnit
17-07-2009, 07:13

Only in hard mode.

MisterB
19-07-2009, 19:39

It uses Frenzied Defense in Hard mode.

Warrior/Monk

Auspicious Parry
Riposte
Deadly Riposte
Watch Yourself
Frenzied Defense
Balthazar's Spirit
Enraging Charge

16 Tactics
10 Strength
8 Smiting

This is a hard mode build. Cast Balth's before you step on the stone, use Enraged, and attack with a spear or wand for the adrenaline. Stand next to it, trigger both ripostes, and keep attacking with your spear or wand to help charge Auspicious Parry, which powers your other adrenaline skills. Switch back and forth from spear to attack, and sword to Riposte. Maintain Watch Yourself. Doppelganger will use Frenzied Defense, doubling damage from your Ripostes, and he'll kill himself.